Alpha 7 - FAQ and Feedback: Weapon Rebalancing

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by EleonGameStudios, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Atola

Atola Commander

Pistols: I do wish the head shot damage multiplier was not completely hidden now ... that is where they used to shine and i have no idea if they still do.

And for the above post - Spiders have always had really small head hit box, and i think partially covered up.... You probably where not hitting it. Another thing i really would like (and surly would not be game breaking?) is for the game to TELL you when you have made a head shoot.

StyleBBQ likes this.
  2. StyleBBQ

StyleBBQ Captain

Good point on the spider hit box @Atola . Since I have to stop myself from shrieking in terror and running off wailing, well, yeah, my accuracy is likely suspect... :p

(why does there always have to be spiders?!? In every frickin game???)

<this isn't me, but I surely do relate! :D>
    upload_2017-11-18_2-1-48.jpeg

Aurex likes this.
  3. The Flying Dragon

The Flying Dragon Lieutenant

I have a huge issues with the splash damage model of esp the rockets. And the flimsy nature of the fuel tanks. The splash is way overpowered esp vs hard small blocks. I took a hit on the outside and barely showed a dent. Yet the splash traveled through 4 blocks and still ignited the fuel. I really use to have fun with SV way back. But its been nerfed so bad you have to use a CV with the ground turrets now for raiding. Why are there no countermeasures for sv and why do the sv blocks have to be so darn weak . And why cant the fuel cells have armor tanks instead and be less flimsy. I love the game but the SV short weapon range and vulnerabilities vs splash is so ridiculous I wonder why its necessary to have sv to crappy. Just think a person has to take on sv and dodge and fight a gazillian guns. You cant even get in decent range against all the odds. Its pretty much foobar the way it is with sv and hv. I wish you'd bring the fun back to sv/hv. Make the small hard blocks more resistant to splash or tone down the splash and fuel tank weakness. Also increase the weapon range of the sv/hv again and implement countermeasures. This aspect of the game is a turnoff for me actually. So I hope someone takes note of this because everyone I know and play with has a similar opinion. Been playing since pre alpha and I have been patient. But since the sv nerfing I think in the 5 series on onward with splash and weapon range. I have just not been happy with that balancing of it. More resilient ammo boxes and fuel tanks would go a long way.

Even shooting a cargo box with nothing in it can explode and hurt. Its just to much the splash and needs more thought.

I like the game after 4000 hours in it but still but this part of it I absolutely do not like and wish to see improvement.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
    iAdmiral, StyleBBQ and CatmanDoes like this.
  4. CatmanDoes

CatmanDoes Lieutenant

Yeah the splash damage seems to be able to navigate it's way through amour when it shouldn't. Yet seems fairly ineffective most of the time.

It's quite funny seeing the chain reaction of stuff blowing up...except when it's on your ship :p

I'm playing MP PvE, so I can't relate much to the PvP side. However so far my experience in attacking POIs and the like is that they are decked out in fairly useless turrets. Not sure how bullets are able to travel fast than light but those laser and plasma turrets are very easy to dodge and no POI/Station/Vessel has so far caused a sweat. Laser projectile speed needs to be a lot faster.

Talking of turrets, they need to be gimbled nicely so if you're manning a turret and your buddy is flying crazy maneuvers you're not constantly trying to counter his flying to stay on target.

Would be nice to have SVs with some sort of heavy missile/torpedo launcher, I'm thinking limited to 2 per ship, with non-stacking ammunition, dealing something like 1000 damage... However slow travel time and dumbfire only.

StyleBBQ likes this.
  5. crimsonedge885

crimsonedge885 Lieutenant

If the developers are looking to make this more complicated, why not just make an ammo loading station? Where you can craft different ammo for each weapon. Like suppose you favor using a sniper as a main weapon, you'd have the option of putting zascosium slugs into your bullets to get rounds that hit for more damage? Or maybe you can craft some explosive rounds that use erestrum gel? And add in some magnesium to give your bullets more velocity/range? Something similar for energy weapons, where you can create alternative energy packs; invest more resources into the ammo to get more damage/range, etc.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
    StyleBBQ likes this.
  6. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Different ammo types for ONE weapon are on the list, but this may take some time to add, still.

StyleBBQ likes this.
  7. StyleBBQ

StyleBBQ Captain

Really good to hear this!

One 'type' that could really up the shotguns usefullness would be a mid-game load for it that could chew away at armor blocks. Take that with a grain of sand though, I don't do much POI raiding ;).

8. crimsonedge885

crimsonedge885 Lieutenant

None of the hand weapons really do much to armored blocks. Even 6 gatling guns on an HV rips through armor blocks way better than anything you can carry on foot. Explosive charges don't do enough damage to armor blocks. I don't see why 4 explosive charges shouldn't be able to blast out 1 block of combat steel. Give me a reason for hitting a POI on foot besides 'muh challenge'.

Because as things currently stand, I'm burning through considerably more resources to 'go in on foot'. Especially if you consider med packs (large ones are expensive), and the cost of ammo. And then you potentially got durability to deal with on top of that, for both weapons and armor. Being able to create pathing with explosive charges in POIs would make 'going in on foot' way more viable. The only time I ever exit a vehicle in the POI raiding process is to loot containers, and that's after all threats have been eliminated. Because burning through large med kits, because the AI are aimbots that never miss just isn't interesting for me.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017