Builders Wishlist

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Hummel-o-War, Jun 14, 2018.

1. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

This is basically the "encumbrance meter" idea I had a while back during a discussion of cargo mass: a quick visual indicator of the current capabilities of your ship relative to the closest planet. It would be particularly helpful in letting you know if you could get back to orbit again from a planet you're considering landing on.

JabSparrow and IronCartographer like this.
  2. [Ghetto]Two Shoe$

[Ghetto]Two Shoe$ Commander

Crafting/Construction speed boost blocks. 2x2 or 2x1. Tech 1 and Tech 2 versions
    Crafting/Construction energy efficiency blocks 2x2 or 1x1 Tech 1 and Tech 2 versions

A scanner inventory item akin to what allows the vision of resource deposites, that allows
    the "builder" to view his/her blocks underground. This would help to be able to bulid on-the-fly
    BA's on planets for the express purpose (but not limited to) being able to run a "conduit" to a
    remote area within building range so as to improve overall design to fit terrain.

At least from a PVP perspective. But this is just as important for players that like to build
    free-hand and want to place cosmetic designs into the world for their chose base location.

3. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

This would be a challenging one, but...

An Arc Tool, to create rounded shapes.

How would it work? You'd place an "Arc Start" block, either one full block in size, or one Thin Block unit in size.
    Your Arc Start would then become an "Arc End", and the start and end would then be connected by a line representing the outer edge of the arc, which would be moved to create the arc itself, and when clicked, fill the area of the arc with blocks and slices either one full block, or one "thin" block thick, forming a nice, curved surface.

Shadow Chaser likes this.
  4. Shadow Chaser

Shadow Chaser Ensign

Hi,
    Should be easy to implement .
    Could we have Groups in circuits It'll keep the clutter down and make building circuits for devices etc so much easier.
    Maybe include turning on or off the circuit group would be awesome. Which will allow us to build a circuit before activating it.

2nd on my wish list is could we have the Delay able to do less that 1sec like 50-100ms increments
    It would greatly help with timing without stacking too many seconds.

3rd Could we have a full latch reset with Q bar plz. I keep having to add a huge amount of not gates.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
  5. Shadow Chaser

Shadow Chaser Ensign

Would be even better if you build everything this way then the blocks are calculated.
    Like make your ship design then to convert to blocks it'll show a grid to place over to make the blocks.

DeadliestIdiot likes this.
  6. DeadliestIdiot

DeadliestIdiot Commander

Now that's an interesting idea. Essentially build your ship and then the game automatically chunks it into blocks. Might make it harder to add parts and make upgrades to your design on the fly, though.

Shadow Chaser likes this.
  7. Shadow Chaser

Shadow Chaser Ensign

Mirroring larger chunks will save me a huge amount of time. atm the symmtry plane dosen't duplicate pasted copy blocks

8. Shadow Chaser

Shadow Chaser Ensign

You can use symmetry plane for this but the problem is it will not remove blocks so if you made a mistake you have to remove blocks both sides of the plane before redoing. Fixing it so the symmetry plane duplicates all action including delete would be nice.

9. Shadow Chaser

Shadow Chaser Ensign

It'll make resources more valuable if you think about it.
    Making a new design means making a new ship for major changes and upgrades use std blocks.
    So long as you have the original blueprint.

10. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

You must be referring only to Survival mode and using the Multi-Tool. Because deletes of blocks/devices while sym is up in Creative mode, does do both sides.

Sephrajin likes this.
  11. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

True, but with selection (creative only) you can rotate it.

12. Shadow Chaser

Shadow Chaser Ensign

rotate is not mirroring. you can only duplicate a symmetrical object through rotation.

13. Shadow Chaser

Shadow Chaser Ensign

I was working on it in creative and it definately did not remove blocks on both sides of the symetry

14. DeadliestIdiot

DeadliestIdiot Commander

Shift left click with a block in your hand and pointing at the block to remove. It's a game changer. (Or maybe it's shift left click)

15. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Given the hundreds of thousands of blocks I've placed and removed, both in and out of symmetry, I can say you must be doing it wrong. I've never had an issue (other than some blocks NOT mirroring correctly to start with).

16. Shadow Chaser

Shadow Chaser Ensign

Yeah tbh I have been using multitool I'll try the shift click method instead.

17. Shadow Chaser

Shadow Chaser Ensign

Could we make Control Containers have controls to place materials into container by type.

Then we can set the constructors and furnaces to control container to distribute and anything not distributed stays in said container.
    Then when the control container is full it can't distribute.

And when you open the control container have like 4 selections at least. If we need more we can always nest them.

18. DeadliestIdiot

DeadliestIdiot Commander

I was the same way until a couple weeks ago.

19. jesterjunk

jesterjunk Captain

‌‌
    Pretty please with a Cherry on top.
    ‌‌
    20190326_9.6.0_2301_001_2019-03-29_22-42-13_resave01.png

_VickTor_ and Frigidman like this.
  20. Obcy

Obcy Commander

So I kill You all with my idea.

It is only for creative mode so we can easily create blueprints. It would be great to set any kind of shape, box, sphere etc and let the game to fill it with blocks accordingly. Then You can erase some blocks inside and there it is.