Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monktk

monktk Captain

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
  2. Kahrek

Kahrek Captain

I wanted to design a simple and flexible base for 0.7, something that was attainable early and uses no cobalt. The survival habitat is my first serious effort. Cement base and iron walls it requires modest materials to build and absolutely nothing you cannot make with the survival constructor.

580 Stone Dust
    882 Iron Ingots
    205 Silicon Ingots
    106 Copper Ingots

I tried to make it look like "Not a brick" without wasting space or using more resources just for the looks.

1178870538_preview_Front.jpg 1178870538_preview_Top.jpg 1178870538_preview_Side.jpg 1178870538_preview_Back.jpg 1178870538_preview_Front Area.jpg 1178870538_preview_Fuel & Air.jpg 1178870538_preview_Main Area 2.jpg 1178870538_preview_Main Room.jpg 1178870538_preview_Stats 2.jpg
    Shameless workshop link for those interested.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1178870538

3. Michelle of ze Resistance

Michelle of ze Resistance Ensign

I am prepping to run a game of the dice and paper rpg The Morrow Project, which involves a team of characters frozen before ww3 to emerge after the war to help rebuild civilsation.
    The teams are buried in underground bolt holes, with enough supplies, ammo, weapons etc to give them a good start. I decided to build a few mock up ups of bolt holes using Empyrion just for fun.
    This one is built above ground just so i could take overhead shots of it.
    The Empyrion engine is nice to build with but the one object per blockspace is a pain and it is often a struggle to make things look just right. I am always impressed with what people do achieve with it.

[​IMG]

more images here:
    https://imgur.com/a/huDLS

monktk, rucky and Myrmidon like this.
  4. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

TIPP: this is a good place to show Work-in-Progress-Stuff and talk about it and get Feedback from other Designers:
    https://empyriononline.com/threads/what-did-you-do-in-empyrion-today.2826/

Mia and monktk like this.
  5. Michelle of ze Resistance

Michelle of ze Resistance Ensign

APologies, please fele free to move the post to where it should be :)

6. SirKnumskull

SirKnumskull Captain

I just finished Trinity Base today, my first large base design that I didn't just build piece by piece in survival but actually designed in creative mode:

thumbnail.jpg

Tried my hand at a three winged design, I think it turned out quite well. The new textures definetely helped bring the interiors to life and made it easier to get the inside up to par with the outside.

hangar_wing.jpg

engineering_wing.jpg

There are alot more pictures on the Workshop, my connection is crapping out so unfortunately I can't upload large pics right now.

I also made a small base for starting out in survival ealier that I dubbed the Starter Bunker and received one of the greatest compliments I got for my build so far from Kieve. Thanks, mate!

It is affordable, uses only basic materials and has everything you need early on with a little bit of wiggle room for upgrades. As above there are more pics on the workshop, only could get this small pic uploaded:

Starter Bunker.jpg

Let me know what you think! :)

7. Cute_Demon

Cute_Demon Commander

Base Avalon - a simple and cheap base, made for beginners or those who just started to play.

Has everything you need for a sure start:
    -Oxygen
    -Fermu
    -Warehouse and constructor
    -Two parking spaces for your ships and hovers
    -Oxygen station, cloning chamber and armor cabinet
    -Turrell to protect your person
    -A little decor for a comfortable stay
    -Comfortable lighting that does not harm your eyes

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1193745073
    [​IMG]

8. Kahrek

Kahrek Captain

Dark and gritty, I like it :)

9. Max Archer

Max Archer Commander

[​IMG]

Fans of modern architecture might recognize this as an adaptation of Le Corbusier's Unite d'Habitation. Like the real thing, it has a unique multi-level overlapping plan for each apartment, a floor of restaurants and shops, and a large rooftop with an observation deck. Unlike the real thing, it's much smaller and is simplified to work with Empyrion's system. Still, I think I captured the feel decently well. The pictures below show the layout of two apartments out of the twelve in the building - note that while they all have the same dimensions, they each have different internal layouts, for example some have multiple bedrooms and one is even being used as an office space instead of an apartment.

[​IMG]

It's not the most practical base in the world - it's expensive and most of the space is devoted to aesthetics and not practical function - but it might make a good POI or admin structure, and it could be converted into a base if somebody really wanted. Most of the upper floors are left empty so the player can decide what to put in them. (And, to be honest, because I ran out of ideas and energy!)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1194202794

10. Warped Realities

Warped Realities Ensign

20171109142114_1.jpg
    So, after visiting the rados missile silo I decided to try and build my own alien dungeon base POI. This is the result.

The weapons factory.

