Black sheep mountain base (project)

Discussion in 'Media - Screenshots, Videos, Streams!' started by 2lame4name, Aug 11, 2015.

1. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Hi Zlame4name, Best2usmc,
    Awesome base you have there, be a pity if cant enter it.

If you are having corrupt save file problems, you can try start a new game on new map, save quit, go into the Empyrion folder where game saves are, and swap the files in the SHARED folder from your current build into the new maps SHARED folder, delete everything in the new maps shared folder first so its empty.

This will put all your structures onto a new map, and keep inventories, like in fridges etc.

If you have a building underground, unfortunately you will have to dig out your structure again.

MAKE A BACKUP OF THE SAVE BEFORE YOU DO ANY OF THIS.

You can also try deleting everything in the OMICRON folder on the new map you just started, the Omicron folder can be found in the PLAYFIELDS folder , then copy everything from the current game save where your base is, into that folder, that should give you the planet with the holes you have already dug.

REMEMBER BACK UP MAIN SAVE FILE FIRST.

If your not confident about it, upload the map I will see if I can get it working.

2. 2lame4name

2lame4name Lieutenant

Yeh the problem is, the whole base is underground, that is 70+hours of digging with 2 people.

Edit: lets say building the base was not the part that took the longest, digging it out, that is time consuming. alloooot of time XD

3. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Hi Zlame4name, Best2usmc,
    Awesome base you have there, be a pity if cant enter it.

If you are having corrupt save file problems, you can try start a new game on new map, save quit, go into the Empyrion folder where game saves are, and swap the files in the SHARED folder from your current build into the new maps SHARED folder, delete everything in the new maps shared folder first so its empty.

This will put all your structures onto a new map, and keep inventories, like in fridges etc.

If you have a building underground, unfortunately you will have to dig out your structure again.

MAKE A BACKUP OF THE SAVE BEFORE YOU DO ANY OF THIS.

You can also try deleting everything in the OMICRON folder on the new map you just started, the Omicron folder can be found in the PLAYFIELDS folder , then copy everything from the current game save where your base is, into that folder, that should give you the planet with the holes you have already dug.

REMEMBER BACK UP MAIN SAVE FILE FIRST.

If your not confident about it, upload the map I will see if I can get it working.

4. 2lame4name

2lame4name Lieutenant

once usmc is back ill ask if he can upload the map. (btw it is fully made in survival)

5. 2lame4name

2lame4name Lieutenant

We are currently taking a break of the game, before we get burned out, dont get me wrong, we are not done with this game, we are waiting for some updates so there might be some more to do.

6. 2lame4name

2lame4name Lieutenant

2lame4name and Best2USMC are back, So in 2015 empyrion was one of my favorite games, and one of the games i weekly checked up on for updates, becouse we have been wanting to play again for a long time.

We have been kindly invited back by the developers to give it a other try, and after logging on and playing for 10 minutes, we realy noticed a difference between now, and a couple of months ago, Everyting is alot smoother, and better optimized(a stable FPS at all times)
    And almost 0 triangles while mining (this is one of my personal favorite inprovements).

Black sheep mountain is dead, it was a great project and abit sad we could not finish it, but We are comming back Bigger and Better !
    We have already decided, made a rough scetch of our next project but we are not sure yet what to name it, i can already say it will be a capital ship/city, and it wil be big.

i will be making a new build log post soon, were we wil be uploading screenshots, USMC is already streaming again, and i wil possibly also be streaming from time to time while we build.

Edit: Project will be delayed, the game does not seem to be ready yet for capital ship the size of a city. but we wil return in the future.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016