PLZ Retest and Re-Report "Brewing Lichen"?

Discussion in 'Archive (Read Only)' started by Assassinjdh, Jun 27, 2022.

1. Assassinjdh

Assassinjdh Ensign

I'm just starting to do quests, and I got the festival quest. I've obtained several hundred cobalt through mining the rocks in the north of the starting (tutorial) planet but not one "brewing lichen", and I can't find the item anywhere in any forum thread or wiki page. How does one get "brewing lichen"?

Can't upload images due to file extension errors, so below is the description of the quest verbatim.

Quest description:

Required: 3x Brewing Lichen
    Complete at: Talon FARM (Akua)

Questinfo:
    For the upcoming festivities, we will brew a special libation from a particular species of lichen. However, this lichen lives only on a special surface rock called < translating .. Cobalt >. It is most commonly found in northern latitudes, such as the tundra and cold plains. If you dissect the rock, you can find the lichen quite safely.

2. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Hard to say. Did you check if the quest is active? Open the PDA > Go to the "Solo mission" tab and expand the TALON group. If the quest is active it should be displayed there.

@picture upload > you need to check "more options" and then select the Remote Picture Upload:

[​IMG]

3. DarkWanderer

DarkWanderer Ensign

I confirm. That was the only one quest from Talon that I couldn't complete. I broke at least twenty cobalt stones, but I couldn't get the lichen.

Quest was active in PDA list.

It was still on version 1.8, before hofixes.

4. Assassinjdh

Assassinjdh Ensign

The quest was active, yes. And I did actually get the lichen to drop, but not from cobalt. It instead dropped from those lobster things while I was doing another quest. All other quests were completable as described.

Except the fish one is slightly buggy. You have to fly over the area, or swim past an area they spawn then turn around I've found. They never show up on first pass. I was just collecting promethium throughout lakes, deep and shallow water, and by the time I'd methodically gone through every lake on Akua collecting rss I hadn't seen a single fish until I decided to fly over

5. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    The Brewing Lichen is triggered from mining cobalt rocks. So hard to say where there is an issue. (For 1.8.5 I will update that, but won't help you right at the moment I am afraid :(

Germanicus likes this.