BlockShapes Menu and new Shapes

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Hummel-o-War, May 14, 2019.

1. Maverick241

Maverick241 Captain

Okay, you proved me wrong. But I am not completely wrong either, because there is no oxygen in the corners.
    Screenshot 2019-05-22 18.35.42.png

Na_Palm likes this.
  2. Na_Palm

Na_Palm Captain

:DYeah, you a right! No rule without an exeption...
    You could maybe put a quarter Truss block beneath the corner as this arent airtight. If there are other blocks behind the wall...

Maverick241 likes this.
  3. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Oh how wonderful builds would be if Lights were placed like the explosive charge packs...... mmmm.

4. zztong

zztong Rear Admiral

I'd never get them to line up. :)

And what's this about 6 meter wide corridors to make air flow? (Blocks are 2m^3, right?) :)

Frigidman and Maverick241 like this.
  5. nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯

nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯ Captain

The block "Sliced Corner B1" is useless as at least one fitting block is missing. There is no Block you can put on the orange flats. 20190523040526_1.jpg 20190523040541_1.jpg

6. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

They could employ a 'grid snap' hotkey when trying to place it... so it sticks to a grid along the surface (like you see when you apply the grid texture).

And dont get me started about the fricken o2 flow .... oh man....

zztong likes this.
  7. Kon

Kon Ensign

Ok, this was an amazing game before alpha 8, people were enjoying multiplayer and fighting each other. Why are we working so hard to make this a single player game. To make this a single player game you would have to have AI characters starting to build from scratch just like you are and building ships and claiming land, and that would be an amazing game, but we're just not there with AI yet. Please take out the aliens and increase the amount of people that can play online and make this an online only game, it is an amazing game for that. It already has everything it needs for that it already did before alpha 8. People would have a blast. I was praying that they don't increase the amount of blocks because I knew they would have to sacrifice something else, and they did, you can only build bases in four basic directions now E W S N, to accommodate for extra network traffic for extra blocks. This has taken a lot of realism out of the game which stopped me from playing it any more unless they return the feature, Im sure theres others that feel the same. This would be an awesome multiplayer game and Id even be willing to pay a monthly fee to stop wiping servers and let me build serious things and keep my base running while Im offline. This has serious potential to be the best multiplayer game ever, please take out the aliens and let people build in all directions and stop this alpha stuff and release the game finally so you can stop wiping servers and we can all enjoy it for the awesome game it has already been.

8. SilvRav

SilvRav Moderator

Building directions has not changed. If you can't build on the z axis you might be encountering a bug and it needs to be reported to be looked into.

baddkarma74, Wayson, Dietrich and 2 others like this.
  9. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I think he's talking about how new bases can only be aligned along the North/South/East/West directions due to the AI pathfinding. Though it sucks to lose the ability to freely rotate new bases, I'm happy for the new AI attacks. :)

baddkarma74, zztong, Bollen and 3 others like this.
  10. SilvRav

SilvRav Moderator

That does make more sense... :confused: I'm down with man flu so I'm blaming it.

Bollen, Germanicus and ravien_ff like this.
  11. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Its always funny to read complaints from people about EGS.:)...NON of them seem to have read what the Story of the game is:confused:.
    If they had.. they would not want to "remove the Aliens" and "stopping Alpha"o_O.
    A Survival game FOR the Human Race not to make War on each other. As long as such ideas stay in mind of the People there is now place for Peace. Not in Real Life and not even in a Game....:(
    "Let them BURN"

Supay, Bollen, Arrclyde and 1 other person like this.
  12. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Easy enough to make a custom scenario with no NPCs, too, if anyone really wants one. :D

13. Arrclyde

Arrclyde Rear Admiral

I don't know if that is a problem with block shapes (don't think so), but the game you describing is currently in development. It's called Dual Universe. Only players in a persistent single shard universe with no Ai to fight only PvP, and it has a monthly subscription. But i don't see it being overly popular for long after release.
    Thing is that most Games that offer both, a multiplayer online and singleplayer offline mode (mostly paired with coop mode), are mostly played in singleplayer. And IF there is a separation for online mode, deviding servers in PvP and PvE servers, PvE servers are more popular than PvP servers.

This i also noticed. A shame, but nothing that cant be overcome or coped with. I think i can get used to it in a little while.

sorry to hear that. This is serious and i really hope you'll make it. I had that too once and i barely made it out alive.....

:D:D:D

SilvRav likes this.
  14. nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯

nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯ Captain

I agree on this, real shame on you Eleon, i didnt event read that in the change notes. Hope you find a way to offer us both simultaniously in the future.
    I gonna hate this sooner or later!

You haven't build serious things yet? Me and my friends build at least 2 Home Bases in Alpha 9 Size Class 7 and 11. plus 90-100 defense Bases around the bigger one. I would count that serious yet we would have expanded.
    If you are not building serious you are on the wrong server i would say. Side note: On servers without offline protection the bases are running as long as somebody is on the some playfield as the server.
    Btw i think there is still a Alpha 7 server out there.... If not you may find some people here who want to go back to 7 with you. (I am serious you can choose version 7 in the steam options)

So there is a position going to be free at Eleon soon?

15. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    This has already change quite a while ago. And it will possibly stay this way i am afraid.

ravien_ff, RhodeKill and Dietrich like this.
  16. kittle

kittle Lieutenant

With all these new shapes - why not let us drag the various shapes to our hotbar? Constantly swapping back and forth while building complex shapes is tedious.

born4poker, Maverick241 and Dietrich like this.
  17. Dietrich

Dietrich Commander

I don't chime in too often, but when I read posts like this, I simply must say a few words.

This looks like your first post here. Welcome! :)

I am not an admin here, or a developer on this game. Heck, I'm not even a large contributor to this community. That said, I have been playing Empyrion since the game was sent to me after their failed kickstarter in 2014, and I'm a professional enterprise software developer, so I've some authority on being an ambassador of sorts for this game. Your comment here does not read like someone who understands the nuance and diversity of humans, or the audience of this game, outside of your immediate circle.

We have countable (go check the release notes since A8) more additions, game-play enhancements, quality of life improvements, and fundamental aspects in place than Alpha 8. This is fact. Things have changed. That's what happens. Some of it good, some of it maybe you don't agree with. Sure, come to the forums and create meaningful posts with empirical data to back up your opinion in order to assert a positive change you hope to see in this game. Your post, in my humble opinion, does not achieve this.

Who is "we" here? Are you and your associates working hard, against your will, to make this a single player game somehow? I don't understand this sentence. It makes no sense at all. :confused:

I have literally been playing this game since 2014, have over 1000 hours logged (almost 800 official Steam hours since it's been launched there), and in those hours, maybe some 15% have been in some multiplayer capacity. Your comment here crosses the line of opinion, it's just a false statement. I've played this game for 5 years almost entirely in single player. Yours is about as ignorant an assessment of this game as I've seen.

These two things do no correlate. :cool:

Also, I like the aliens. We upgrade our T1 weapons with kits, then sells the excess items to the alien vendors. Using these credits, we buy heavy armor and other hard-to-find items. This was a great addition for single and multiplayer.

What? No! :( Are you a considerate human being? Why would you want to dictate that something be some way just because you see it and want it that way? Is this normal to you? Why do you feel that you have the authority, power, and right to tell these developers, and all other players who have a different play-style than you, that your opinion is the ONLY way this game should be made? I am truly curious why you feel you have the authority to say such things to the Eleon staff and all of us. I would stop playing this game if it were online only. Given my experience in this community, I wager I am not alone in that thought.

As a side note, I could paste you endless Steam threads complaining about games that are "online only". That seems like a one-dimensional and unfeasible avenue for Eleon to take this game. Why not improved HUD options for a better MP UX as a suggestion? (Yo Hummel!)

Let's collaborate constructively to provide Eleon with the most comprehensive feedback possible. In this method, they are able to utilize real information to improve the game, and we get to help them achieve a release we will all love.

1) The amount of blocks available in this game.
    2) The direction in which you can place a base.

These two things do not necessarily correlate. At least not in the way you seem to be implying. ;) Do you have a checkout of their code to know this is true? Be careful of fallacies like these.

Wait, wait... Let me get this straight... The ability to fabricate a base structure, out of thin air, and click on the 3d plane in front of you to place said structure, is realistic to you? Yet, the inability to do that same act and place it in any rotational degree you want it to be, that is what takes a lot of realism out of the game for you? :rolleyes:

With the right setup and expectations, it already is an awesome multiplayer game. That 15% I said I do that's MP? It's a co-op server with a handful of friends of mine. We play MP and have a wonderful time. Could there be more MP improvements? You bet! Let's help out with bug reports and constructive suggestions! :)

This sounds like a server, practice, or expectation issue. I build serious things all the time.

Totally agree! Let's do our part by being constructive and helpful community members! Let's report bugs, play-test, conversate about features that have recently been implemented or could be implemented, give helpful feedback to the devs, and just be all around good alpha testers. Remember, the game is not released despite what you want reality to be. Let's be as awesome a group of testers as possible to help Eleon get this game released right!

Last edited: May 25, 2019
    GenghisBob, runlykhel, Slimer and 8 others like this.
  18. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    I am afraid offering so many shapes has the constraint that we cannot "pull" them out of the group anymore. But your suggestion also had an entry in my feature documents (maybe it requires a seperate "building toolbar" or some other mechanics to make the usage of so many - and growing numers - of shapes more convenient) ;)

19. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    I am afraid Kon won't answer anyone for the next 30 days as he found it enjoyable not only to spam several threads, but also to curse and flame on me and the mods. ;)

20. ion_storm

ion_storm Captain

If You put several stacks of blocks in Your toolbar, each stack remembers its last used shape, so You have several shapes ready to put down...
    At least this is how it was, if they didn't change it...

Last edited: May 25, 2019