Blocks and Devices wish list

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Siege Inc., May 27, 2017.

1. Slipstream

Slipstream Captain

I would like the Instance Portal to have the following tweaks:
    • Player Level Lock - I'd like to be able to create level-locked instances for my players. This is especially important to help PvP environments, preventing high-level PvPers from accessing early-game content/providing a safe(r-ish) place for lower-level PvPers to work in. For COOP/PvE, this allows me to make level-appropriate content for my players. My newbies do not want or need Plasma Turrets to the face, my veterans on the other hand...
    • Blueprint Factory Lock - If they have a BP in the factory, prevent them from coming in.
    • Inventory Lock - Similar in function, prevent people from walking into an instance with a virtual cornucopia of Enhanced T2 Rocket Launchers and/or the components to build an Imperial-II class Star Destroyer inside the instance.
    Just some thoughts I had, for the purposes of adding Adventure and Exploration to the game. :)

Thanks!

--B.

2. Yetter

Yetter Ensign

Alarm blocks - blocks that sound an alarm and display a custom message when destroyed

Speakers - variety of sound effects on looped music clips tied to signal logic.

LCD states - the same lcd screen should be able to have different output based on the signal its recieving.

3. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

There is one block I love to see, a photo-sensor that I can link to the base lights (and turn them off during the day).

I would also like to see a modification to one of the existing solar panel blocks.
    A panel with a vertical support, for mounting on walls.

20180105090214_1.jpg

zztong, ion_storm and Yetter like this.
  4. buzzkills

buzzkills Lieutenant

Slanted. Hanger. Doors.

Hard to try to blend in huge swaths of flat door. Slanted hanger doors like we have ramps would be amazing.

Also wider variations please.

ion_storm and zztong like this.
  5. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

I have been using ramps with forcefield blocks behind them for the airtight seal.

6. Razorwire

Razorwire Captain

Me too.
    Or sometimes a sensor, ramp and hangar door combination, such that one motion sensor opens all of it at once.

7. buzzkills

buzzkills Lieutenant

yes as have i but it just adds so much unnecessary room and parts if youre trying to build anything larger than 5x5. they dont go up large enough to accommodate anything but smaller svs unless you stack boatloads together.

Razorwire likes this.
  8. Razorwire

Razorwire Captain

Truth.
    I'm currently running a 4x2 array of 3x2x1 ramps with a selection of fields behind it. Gives me an effective door area of 12x4 for a depth cost of 2 blocks (1 for the ramps, and 1 for the field emitters), which is more than enough to get my pancake-shaped medium SV into. I picked ramps not for the slope, but because they don't auto-open or auto-close every time I or one of the other pilots wander near them :D
    I can see it'd get more expensive space-wise if the slope was more pronounced.

I'll add my vote to sloped hangar doors, but I'd also accept armoured ramp blocks... Keep getting the buggers shot off.

**edit**
    Oh yeah, can we have some large even-numbered-block-size force emitters too, please :D
    **/edit**

9. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

Started work on a large SV for something different. Cargo door is actually 4 back-to-back tandem 3x4 shutters, with an external ramp cover above the actual boarding ramps. Each section gives 200 hp, so it nearly works out like triple hardened steel block layers. All function off a 2xOR combo of switch and sensor, but the outer shutters are on a 1 second delay for SFX. Works out pretty well, now I just have to build the rest of it...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Robot Shark likes this.
  10. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

A hollow large block that could be used for transfer tubes. Think hamster habitrails. Intersections, elbows etc for connectivity.

monktk, geostar1024 and Robot Shark like this.
  11. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

I do not know if this has been suggested before, but hallway railing blocks ] [
    Also, a U glass block for airlocks.

12. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

All kinds of hallway/corridor/room section cutouts would be nice for interiors, especially if they did not collide with decos/lighting. I mocked this up out of small blocks a while ago, the blue tinted section is 4x4, so equivalent to a lg block, the hallway is also 4x4 overall:

20171213084343_1.jpg

13. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

More like a tube dude. 2m x 2m x 2m hollow and open on 2 sides. Characters are what? 1.5 m? they would fit inside with thin walls. Make appropriate intersections and elbows and while you are at it make them out of glass as well for more options.

And while you are at it if you can't let us crawl, climb, crouch and go prone just yet. Plan for it in the geometry.

14. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

That's why I said "all kinds of"... so we'd have lots of things to play with. Tubes, octagons, asymmetric, whatever. Anything but the same fugly square hallways looking like something out of an Iron Curtain apartment building.. ;)

Hicks42 likes this.
  15. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

*sighs sadly thinking as far as utility went the soviets had it right* the penultimate of fugly and functional... I am kool with what you are saying and can not bring myself to deny any of the validity of it. :)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    geostar1024 likes this.
  16. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

Ladder blocks for all builds. So this would actually work

20180113172638_1.jpg

17. CirrusMajor

CirrusMajor Commander

Don't know if anyones's suggested this already, but I would love to see HV/SV cockpits with animated HUD's overlayed or built into the non-functional decoration.

18. Schnooony

Schnooony Ensign

I would really like to see something like a CV/BA based Portal for HVs, really hard to craft and super rare parts are needed so you could only craft sth like 2 or 3 of these Portals and you have to think about which world you like to connect or which ships :D
    Like Farcasters in Hyperion :3

19. Arrclyde

Arrclyde Rear Admiral

I would like to have some of the deko-blocks for bigger SV/HV too. Such as consoles, beds, and all kind of container to bring more life to those big small vessels you can walk around in. Of course in their original size making them multiple blocks wide, high and deep.

Brimstone and Robot Shark like this.
  20. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

Yes, deco blocks- and crew. Also, in addition to ladder blocks- hull blocks like the window "connector" blocks that go from curve to 45 deg angle or curve to right angle.

And can we tone down the specularity of the metal blocks some more? Everything looks like it's rubbed down in baby oil... especially in small vehicles, maybe the light falloff range is different