Alpha 8 - Repair to Template

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Hummel-o-War, Jun 12, 2018.

1. David Klein

David Klein Ensign

Folks; after a major skirmish (HV), I return'd to my base and set up on the repair bay (T2). Once inside and at the Repair Console I get the message <Incorrect Lock Code>. Any suggestions (short of dismantling the ship and starting over)??

2. jimsterman82

jimsterman82 Ensign

How do you edit a ship after you save the template? I hit save template and now I can't remove/edit blocks.

3. agal59

agal59 Lieutenant

I hope that eventually we'll be able to repair a BA. I find it so annoying sitting at 99% and can't find that last little piece of damage. Arrrggg!

4. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

And on a big base, that last 1% could represent quite a bit of damage, too :-/.

5. DerAralAal

DerAralAal Lieutenant

I just discovered that the repair bay is also locked to the limit if enabled.
    This is actually a significant problem to me, since i try to establish a custom balance based on an economy around vessels (over limit) for a server project.
    I want to limit down construction options to make it possible to add vessels with certain purposes, but with the limit on the rep bay they can't be repaired.
    This seems a bit unessecary since the block limit already prevents players from mounting anything that exceeds this limit.

After thousands of hours of work this would be a real bummer, so pls pls pls remove that rep bay limit.
    The way the weapons are limited cut down such a great expierience for me, but i know this is maybe just my opinion, so i just wish a way for me to work around it.

I would love to convert so many science fiction visions into scenarios, but most of that wouldn't work in an acceptable way without such a custom balance that is protected by limitations. I really hope this gets more complex or customizable in the future, but for now i would be more than happy to realize it somehow.

6. DerAralAal

DerAralAal Lieutenant

Guess you guys are still on holidays...
    Gonna take a break. No shame after more than 4000 hours i suppose.

However, would be happy to find out if my concept is doomed or not.
    Had a great time with far more than 100km ships and other structures, so i think i would't even be sad if the awnser is no or i would have to wait till release.

Uh, and happy new year

7. Floridaskye

Floridaskye Ensign

Such a great and much needed feature.

8. DerAralAal

DerAralAal Lieutenant

Nevermind... i found a way....

9. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Captain

Main issue with repair is that the vessel have to be off. The result is that stuff in fridges decay, plants in grow plots on CV can die. Can not repair if small vessels are docked to a CV. HV's you can not unload to a Base in space.

So the whole repair system should be improved. For plants/parish then either the repair zone creates a time freeze, or possible to have the vessel on, but no moving and crafting devices on. HV's can move on CV's and Bases (in space) if gravity is on, since have a "ground". Or that docked small vessels when off have no impact on repair.

Last edited: May 2, 2019
    geostar1024 likes this.
  10. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

The only things needed for repairing should be weapons powered down, and halting of the repair process for a certain amount of time if the ship being repaired takes damage. This would fix nearly every issue with the repair system.

Atola, ravien_ff, SacredGlade and 2 others like this.