Blocks and Devices wish list

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Siege Inc., May 27, 2017.

1. zytukin

zytukin Lieutenant

I see ladders is suggested, but how about ladders that extend like ramps?
    Then could make ladders that can be 'stowed' when not needed if in a small area such as in a small vessel, or even make it easier to access a vessel if it's hard to get a door/ramp low enough for entry.

2. H2ODestroyer

H2ODestroyer Ensign

Since there still seems to be no way of finding asteroids or POI in Space without aimlessly flying around and hoping to bump into something, how about a Drone-Launch-Tube (DLT) for CV ? Basically allowing you to launch an unarmed drone, which will fly around the area and mark asteroids and POI on your map. Maybe you could set a route for the drone on your map or it could just do what you do, fly around aimlessly and try to find something.

The Drone could be produced in the constructor and placed directly into the DLT or maybe even be stored like standart ammunition for your ship.

Could even have multiple Tiers like:
    • Tier 1 -- flying around and marking stuff on your map without telling you what it is
    • Tier 2 -- flying around and marking stuff on your map and telling you what category (ship, wreck, asteroid) it is
    • Tier 3 -- flying around and marking stuff on your map and telling you precisely what it is (Name)
    Could even add "Drone-Cores" which you have to "aquire" from the Zirax in order to build the drones. Why should the Zirax be the only faction who can use Drones? :p

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
    BigSnoopy likes this.
  3. Warmonk

Warmonk Ensign

The Pol trade station should broadcast its location. Also they should sell sector maps.

4. Minotaur

Minotaur Ensign

Bases should have launch pads connected to a ship controller similar to the way container controllers and extensions work. Could also reincorporate the factory into the ship controller so that ships are only spawnable from the launch pad. Endgame players could use the portable factory ships but only after building a downlink satellite in orbit around a planet.

5. Minotaur

Minotaur Ensign

Also it would be cool to have a salvagers core that you can place into POIs that sends out drones to auto salvage destroyed POIs with different tiers of efficiency. For example T1: 50% efficiency T2: 75% efficiency and ability to collect debris T3: 100% efficiency and ability to retrieve dropped containers

6. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Captain

Good with all the new blocks for A10, but still missing half and thin blocks that are centered, along with glass and doors and shutters and so on. Also edge blocks with a triangle shape (roof top, prism-ish), for the different thicknesses.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  7. Elder Days

Elder Days Ensign

I like really like the idea of buff devices to increase performance of specific systems. A couple of ideas came to me while playing.
    -Fire Control Network: Increases rate of fire and decreases load time on weapons.
    -Network Security Matrix: Increases the time required to hack a control block.
    -Enhanced Optics Module: Provides night vision, infrared and thermal vision modes for vehicle crews.
    -Targeting Computer: Gives players operating turrets a right click zoom in. Provides a slight accuracy increase to AI turrets.
    -Advanced Engineering Network: Provides a slight output bonus to generators.
    -Electronic Counter Measures: Provides a small chance of breaking target lock on guided missiles.
    -Adaptive Shielding Matrix: Increases shield hit points by a small percent.

In addition if/when NPC crew members are introduced assigning one to one of these device could increase the effectiveness.

Darion.Lunis, Warmonk and Siege Inc. like this.
  8. HurtfulPlayer97

HurtfulPlayer97 Commander

Stairs that fold up for HV/SV

Warmonk likes this.
  9. stacalkas

stacalkas Ensign

• "Grinder" to speed up breaking down the remaining raw materials, such as, stone, etc,.
    Thanks,

10. Jeffglobal

Jeffglobal Commander

I wish I had this window block:
    View attachment 61668

I'll move it out of the warehouse, if you guys would put it in the game...

There may be duplication with some threads, I'm working through seeing what is where, etc. Is this where I can put models of the equip or block texture fixes? I noticed the metal strut blocks have a color space texture error possible, and that's why the worn areas look white instead of metallic. (I know, I did that last week and was wondering, wtf happened, I figured it out.)

I'd like to make alternatives to the Deconstructor, cause there's been some "yuck" feedback on it. Also the small constructor is inconsistent with the large and advanced contructors, but it looks like the small constructor design is the wave of the future...

Do people have wants or wishes for redesigns or added design or modifications to any of the equipment in the game? Lots of people want to be able to choose the color of the lights on turrets, for example... I'm getting close to be able to do mock ups of them is a reasonably short period of time.

Pear78 and jmtc like this.
  11. HurtfulPlayer97

HurtfulPlayer97 Commander

I wish that the Advanced Constructor looked different than the Normal one so I can tell them apart by just looking. Doesn't need to be a huge difference.

12. Jeffglobal

Jeffglobal Commander

Yo! Given that on the EGS discord server today some one brought up that the "old" style (new style is like the small constructor) has normal bake issues (along with edge flow and phong/texture issues), I was gonna make a mock up of the two in the "new" style...so the CGI guy gets ideas, or not...it's just an offer for concept design...making doors today though...like star trek, star wars, gattaca and something else...

I have a block shape connection study on a BA. If anyone else wants to modify it or add to it and show me, I'm all ears (I can't see). It's trying to place the blocks in groups where each face connects to a series of other blocks. When I figure out how some people put blocks in mid air, I want to create a hypercube of blocks of shapes...kinda like what people do building big ships, but just all the different shape groups possible...and expose the missing links of blocks to finish various collections...

Attached Files:

13. Jeffglobal

Jeffglobal Commander

Well, I figured out how to take the textures from the game and stick it on my mock ups. Here's a door inspired by Star Wahs, the before it was Disney edition:
    DoorSWsm.png

Attached Files:

14. xURIx

xURIx Ensign

For earlier, I apologize for my bad english. But I would like not only more blocks, for which I already thank you so much. But more alternative energy sources. Or edit existing ones. Because at the moment with all modules of solar cells, they are generally not relevant.

15. Jeffglobal

Jeffglobal Commander

Lifting Pizzas, a Youtuber, seconds your request, but specifically to making pentaxid more reasonable to gather...especially given the shields now...

He has a lot of useful constructive criticisms, but I don't think he gives the feedback to Eleon. I usually watch him while I'm doing aerobics or trying to fall asleep, so I'm not gonna take notes...but he's that good with finding interesting things to make the game stronger and the player experience better...in most cases... I started to watch him because he sometimes plays the game "angry" and it's funny af to watch...

16. xURIx

xURIx Ensign

Again, I apologize for my poor English. But pentaxid for shields? I speak from Alternative energy sources for the base, the floating ship, the small ship and the big ship. There is currently no alternative to promethium. Solar panels are not relevant and there are too few of them.

17. Jeffglobal

Jeffglobal Commander

Solar panels for everything! Though what would they be called everywhere other than our solar system?

Warmonk likes this.
  18. freellancer

freellancer Ensign

If possible, make an option, without a sealed field, interferes.
    Если возможно, сделайте вариант, без герметичного поля, мешается.

Attached Files:

Jeffglobal likes this.
  19. cpontin

cpontin Commander

Block Upgrader Equipment.

I’d like something like the repair bay/console that upgrades blocked in a vehicle/structure.

I often spawn a basic model vehicle and upgrade it as I loot materials. Manually upgrading each block is ok for early game but there should be a mid game improvement / automation option.

jesterjunk likes this.
  20. altairdark

altairdark Ensign

Basic deconstructor with slower speed and return factor of 0.5 or lower.
    Up to 4 basic raw materials (iron, cooper, silicon, promethium) so that you can easily obtain promethium pellets for multitool.