CV Ascalon: Eclipse VII (Multi Purpose)

Discussion in 'Stock Blueprints (Repository)' started by Hummel-o-War, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Ascalon_-_Eclipse_VII.jpg

*No designer notes or reviews have been added. Be the first to writen one!*

SLI_Fallen, DASHEDM and Frigidman like this.
  2. DASHEDM

DASHEDM Lieutenant

Great ship, it's everywhere on servers, lol.

3. SLI_Fallen

SLI_Fallen Lieutenant

Personally, I LOVE the multi-role ships. This totally looks like the big brother to the fantastic HV "Nomad". I play SP and these multi-roles are my "go-to" ships. Personally, I believe that is a true test of ship design. Yes, it's "jack of all trades, master of none" but when your playing SP you really want to limit the raw resource grinding, especially early game, so you can focus on getting established. The HV Nomad is ideal for this. (I only made some modification to increase the cargo storage, but stay in the 5K CPU) This CV ship looks to fill the same need for a space vessel.

IMO, we need more multi role ships in the various classes, like this above! THANKS!!

4. Indigored

Indigored Ensign

I just built this ship as my first CV. Room wise there's plenty, but thought I'd give a heads up on how this ship is lacking and what you'll need to make it "seaworthy".
    The first thing I noticed was a huge amount of storage for ammo, around 132k. Yet the ship has no weapons. Cargo storage on the other hand is really lacking. Around 20k maybe? And that's in scattered containers around the ship. There's a couple of empty spaces outside the garden area to fix that no problem with a Container Controller and a few extensions.
    There is no Shield Generator and adding one quickly told me how under powered the ship is. Had to add a T2 CPU and a T1 generator for that.
    It comes with a small and regular constructor, no advanced.
    No wireless controller.
    All thrusters are small. You're not going anywhere quickly.
    It comes with 8 small T1 fuel tanks. I added 2x T2 tanks.
    The worst for last, there is no warp drive. Nor a Pentaxid tank.

Overall, the design is ok. But in my opinion this is not a complete blueprint. At the very minimum, it should be able to get you to the next star system!

5. japp_02

japp_02 Commander

Nice ship, but in 1.4 it needs a total rewamp to stand any heat in space. What were you thinking about making unarmored windows in front and a forward access ramp where no vehicle can get inside without some magical push? I can only guess that in previous game versions HVs had to be minuscule and equiped with some powerful vertically acting hower engines that are not in the game any longer.
    Anyway congrats for the nicely created internals and a nice design overall. Beautiful - but totally unfunctional without serious changes. To begin with, I would highly appreciate the same ship but with armored steel instead (which doesn't make it T1, but who cares...) What's the sense of sending players fast into space with a T1 made of paper if you won't stay there for very long :(

And then for goodness sake, exactly invert the placement of appartement rooms with glasss and the forward ramp also making it a tick wider...

Greetings,

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021