1. Mirosya

Mirosya Commander

EAH version: 1.49.7.0

Reproducibility
    : Always

Severity: Minor

Description: EAH shows information about the old game

When I delete an old game, I manually delete the folder with the old game in Saves / Games and the corresponding folder in Saves / Cache. After creating a new game with a different name in the player list, I see data about the player in the playfield of the old game. EAH won't delete old stats after creating a new game?

2. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

Hey,

when you delete a game, you should use "Fresh Start" in the EAH options. It will clear all EAH data from the old save (it keeps general things like a player though, but his playfield etc will be cleared).
    You also can delete your save game with the "Wipe Savegame" button in the config. This makes sure everything is deleted (also the cache)

upload_2020-7-30_9-39-2.png

https://eah.empyrion-homeworld.net/documentation/first-steps/config/config-setup

Pach likes this.
  3. Mirosya

Mirosya Commander

thanks! :)

4. Mirosya

Mirosya Commander

A few words about the "Futures \ Factions" menu. When new factions are created on the server, they are included in the report. If some fractions are deleted, then they remain in the report and you have to manually clean them through the "Config / Tool / Fresh start" menu. What is the point of caching this information if it is not updated in a timely manner - maybe it is better to always take it directly from the production server? It would be more informative.

5. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

They come from the server and are updated after a few minutes. The old inactive factions are also kept for the logs. Otherwise you cant see who was in what faction before.
    Using "Fresh start" after a wipe is a must anyhow. Otherwise EAH will show you much more corrupt information.

6. Mirosya

Mirosya Commander

I did a "fresh start" before creating a new game. In any case, storing information about old factions in this form seems pointless. This also leads to errors - in my case, I could not make a new faction, since the faction's tag is already occupied by the old faction (although the faction is inactive - it has 0 members, it is not displayed in the game, but its tag cannot be reused), and another player managed to create a new faction with the same tag and this led to confusion in the server logic.

7. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

Thats a game issue, not an EAH issue. If you have old factions in the game already of course EAH will also show them.

8. Fenra369

Fenra369 Commander

I confirm similar issues when players use CB:Reset while in a faction. If a player uses CB:Reset while they own a faction, that faction (and all it's entities) still exists and ends up in a perma-OP mode. I realized however that if you disable the faction (setting it's active faction checkbox to false) fixes this, however CB:Reset doesn't do this automatically; admins must manually observe for dead factions and deactivate every time. One way you could fix this in game however, is if you as a player remove yourself from faction or delete your faction in game, this issue is avoided.

The logic error in question could be fixed by setting faction to inactive under EAH factions window, although I have no idea what happens if a player makes a new faction with the same name after that.

Can we have CB:reset only work if the player is not in a faction or owning a faction when the command is given?

9. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

Ass mentioned several times already: You can't set factions inactive over EAH (this 'Active' property you see there is always overwritten by the game and is just for some internal EAH functions). Its a game issue (EAH is not the game, OP is a game feature and not connected to EAH), because the game does not recognize if no player file is in that faction anymore. The game does not allow to deactivate a faction from outside yet.
    So you need to make a game bug report, not an EAH bug report.

I can add that option to EAH

10. Fenra369

Fenra369 Commander

I can't claim to understand what the box does, but it *does* have an impact on the game's logic itself. It may not be intentional, but it somehow works for me when I disable the faction, it no longer appears in the list of factions and alliances attached to the faction no longer apply (for the purposes of OP triggering). As mentioned in that bug detailing, it is fixable by manual intervention via EAH. I did discover the player could do this legwork for you by not being in a faction, although I do not know what happens to their bases or other faction-set ships and items.

Taelyn does not believe this to be a bug, or even a exploit apparently, so I don't have a solution beyond babysitting every person using CB:reset to make sure they don't leave a broken faction behind them. Thank you for applying that fix for EAH, so alliances with dead factions won't break the game's logic on OP. I would suggest it to be a debug option, so it can be removed for server owners that don't see a need for it.

11. Fenra369

Fenra369 Commander

Not exactly a bug, but a somewhat confusing verbiage in use of EAH events. Every instance of what I would expect to be "prize" is said as "price" when I look at the add event window. I'm fairly certain you mean prize, since these are things the players get at the end of said event. Also, you should add a title for the winning conditions of "has Item first/all" event types. Lastly, could use an update on the tooltip for event type, since it only has info for capture and normal events.

12. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

Thanks will check it

13. Lyme

Lyme Ensign

EAH version: 1.52.3.0
    Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Minor
    Description: Functions->Config->Game raises an error
    See the attached image (the dialog does not provide cut/paste functionality).

Attached Files:

14. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

This is not a bug. You provided a tag in the GameOptions.yaml called > PlayerSafeZoneHours
    There is no such tag provided by us. Remove this tag and your issue is solved

15. Lyme

Lyme Ensign

Thank you, that fixed it.

It may be valuable to point out that the two tags (one for solo, one for mp) were added when creating the default pve scenario on a new/clean server.

16. Precipitator

Precipitator Ensign

OAMs seem to be bugged in v1.4. Using am:get:all will cause errors. No items will appear except blank "itemName" labels with the flare icon that cannot be interacted with. I thought this might be the best place to put this as RexXxuS mentioned OAM being part of EAH. Game log is attached.

Attached Files:

17. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

Germanicus likes this.
  18. Fenra369

Fenra369 Commander

EAH version: 1.55.3.0

Severity: Major

Description: In almost every game hosted setting. EAH full tool is more or less unusable with timetables, or worse, actively corrupts and breaks the servers using them by endless duplication of the tool in most hosted services Control Panels. What happens:
    1. User tries to use EAH full by connecting to master tool, and then sets up timetables or uses restart or stop in 5, restart in 5, etc...
    2. All subactions work as expected, up to the point where the server turns off. At this point the tool is still active, and the dedicated instance is off. A hosted server always uses the same brand of control panel, which is now confused because the server is off, and now decides to restart both the server instance, and the EAH master tool
    3. Now there is one server, two EAH master tool instances. All timetable, chatbot commands, etc.. is double. Your slave now control multiple master tools and all commands are duplicated. Restarting more creates a death spiral

Workaround/solution: Do not use EAH restart, stop, or start commands. All timetables are still ok, you just cannot use any which are start, stop, or restart. Risking this will create duplicate masters as the CP thinks EAH is dead or errored out. No idea how it feels when it gets many reload data commands as well, but so far this is very reproducible, once you understand what's happening.

19. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

This has nothing to do with EAH. Contact your hoster. They are responsible for the implementation.

20. SCUD

SCUD Ensign

AH version: 1.55.3.0

Severity: Major

Description:
    Try to restore a vanished Ship through the structure list. This Error appears in "Latest Warnings":

27.02.2021 09:58:14 TMD: Event Error EntityIdNotFound seqnr Request_Structure_Touch

Ship did not get restored.

edit: tried other ships, all destroyed or vanished ships get this error and cant be restored

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021