Room list:
    Cargo conveyer top, control room, dining area, barracks, 'facilities', medical, lab, power chamber, central factory room, factory control room (with lever that destroys the core with a somewhat excessive amount of kaboom)

This is my first attempt at building one of these things. So I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong with it. But maybe by putting it here it'll get the critique/appreciation it deserves.

edit: added gate, improved some minor things I missed the first time. also added another layer to the bottom

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  11. Kahrek

Kahrek Captain

Looks nice. I will give it a try tonight. I do have one question. Is there some sort of ground access, a door or small entryway into the structure area?

12. Warped Realities

Warped Realities Ensign

It's meant to be mostly submerged in the ground like most bases are and you access by landing inside the outer wall somewhere then going in through that big archway under the windows. There's currently no gap in the outer wall but I wasn't sure if that was a necessary feature as it seems some pois dont have those.

I can probably install one easily enough though.

edit: I've now done so.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  13. Kahrek

Kahrek Captain

I am sorry If I sounded like I was complaining. I was not laying blame for not having one. I was mostly curious as to if there was one. I overthink things and was wondering how someone landing nearby would "walk" into the plant is all.

I will run the dungeon tonight, looking forward to it.

* Edit *

Had some issues spawning it but once I did it was a fun dungeon to run.

Good design
    Average difficulty
    Run time about 15 minutes if you know what you are doing.
    Would run thru it again :)

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  14. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Captain

BA_Prefab_Tier1_Alt4

"Starting in luxury, with a large growing area, indoor pool & a vehicle bay"

==> Alpha 7.3 Resource List <==
    Stone Dust: 420
    Silicon Ingot: 169
    Iron Ingot: 130
    Wood Planks: 97
    Copper Ingot: 64

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Features:
    • (Mostly) Concrete exterior
    • Wood floor
    • Airtight
    • Hidden Core & main blocks - The Core, Generator and Fuel Tank are hidden at the bottom of the pillars under the vehicle bay. This not only protects them, it should draw Drone fire away from the main part of the base.
    • Turret space - It comes with 1 Cannon Turret, but there is space for a 2nd.
    • Grow Light & room for 9 Growing Plots - It does not come with Growing Plots in order for it to be buildable without needing a Large Constructor. To avoid using a Multitool, there are no placeholder blocks.
    • Room for expansion - There is a small, empty room on the right (bedroom?) and another the left (bathroom). I did not include doors so as to save energy and materials. (TIP: If you need a Ventilator and insist on doors for these rooms, you could use glass/transparent doors as they are not Airtight. Otherwise, you'd need Ventilator access in each room.)
    • Floor space - I made the floor extra thick. And I've marked the floor with "C" as a good location for a second Constructor plus a Container. In most cases, you could get away with removing floor blocks for more space. Just don't go 3 blocks deep and avoid taking out the absolute front row or back row.
    • Only the bare essentials - If you use this on a world with a breathable atmo, then an Oxygen Tank, O2 Station or Ventilator are not essential. These have not be included to save energy and materials. Add them yourself after the blueprint is placed. Similarly, you'll have to add your own Armor Locker and Repair Station. I've reserved some 2-block height spaces for certain devices. I've marked "R" for Repair and "O" for O2. There's another 2 block height space above the Constructor. If you need more, you could Multitool the floor or place horizontally.
    • Minimalist - There are no exterior lights. (I'm relying on glow textures.) There is only 1 light in the main area, plus 1 light each in the right room and left room that's normally off. Out of the box, power draw is only 33 kW. With a full tank of fuel, this will last over 36 hours.
    • Indoor Pool - I got tired of back and forth trips to a lake or pond. Place this off the shore (see below) so water appears in the pool. Harvest water, hydrogen and oxygen in the comfort of your own home!
    TIP: Each Container adds 1 kW to energy usage. Instead of more Containers, place extra Food Processors. Each holds far more stuff and they don't require power unless you use them.

BTW: The added height should allow for uneven terrain. It'll work on hill sides. But the indoor "pool" is useful if you place it off the shore. The vehicle bay ramp is off to one side so that it can reach dry ground.

Workshop URL: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1203246191

Credits:
    The base itself is heavily inspired by Subquake's BA_Prefab_Tier1. I started expanding on and customizing it, but I got carried away. So, I took what I learned and built something new. The vehicle bay was inspired by the "Jenson's Hope" Base.

ion_storm, Siege Inc. and Kahrek like this.
  15. Cute_Demon

Cute_Demon Commander

16. Eliteace

Eliteace Captain

17. catalina

catalina Commander

merry Christmas everyone
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1223722258
    [​IMG]

18. Watcher330

Watcher330 Commander

19. AstroGamer1742

AstroGamer1742 Lieutenant

Just made a cheap and nice looking starter base for all the space explorers out there.
    Here is how it looks[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]Cost:-
    Iron - 422
    Silicon - 154
    Copper - 86
    Stone - 78

Links:-
    Download Blueprint file:-
    Click Here

Workshop Link:-