Broken Explorer Tokens ?

Discussion in 'Experimental Features Discussion' started by Kundara, Jun 3, 2022.

1. Kundara

Kundara Ensign

Hey there.

In testing during EXP2 & EXP3 I have found that explorer tokens are not being generated in the same way as the main game.

I didn't mention anything during EXP2 as I was late to the cycle and was focused on other aspects, but the continuing state in EXP3 I felt warranted checking if it was indeed an issue or not.

In the main game, the first time you encounter the raw ore is when you get the Explorer Token, whether it's mined, looted or bought from a trader. This makes sense as its labeled as 'Discovery' of the ore, not specifically as a reward for mining it.

So far none of the raw ores I have looted has given an Explorers Token. With no vendors on the starter snow moon, where I have done all my testing, I can't verify that is the case for vendor discovery.

Only when I have mined or harvested (pentaxid crystals) the ore in question have I been rewarded with the associated Token, with 2 notable exceptions thus far.

Both Carbon Substrate and Crushed Stones yield no Tokens under any circumstance yet encountered. Whilst this is understandable for Carbon, a newly mineable substance, this reflects a change regarding Crushed Stones, which provides a Token currently in the main game.

It could be that the system is working as intended, and that this reflects a change in the way Tokens are issued and for what they are issued for.

However, I can't find any specific mention of a change to the Explorer Tokens in the EXP Branch notes anywhere.

As I say, I don't know if this is working as the new system intends or if its a bug that needs fixing, but just incase it's the latter, I thought I would mention it and my findings during testing thus far.

As always, see you all in the next post.

2. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    The Tokens always should have only been given by "mining" or actually "picking up". Any other way was/is not intentional I am afraid (at least not at the moment)

All TO resources (wood, carbon, crushed stone) do not give a token - Crushed Stone is counting towards that and the Token has been removed.

Pach likes this.
  3. Kundara

Kundara Ensign

Cool, nice to know.

This could make exploration of the new starter system a bit more important for those looking to get the Epic Drill sooner than later, from mining what is on the other 3 starter moons for Tokens. Depending on how quick a player progresses, it might be quicker than building a warp capable ship to go to other planets in the system to mine for them later in the game.

Thanks for the update.

Hummel-o-War likes this.
  4. Arthmoor

Arthmoor Commander

Just a question - I've seen the term "TO resource" used several times. What exactly does that stand for?

Myrmidon likes this.
  5. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Tier zero .. so the basic of basic resources. ;)

Pach likes this.
  6. Arthmoor

Arthmoor Commander

Oh... that's a zero. I thought it was the letter "O".

Pach likes this.
  7. Pach

Pach Rear Admiral

Don't tell the Devs, but....

... so did I! :(