Alpha 8.5 - Feedback: Story Mission: TOTALLY OVERPOWERED

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Hummel-o-War, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    New Story Missions INFO:
    - Mission does not activate itself! Please go to PDA (F1) and activate manually
    - The Mission requires you to start on the TEMPERATE Planet. IF you are already in space or at another playfield, please return to the TEMPERATE STARTER planet and start from there (will be refined)
    - The Mission is laid out for Singleplayer (not available yet for COOP/MP; will be added)
    - The Mission does not require the Chapter 1 to be played (Robinson Protocol)
    - The Mission does not require a certain player level, BUT might require advanced tech to survive the plot (Player Level requirement will be changed in the future.)
    - Currently only available in ENGLISH

Note: Mission will NOT work if you resume a pre-8.5 Savegame as your savegame will not be updated with the new playfields and POIs needed.

Mission issue: The SV you can find on the lava planet is sometimes missing varon root. Should be fixed in 8.6 but for now please give varon root to yourself via creative menu ( type 'im' to console and open with button H )

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  2. Dragazhar

Dragazhar Lieutenant

I am liking this quest so far. I have made it to the 'lava' planet and currently looking for a shuttle which is where I am currently stuck. There is no waypoint to follow so I am flying around the area looking for any signs. If this is intentional then not a problem, I can keep on searching :) Will return with more feedback!.

Fractalite likes this.
  3. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

The shuttle should be located in the lava lake where the facility is located. Did you manage to find it?

4. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    The shuttle should not be far away.. 400-500m from the base at max..

5. GasBandit

GasBandit Commander

I found the shuttle, and it said "it looks like somebody survived, for a while" and the objective tells me to recover the varon roots, but I cannot find them nor any sign of survival in the form of wreckage/shelter/npcs etc... I went into godmode and checked the shuttle's cargo bays and fridges (because it was immersed in the lava), but there were no roots in them... it might be helpful to be told specifically what I'm looking for?

6. Dragazhar

Dragazhar Lieutenant

No I have not found it but your information will help me tremendously.. I have found many POIs in the area and drones which I slew and I went a ways out.. I will get back to the search. thank you.

7. Dragazhar

Dragazhar Lieutenant

I found the shuttle thanks to the input and I am where GasBandit is now. I do not see any markers so checking around the area for possible clues. I also gm'd into the shuttle searching since even with my new armor .. I take damage in the lava :)

8. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    One of the containers on top of the shuttle should have the roots (at least I put it in 2 of them)

9. Dragazhar

Dragazhar Lieutenant

One quick question then, Is this shuttle damagable by player vehicles? I drove my tank to it and had to back off quick because the turrets started firing at it.. turned them off totally then went to search the shuttle. It was visibly damaged and I cannot tell the color of the core inside if its purple or red to see if it was damageable by my HV.

10. Grandirus

Grandirus Commander

Well, I started it in space, then I go to the moon and when I exited the moon the mission started. I found the destroyed small vessel and the mission continued normally.

11. icehot

icehot Commander

Yeah I'm stuck at the same point, can't find the varon root, tbh finding the ship took long enough, I eventually used the map command, got to it, and no varon root to be found.

12. icehot

icehot Commander

On top of that, I used the item menu to add the varon root to my inventory and manually completed that log entry after which it said: "defend the ship"... Ok cool, I hop back in my SV ready to fight, and nothing?? Sat there for 10 minutes, nothing showed up?

13. GasBandit

GasBandit Commander

There definitely were no containers on top of the shuttle. There were some inside, under the lava, but none of them had varon root in them.

14. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Can you please send me a screenshot?

15. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    /update

Just noticed the Prefab has been resettet for some reason, so there is not Varon Root indeed. Please gift it to yourself via creative menu. Sry for the inconveniences :(

16. icehot

icehot Commander

Other than the varon root bug, I really enjoyed this mission, I hope it's planning to stay in the game and not just for the anniversary, it was really fun to play.

Fractalite likes this.
  17. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

What did you think of the soldiers that spawned?

18. icehot

icehot Commander

The ones on the brewery base? They were cool, I had that top level armor on obviously, and I just bolted straight for my SV, and took them all down with my gattling guns. Great fun. :)

Fractalite likes this.
  19. spm

spm Ensign

Still working my way thru the quest. Have hit one buglet. Died from lava fire - under the lava/swimming (twice...). Re-spawn at Brewery. Still able to "swim" thru the air. Kinda like godmode. Had to exit the game entirely to reset that. Died again. Same issue.
    Exited again; this time I pulse-rifle shot thru the hull of the ship to take out the Core, was then able to place my own Core and thus examine all crates - as noted elsewhere, no roots.

20. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    I am afraid this cannot be fixed. There has been a misplacement of the model i used.

If you want to fix it, you can give the varon root to you via creative menu (console > type in "im")

Alle NEW 8.6 games should now use the correct version. Sorry for the Inconveniences.

spm likes this.