Blocks and Devices wish list

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Siege Inc., May 27, 2017.

1. tony hug

tony hug Commander

It would also be great to strategically dis-orientate the player at critical moments....

2. tony hug

tony hug Commander

This is especially important in Alpha 12 --- Reams of slow text!
    Aside from getting attacked i tend to run out of oxygen before i can see the entire dialog even on the early dialog!!

cmguardia likes this.
  3. cmguardia

cmguardia Captain

Or extreme cold !!!
    O frio extremo!

4. tony hug

tony hug Commander

hows about

1.) A Vessel Lift Block - Sized to the Hanger door size

ie Your ships are lifted to the door level - then you can fly off

Means that you can avoid 'getting stuck' issues when trying to lift off in your sv
    from within na base or ship...

This is for ships/bases with hanger doors on the top.

2.) This goes along with an Underside 'parking camera' view

5. BrokenFang

BrokenFang Lieutenant

Camera View Blocks/ Items pls add this

jesterjunk and tony hug like this.
  6. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Another window block request.

20200706132626_1.jpg

I also had a thought, extendable docking tube?
    [​IMG]

7. ion_storm

ion_storm Captain

We can make it, just give us additional shutter doors without forcefields...

Pear78 and Robot Shark like this.
  8. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

I was thinking about that, but I also wanted the option to "dock" with the end of the walkway.
    Sort of like an extendable walkway for space stations.

ion_storm likes this.
  9. tony hug

tony hug Commander

You might need the 'docking camera' concept to go with that
    as it strikes me as quite difficult to accurately move your ship to the correst position otherwise.

you could put docking pads at your ship end but if they mis-align they still 'dock' and its a pain to undock and start again
    so you would probably want a feature to get everything into alignment if you want serious useability
    (space station still uses a manual arm doesn't it, unless elom got auto working on his last flight - can't remember)

10. Pear78

Pear78 Captain

I would like to see doors with built in LCD screens.. / label options / maybe some different textures for doors with different looks and labels?

wanted end result: easy way to label doors, and not make it look stupid when they open (an LCD inv. linked to a door opening doesnt look very smooth ;) )

11. ion_storm

ion_storm Captain

How about 1x1x1 docking pads?

Robot Shark likes this.
  12. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

That would be nice.
    Docking pads for CV's would be nice too.

ion_storm likes this.
  13. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

It has occurred to me that we have some "damaged blocks" but we don't have the same for devices : they simply "disappear" after they explode...

I think it would be a nice addition to have damaged versions of devices that could stay after they are "damaged" and only disappear if more damage is applied (like the actual damaged blocks do). Or they could be simply deco objects...

The main reason for this : these "damaged devices" could be used as deco in ruins or derelict vessels, first as hints for players as to what is missing to get a structure in working order, and second as a way to retrieve relevant materials to make a similar device (not all the materials) instead of giving a whole, intact device to players stumbling upon a derelict vessel, for example.

I always find it a bit odd to come across an abandoned base and find either perfect, intact devices while the shack has missing blocks and broken remnants of blocks.

Since all models already exist for devices, it should not be a great deal to make "damaged" versions of these, and it could add a nice touch to defunct ships and bases or shacks, while at the same time providing some required materials to rebuild it, opposed to giving whole devices too easily... This could alleviate the problem of players being able to get all materials too quickly on the starter planet or upon finding a fallen ship carcass.

-------------------------------------------

While on that topic... why not also add "damaged NPC" models ? Maybe a few models of NPCs lying dead on the ground, for obvious "deco" and roleplaying/ scenario purposes... I would not go as far as suggesting a "deco pile of corpses" to hint at a nearby deadly trap, but... you see the idea. These models could be low poly, since only the visible (up) part is... well, "visible". They could be "salvaged" too, for whatever creepy component comes to mind, but mostly to have them disappear after to lower poly count in the area... if that is of importance...

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    ChumSickle, cmguardia and tony hug like this.
  14. tachyon

tachyon Commander

A computer block with ASTICs scripting mod or something similar. This should be able to maintain an run all scripts on a grid. Ideally with a specialized UI for this that supports in finding the accessible devices

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
    shadowiviper likes this.
  15. JupiterVessel Corp

JupiterVessel Corp Commander

How about a antigrivity Generator.
    So for cv especially large ones don't need a ton of thrust in atmosphere. Basically it will prevent the cv from losing attitude in atmosphere. You could even park a cv high in the sky and run operations from there instead of try to find a spot in the ground bigger enough to land and be flat and level

16. Tarc Novar

Tarc Novar Commander

It is already possible to exit the pilot's seat and the vessel will not move.

17. JupiterVessel Corp

JupiterVessel Corp Commander

I know you can shut off thrusters and it will magically stays in the air when you get out of the seat

18. lendarker

lendarker Lieutenant

1. A vehicle construction bay/antigrav projector, where the vehicle starter block gets suspended in mid-air or in an energy field so you can zip around it with your drone to basically build without having to put the core on a pedestal or dig under your vehicle to add stuff underneath the core block.
    2. More decorative fluff stuff. This game is all about the building sandbox - so let's make it into Space Sims already.
    3. A "zero point energy" appliance that can be linked to things like the fridge and will power them indefinitely. Can be liberally tech expensive. (alternatively, zero point energy versions of appliances like the fridge that have no power drain but a steep build cost).
    4. An armory/armor constructor that allows me to build heavier armors, and most of the various armor and weapons upgrade kits.
    5. Automation blocks. PLEASE.

19. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

[​IMG]

This shape, whatever this shape might be... it's definitely missing and would be great to have.

jesterjunk and KRanKO5 like this.
  20. SightedNZ

SightedNZ Commander

I might be blind but I can't find a Thin Cylinder Cube Connector in any of the block shape menus. I would love to see this block type added with the same sizing options as the full-sized cylinder ones.