Builders Wishlist

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by Theurgist, Dec 2, 2017.

1. sdfg

sdfg Lieutenant

I've often wondered at some very arbitrary decisions when it comes to doors. Like the separation of manual and automatic doors, and the forcefield being on full metal doors and not glass doors. I'm the same when it comes to toilets, it drives me mad for exactly the same reasons, and worse, if I'm putting in a public toilets in base, at the moment if someone enters one of them, the poor person in the toilet next door gets everything exposed to the world too! It would make sense to me to have checkboxes on every door type, one for forcefield and one for automatic mode. Then you could customize what you want. But certainly a built in door for the loos is desperately needed to save space. Unless everyone is very progressive in the future ;-)

ion_storm and Mana_Sean like this.
  2. Paganizer

Paganizer Commander

LCDs that can show more than 1 text. It would be really nice to be able to use them with switches/levers and get both "on" / "off" info depending signal state.

Being able to connect LCDs to an outside camera .. would be nice for battlebridges.

Runeshadow and ion_storm like this.
  3. Starsunder

Starsunder Ensign

Update or change all lockcodes on a structure and in groups in the P menu.

4. Razorwire

Razorwire Captain

Rereading this thread; some of these are solvable now.

Turn an auto door into a manual one - make a null signal, something like an AND signal with 0 and 1 as the two inputs and assign it to the door.

Ground sensor - retractable gear has a tx signal that can be used to drop ramps, shutter thrusters etc.

Occupied pilot seat - two laser trips and a latch on the bridge entrance. Not quite what you're after, but it'll power the engines/RCS when you walk into the bridge, and shut them down when you leave. Reset has to be further away than the set trip.