Alpha 7 - FAQ and Feedback: Global Rebalancing & Changes

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by EleonGameStudios, Oct 18, 2017.

1. StyleBBQ

StyleBBQ Captain

Curious as to why the Oxygen Stations require Cobalt. Or Power. Isn't their current function solely to refill Suit O2? That would just be a pressure differential, which is readily controlled via simple non-powered regulators.

Leads me to wonder if, possibly, the stations could be capable of condensing O2 out of the atmosphere, like I imagine the small Emergency O2 generator does to make/fill the small O2 bottles.

I haven't used Ventilators much lately, but I think that previously you could basically use them on 'breathable' planets to make the large O2 bottles?

Anyway, minor stuff :)

2. Zaflis

Zaflis Commander

basicCV.jpg
    This is the most bare-bones CV i can make. Using only low tier components and no extra devices like crafters or fridge. 2 S-thrusters in most angles, but 4 at back and under. The neodymium and cobalt cost is excessive, considering it's the first warp ship? Also keep in mind ore balancing on hard difficulty SP, if it's possible to craft it. Cobalt can be found on Akua moon in deposits and meteors, but neodymium doesn't generate in the whole Akua-planet system.

3. Kosmic Kerman

Kosmic Kerman Commander

You may need to start with a warp-capable SV. Also that is not really the most bare-bones CV you can make as the the amount of thrusters you have are a luxury not a necessity.

4. Zaflis

Zaflis Commander

With 6 thrusters and 1 rcs the price is still at 570 neodymium, 304 cobalt, etc. I guess the SV warp is only choice, unless looting something pricy from POI.

5. crimsonedge885

crimsonedge885 Lieutenant

This is about the cheapest I can make a functional CV:

The reason mine is cheaper is because I only use 1 Thruster S in each direction. 17m/s is plenty fast enough for a CV, IMO. Especially a starter CV.

[​IMG]

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1168905464

I can make something like this after hitting 2-3 POIs and feeding looted devices into the factory. I completely skip making a warp SV, and just make the above CV first.

7.0 is very much Empyrion: Galactic Micro Machines. There aren't really any advantages to using big vessels in single player survival.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  6. Gwyll

Gwyll Ensign

Anyone had issues with mobile constructors? It seems deconstruct still gets the old equipment back, but that cannot be used in blueprints. And does not seem to return any components.

7. Zaflis

Zaflis Commander

You can use almost anything in blueprints; cores, weapons, bullets, thrusters...

8. Gwyll

Gwyll Ensign

Just not that one item. You get the HV/SV constructor back, not the HV or SV specific one.

9. Fisch050

Fisch050 Lieutenant

This isn't feedback about the tutorial in 7.2, it's general feedback about the game, and the game balance, in 7.2. I don't see a more appropriate place to put this, so please let me know if it should go somewhere else. These comments all relate to Akua system, default scenario, seed 42, coop mode, standard playfields. Character, as of this writing, is level 11.

1) The lack of resources in 7.x is frustrating. Neodymium is too difficult to get, and required for too many things, given its scarcity. Either neo needs to be more available, or blueprints need to rely on it less. Other resources (sathium, erestrum, zascosium, cobalt), while difficult to get, can be found in enough quantities to get out of the system, or to the moon (cobalt). I think cobalt is too scarce in the early game, resulting in too much grinding (literally) of stones. I think some rebalancing, at least of cobalt and neo, is needed.

2) Hand-held weapons do laughably little damage to structures, even rocket launchers! They have been over-nerfed. They were much better in v5. We took out the fortress on Akua. 42 rockets from a hand-held rocket launcher barely dented one block. a few rockets from a small SV blew a hole right through. There is way too much disparity in power!

3) Edit: I figured out that steel planters require an advanced constructor now. t would be nice if the advanced constructor had something that said "Unlocks: Item1, Item2, ..., ItemN. " That would prevent this type of scenario. Original text: This may be a bug, but given everything else I am seeing, I am inclined to think it isn't. I need to be able to create steel planters, for a CV. I cannot. I can create cement and wood planters. I cannot see anything in the tech tree to indicate what I might need to research to be able to produce steel planters. Is this a level 12 unlock? Whatever it is, there is no indication anywhere on how to get steel planters. There are several items of this nature, where you research something else, and the item pops in. There should be some indicator that "researching this unlocks these." For instance, guns unlock ammo, T2 drills unlock drill packs, etc. There are better examples, but I can't remember them right now. If steel planters are supposed to be available from level 1, out of the escape pod, then they aren't, and this is a bug.

4) The upgraded graphics are nice. However, we are noticing a lot more tearing and visual "glitches" while playing.

5) This game has taken over my (limited) gaming time! I have 266+ hours on Empyrion. The next closest game, Skyrim, has only about 80 hours. :)

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  10. GlassDeviant

GlassDeviant Commander

So...7.x

Done the tutorial, thoroughly unimpressed at how incapable the game engine is of tracking events, no better than it was way back in...I forget what version it was when the first tutorial showed up. The tutorial is *still* incapable of telling when something it wants you to do has already been done.

Done the Dawn of Galaxy scenario, once again unimpressed. The entire scenario is on rails. You cannot do one thing out of order without something getting totally screwed up.

Started a new game...cannot drill straight down on flat terrain with the biofuel powered drill, in first or third person, at any angle or rotational position. Not even going to get into the new mining system which somehow manages to be even worse than the old, terrible mining system. And after making drills that go on a HV that can't stay straight up to actually do any mining, now they are on every fracking vehicle. </facepalm>

Every release something is completely replaced by...something even worse. First HVs, then mining, then the motorcycle, then personal weapons, now the whole tech tree and item requirements AND mining again. It would be nice to see something actually get better for once. About the only thing that has actually improved is the graphics. Yay bling </sarcasm>. Now I hear they can't figure out how to get rid of the polar borders without scrapping the whole voxel system (no clue whether this is real or rumour). With 830 hours played I am starting to think I've gotten my investment out of it and it's time to abandon E:GS as a lost cause. I used to encourage people to try the game but now I have dropped it from my list of games I recommend.

ldog likes this.
  11. KFCSpike

KFCSpike Lieutenant

In 7.2.x I've found that Neodymium can be gained by throwing Capacitor Devices into the BP factory:
    Down a couple of drones
    Add SV_Prefab_Tier1 to the BP Factory
    Throw the Capacitor Devices into the recipe and get get back 20 x Neodymium and 8 x Salthium for each of them.

Appreciate that this might be not actually be intended behaviour and possibly bug report worthy but for now I'm using it to help me progress and test this version ;)

Fisch050 likes this.