Bad sync again - data loss

Discussion in 'Archive (Read Only)' started by bbk.3164, Oct 8, 2021.

1. bbk.3164

bbk.3164 Commander

Build: 1.6.2 3511
    Mode: multiplayer
    Mode: Reforged Eden

SERVER NAME: NewAge, Reforged Eden 1.5 PvP&PvE Русский сервер!
    SEED-ID: --

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: --

Reproducibility: sometimes, often
    Severity: sometimes critical - a backpack with things is lost (disappears) / the appearance of a character not in a ship's chair

Type:

Summary: Bad sync again - data loss. The appearance of the character in different places

Description:
    Let's reconstruct the course of events to fully understand the problem:
    1) yesterday my clanmate and I were returning to the base in the SV. I was in the passenger seat. During the flight, I disconnected from the server and went to sleep.
    2) the next day I entered the game, and I was sure that my character STAYED IN THE SV-CHAIR, and my partner flew to the base. But - when connecting to the server - my character APPEARED NOT IN THE SV CHAIR, BUT 2.5 km FROM THE BASE (!)
    3) I walked to the base ...
    4) RAPTORS attacked me in near of the base, killed the character (!)
    5) I chose the option "appear in the nearest place" ... but my character APPEARED IN THE CHAIR OF SV on the base (!!!)
    6) I went back to about the place where my character died, BUT THE BACKPACK was missing (!!!!!)
    I searched around the place of death many times, but there was NO backpack either on the ground or on the map (!)

-------------
    Another bug that is STRONGLY SIMILAR to this bug:

On the night of October 8 after 00:00 - I was building a base (on the server -> on the starting planet) - AND SEVERAL TIMES THERE WERE PROBLEMS WITH THE INTERNET -> I WAS DISCONNECTED FROM THE SERVER (!)

During this period, my character was connected via the logistics network to the base container, and there were several solar panels on the belt-panel (orange - means connection to the container via the logistics network), several lamps for plants ...
    After an emergency disconnection from the server (due to a failure in the Internet) - I reconnected to the server, and found that:
    - after the 1st emergency disconnection from the server - the solar panels moved to the PERSONAL INVENTORY OF THE CHARACTER (but the logistics network remained connected), BUT THE "PLANT LAMP" GONE (!!!)
    ... I moved the solar panels to the orange pole again to continue building the base ...
    - after the 2nd emergency shutdown - from the orange belt-panel the SOLAR PANELS DISAPPEARED (!)
    Also, solar panels and lamps for plants were NOT in the container, which was at that moment connected to the character via the logistics network (!)

-------------

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) --
    2) --
    3) --

Attached Logs (!)
    in attached log files - 3 files
    I do not remember at what time the incident occurred, so I attach log files for a certain range of time (!)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
  2. This part is intentional.
    You only stay in the seat when you log back in only IF the vessel didn't move at all.
    If the vessel moves while you are offline then you are at your last coordinates when you logged out.

If you had waited until it was stationary, and then you logged out, and it didn't move while you were offline, only then will you still be in the seat when you log back in.
    If any of those isn't true you will be floating (or falling if in gravity) when you log back in.

Unfortunately that is all intentional. The devs still haven't given us a way to stay with the ship if multiple people use it (which makes MP factions kind of pointless).

Germanicus likes this.