Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blooddragon606

blooddragon606 Captain

I hit enter one time too many, here is the rest of Omicron Hangar B.

Greenhouse, basement entrance, fuel tanks (basement), oxygen tanks (basement), exterior night, and blueprint (zip)

Texmaster and Lealu like this.
  2. Texmaster

Texmaster Ensign

Battlestar Galactica. About 1200 blocks interior and exterior

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sky Pilot, Arturius1967 and Lealu like this.
  3. blooddragon606

blooddragon606 Captain

Here is a small Nav Beacon. For some reason, when I paste this blueprint and create another, the little red warning light on top disappears. More important is what I am trying to DO with these. See map screenshot.

Navigational data from Omicron: Diameter=2608. From Barrier to barrier (north to south) is 2700M at an altitude of 100-200m, or two radians. The North and South barrier sit at 58 degrees Latitude N and S, respectively.

What is bizarre is this: Omicron has a circumference of 2608*pi, or 8192 meters. At 58N, one would expect a circumference (flying along the barrier) of cos(1 radian)*8192=4426 meters. However, the game indicates that I have placed 8 beacons along the north barrier, each 1000 meters apart (+/- 50m), meaning that the circumference at the north barrier is the same as the circumference at the equator.

HOWEVER: traveling these 2 paths, the equator and the barrier by flying 40m/s just above the peaks takes two different amounts of time: at the equator, travel time is 2:50 (170 seconds). At 40m/s, this correlates to 6800m. Omicron is turning under me and since I am traveling east, rotation shortens the trip by roughly 1000 meters. I have thus arguably over 7800 meters of planet surface. I do the same thing at the north barrier, and I encircle the globe in 2:40 (160 seconds), much more than the expected half the time. The planet is a cylinder at this stage of development.

Yolofessional likes this.
  4. Texmaster

Texmaster Ensign

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lealu likes this.
  5. Lealu

Lealu Captain

Nice work

Wonder what it would look like with rounded corners instead of square ones? Might have to play with that myself. :)

Texmaster likes this.
  6. Texmaster

Texmaster Ensign

Thanks! I'd love to see someone improve on it. :)

7. Rannoc McMaulin

Rannoc McMaulin Commander

8. Lealu

Lealu Captain

Nice job, looks good too

Texmaster likes this.
  9. Kaloriaa

Kaloriaa Commander

Well this I bring you is just for creative mode purposes to play around with and have alittle fun or to test for yourself so this is not meant for survival mode. It is a gunnery range for hand held weapons testing and practice. I didn't build it for looks but for function. The lower part is the range up to really close to 200.0M starting close to the yellow line by the core and the upper level is block durability testing which has 5 targets to shoot each target going to the left adding another layer of hull block in thickness. The blocks on the right is to test other block types against hand held weapons.

Again this is a crude weapons testing base for creative not meant for survival and again not made for looks your going to destroy blocks with weapons fire it doesn't make since for it to look pretty. Has a lot of lights on the range so you can see your target point so it eats up some fuel.

If you want to do some shooting for ether fun or test you can use this.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
    Lealu likes this.
  10. yhossarian

yhossarian Lieutenant

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  11. 大Dong

大Dong Lieutenant

12. RichieRich

RichieRich Ensign

My first base and my first post.

I had lots of fun experimenting with the different types of blocks.

This base has numerous places to explore. I recommend you view it in both the day and the night so you can enjoy the lighting effects I created. The screen shots show some of the areas to explore but their are more areas to discover...I don't want to ruin your fun exploring them. I recommend you place this base on water so you can enjoy the water tunnels.
    May you have fun exploring it just as i had fun creating it.

BTW an awesome game Eleon!

View attachment 2329 View attachment 2330 View attachment 2331 View attachment 2332 View attachment 2333 View attachment 2334 View attachment 2335 View attachment 2336 View attachment 2337

13. [OTG] NetBlaise

[OTG] NetBlaise Ensign

My Modern Home... First off I'll like to give a Shout out to the Empyrion community creators. You guys make some outstanding Base/HV/SV/CV's... I've used a few of the things you guys have made.....

Heres my base well home.. It took me about two weeks to make it. I got half through building it and then wanted to delete it because I got tired of the Symmetric tool, not having the decoration (Palm Tree) that I wanted, and because I was lazy.... I finally completed it and started doing the final touches... I added way to many lights on this Base... Well any way I hope you guys like it..

**Devs we need more decorations block. Mainly out door plants like Palm trees :) ... We need more blocks with different textures and also with blocks that have the same color on all sides... **

14. Arturius1967

Arturius1967 Captain

15. Dead8Eye

Dead8Eye Captain

hi :) this base is nice BUT it comes other POIs so i know ;):eek:

16. Kaloriaa

Kaloriaa Commander

I was going to scrap the blueprint and start over on it but wanted to salvage it somehow but still it doesn't look the way I really wanted but I may still at one point redo it looks too cubey using too many cube blocks on this model. And not using any kind of interior blocks and deco blocks to make it look more homey. This was basically a prototype model.

17. Lealu

Lealu Captain

And now for something completely (almost) different.

In survive mode I wanted to figure out the fastest easiest base I could get setup. Instead of making my own I decided to just takeover one of the V3 towers, it already has a large generator, fuel tanks, and storage pods. And if they ever get them working I'll have 8 defensive turrets and 3 security sentries to defend the place.
    WhiteTowerFront.png
    I painted it white (well all the spots I could reach) so it was easier to see and make sure I didn't try and land at the wrong tower and get shot down (would be a very bad ending for a trip out). I also made a SV starter block and just dropped it on the side so I could identify MY tower on the map (renaming doesn't show on the map).

WhiteTowerBack.png

Here is the back side with my newly installed growing area. To the left is my outside garden. When I have time I'll add all the windows to make it a proper green house but for now it's working.

FridgGuard.png
    I had to do a bit of remodeling inside too. I left the sentry gun guarding the fridge, I thought it was a waste until I remembered my little sister when we were growing up. An armed guard that never sleeps guarding the fridge it not such a bad idea.

Total damage to the original tower, 2 blocks to get under it and replace the core and the 6 back windows to give access to my green house area. Not counting the interior remolding as that was optional.

Growing.png

All in all I'm happy with my progress and how fast it could be done.

Have fun and hope you like my make over.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  18. Dead8Eye

Dead8Eye Captain

19. Arturius1967

Arturius1967 Captain

Nice one.
    How did you get inside without beeing killed by the guns ?
    Btw. are the Ion Cannons working now for you ?

20. Dead8Eye

Dead8Eye Captain

hi :) no it is only for the alien race

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.