Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Hummel-o-War, May 14, 2019.
Here's another one that I missed just today...
And speaking of UVs... do you think you can separate the red marked surfaces from each other in the following screenshots? That would make coloring those angled surfacces much easier.
Those are only the two most prominent examples I encounter almost daily
I know the third one is so symetrical that it can be rotated in most cases but the other simlar ones (Cut Corner C and D) cannot be universally rotated.
A great gift to prepare for players in alpha 10, so many different and interesting! Thank you for these innovations But the "modest list" of what would have improved the game
1. Cockpit txx signal (sat in the cockpit HV/SV - engines started, weapons activated).
2. Working radar. The same décor lines that are now just spinning and wasn't looking for anything. It would be nice if he scanned the space on the subject of players within a certain radius, so in active mode was vadamal the one who uses it.
3. New armor skin for player. One of the beautiful options: https://i.pinimg.com/736x/31/69/18/316918e1f3f81a64daccd2cf6977d5ad--suit-of-armor-scifi-armour.jpg
4. Camera block and screen. A camera unit and a screen so you can sit inside the ship and on the attached displays inside what's going on outside the ship.
5. SMG. In the game I think not enough of the submachine gun firing pistol cartridges and is available earlier than the assault rifle.
6. More solar systems I probably want a lot , but why not have in the game a couple of solar systems with 5-6 planets in each and a long jump between them, and within the solar system to move to the SV with its short jumps.
7. Cockpit damage indicator for HV/SV, for example in the form of a working display.
8. Working guard NPC. Why would they just stand around?! Let them shoot, even just standing on 1 spot or crouching like Zirax soldier. Although if you teach them to walk in a certain area and they can be hired as a team it will be just gorgeous
9. Group signal for diveces. Now it's quite tedious to set the same signal for 100 lamp, 100 engines and 200 RSI + turrets, so it would be great if the signal were hanged at once for the whole group
The UVW maps for texturing in game, is an Eleon in house thing. I'm just making mock ups to make give them the easiest possible explanation we can such that if it's not produced it's an in house decision, not a "wth are you talking 'bout," miscommunication.
I think they've been given feedback on a couple of blocks that historically on one side textures as a face adjacent to it, when choosing the color tool. (One block screwed up the whole painting scheme in one of my builds
Idk, given the recent EXP Part IV if those "errors" in a few blocks have been addressed. I've only come across it on one block... I c you've found 2 others! That's good. This way once identified it's easy to fix. I think it's not a difficulty to fix issue, more a holy crap there's a lot more important things the 1 cgi guy has to do on his list. Idk, if he's been joined by anyone else. Either way, just 3 blocks, one face change UVW map tweek is not so bad...
You mean this block, right? It's a block that's "handed" (chiral/enantiomorph, depending on STEM subject):
@Allarionn, @nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯ , et. al. with this block. I think it's best to present the blocks like this. It gives a sense of dead space, and it has the line in the middle like their blocks already in game.
It looks like this, correct?
Love what your doing here. It really helps in seeing the shape. The one shape I want to see is a square 2*2 to a small round. This way I can have a air duck with a flue. Like a stove top air ducking.
Not quite... well that shape works of course too but what I had in mind was the top part also be a triangle, not a square.
k, I can do that too, the file is still saved...and that's why I check. Rendering now...4:50pm EDT
There's a few complications with that. One would be where to you want the 2x2 to start in the 10x10 square that's the available space? Another would be when should the transition happen? Half way up, three quarters, etc. There's no problem making a circle a square. I'm also uncertain what you mean by a small round, e.g., this would be the opposite of what you would want,
Or that's what you mean?
As to the round part. We have all those round tubes that are center to the block. we have all the shapes to make any kind of round ducking or fuel transfer pipes or what ever you wish to use the for.
Now the image you showed there is what I had in mind but that one is too tall it needs to fit within a 2*2*2 block
As to the transition. It can be an even transition from round to square. The small round needs to be in the center. We have no round piping objects that are offset to the center. Hope this helps
So, like this?
Here are the pipe blocks in the game menu. I'm not understanding if you are referencing them and if so what the 2*2(*2) means in this context...and then what you mean by the transition from circular to square in this context. Do you want duct work that is square too?
Yes those are the small round I speak of. The 2 * 2 * 2 is each block is 2 meter by 2 meter by 2 meter cube. We already have square objects that can be used as ducking.
I want to be able to use the small rounds to make a air system in the ceiling so my putting the T shaped small round with the T facing down then using a round to square below the T and on the bottom of the square part I can use that nice vent texture. So I would have a more industrial look to it.
Yeah, perfect, thanks man.
So you mean blocks like the transitions pictured?
Or the thicker tubes, cause I actually don't see a square column that's centered like the tubes... I could have missed it.
Yep your getting the right idea. Nope not talking about the larger tubes. The one in yellow is more what I'm thinking. Don't think we would have any half or 1/4 length tubes to match with your red and blue outlines. So not even sure how those other two could be used with what we already have.
I Would really like to have the missing bits here:
Although this blocks offer the worst visibility:
Ideally you would give us a 2x1 such as this:
Or better yet this:
Since these shapes allow tall cockpits with the best visibility:
Compare this to the first image:
It would also be nice to have these options without the bezel so we could have decent visibility on CV cockpits. It seem that SVs with prefabricated cockpits is the only way to fly in Empyrion with good visibility at the moment.
This is that block, double check.