Builders Wishlist

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Hummel-o-War, Jun 14, 2018.

1. boo

boo Commander

one thing i would like to have

a better camera view for vertical CV, unfortunately i cant center the view to the cv and i'm still far above from the center of the cv while trying to move the cam properly ...

2. SteelBlood

SteelBlood Ensign

Improved hitboxes for Small Blocks. Even if you use the thinnest wall, it has the hitbox of a full cube. This makes it harder to design vehicles with specific purposes like fitting into tight spaces.

StyleBBQ likes this.
  3. CrimsonJackel

CrimsonJackel Ensign

an actual use in terms of structural stability for the truss blocks. Seriously, they're worthless for anything other than decorative uses. They're not airtight, they have crap HP, and they cost iron, so I never use them unless I accidentally pull them off a ship while salvaging and dont want to waste the energy to stick em in the deconstructor and feel like putting them up to support underground hangers.

I was thinking that if we could make it so they could extend further(without breaking) than other blocks, they could be used as horizontal structural support bridging between two vertical posts. Heck, there could be an upgraded version that includes other mats to allow for even further support. Take the basic model and make it extend horizontally one block further without support than any standard block. That would equate to 2 additional blocks between vertical posts. The upgraded truss block could be 2 blocks longer(which would be 4 between posts)

I mostly just want some sort of structural support block, and figured the truss block would be perfect for it if it were altered for this purpose.

StyleBBQ likes this.
  4. StyleBBQ

StyleBBQ Captain

Not sure I follow you, but just in case; if you tap the Left Alt key while seated in the CV and in 3rd person view, you should go into a 'free look' mode where the mouse swivels you around the ship. While in that mode if you tap the PageUp & PageDown buttons your views height should go up or down, and be saved when you tap left Alt again, so you can steer ship via mouse.

Kassonnade likes this.
  5. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

For each device I wish we could have a "block" version that can be fit in a wall or ceiling, among other models available. For example, the cooking table could be a block that only shows one face with a door, knobs and handle, or a fridge could be a door with some LEDs and a handle, but fill its cubic volume tightly except for the front.

The fuel and O2 tanks are good examples of devices that fit tight in their volume, so we can show any of the faces and it still looks good and "compact".

At least, it could help visually to have a frame or some fasteners/ racks around devices to reach the edge of their volume, like the O2 / fuel tanks have actually, so they can touch their surroundings ( "cube" space) on more than 1 face (constructors, medic station, etc only touch floor).

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    Track Driver and StyleBBQ like this.
  6. StyleBBQ

StyleBBQ Captain

Really good idea @Kassonnade . And especially for the BA/CV Constructors!

In most of my bases I have the constructor recessed into the floor so it doesn't block the view. But with the new model and the non-cube-u-lar collision box, well you can't walk over the top of the 'top' anymore, so I flip em over and walk on the 'base' but it's totally blank, no detail :(

Kassonnade likes this.
  7. StyleBBQ

StyleBBQ Captain

O2 tanks. HV/SV holds 400 while the BA/CV small, though 64 times larger only holds 1000.
    With the new Half and Plate sized Ventilators (which are great btw), could the same be done for Lrg Blk O2 Tanks?
    Maybe bump the Small to hold 4000, so a Half would hold 2000 and the Plate would hold 1000.
    That would only be a 10x increase from the Sm Blks 400.

Also I would like to bring up the possibility of Seats/Cockpits/Medbays taking over O2 refilling duties.
    Or even the Ventilators could perform the refill function since they're already tied into the O2 Tanks.

But if that's just not happening then a nice QoL thing would be if the O2 Stations held a small tanks worth of O2, internally.
    And/or better yet for the BA/CV Station make it less than a single full block. Sort of like the HVs Med Bay, but placable in a 1-wide corridor in a ship and you could still get by, and style the back, flush, face like Kassonade suggested above.
    ---
    Another bit that I've been noticing is the size difference between the BA/CV Minigun and Cannon Turrets.
    I prefer to alternate between them so they're often near each other, and well, the Minigun ain't so mini...

there's also the, err, what?? when you see a HVs Minigun near a large version :confused::D
    << Mini-Me Minigun in Minion Yellow >>
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  8. markis007

markis007 Lieutenant

Being able to "harvest" an auto-miner using HV mining or multi-tool turrets. It would be a nice feature to be able to drive up to an Auto-miner and collect all the processed ore stacks simply by pointing the HV mining or multi-tool turret at the auto-miner and "auto collect" all ores into the current harvest Cargo Container (Ores and Wood) automatically.

Currently auto-miners can only be manually "harvested". You have to manually move each stack of ore to your HV, SV or CV. There should also be a "harvest all" button on auto-miners to allow them to be harvested into your current WiFi Cargo Container.

StyleBBQ likes this.
  9. markis007

markis007 Lieutenant

Anything that requires power should be switchable i.e. it should be able to be turned off.
    This is basic power management 101.

There are many devices that cannot be turned off and use power regardless of if they are being used or not.

Also, this has been discussed with a number of like players but we are unable to see the logic as to why Cargo Controllers and Extensions require continuous power. If they are not being actively used then they should "idle" and go into very low power mode (after all what filing cabinet or chest of drawers require continuous power to store things?)

StyleBBQ and SacredGlade like this.
  10. markis007

markis007 Lieutenant

Ability to "colorise" any block with a "transparent or tinted glass" color. i.e. this will eliminate any issues about windows as any block can become a window (glass blocks). Also the windows can then inherit the strength, durability and crafting requirements of their block type. e.g. from plastic and wood through to combat steel making windows available to all levels of players.

11. markis007

markis007 Lieutenant

Prior to Alpha 9 you could paint and texture the sides of growing plots but now that tool does not work on growing plots
    This makes growing plots stick out when visible in ceilings as you cannot change the color or texture of them.

12. markis007

markis007 Lieutenant

I would love to be able to acquire the Zivirax "hacking tool" that allows you to capture a base or POI. The hacking tool to capture the core should have the same requirements as used by the Zivirax ..... i.e. take a defined amount of time without being attacked, all external defenses must be offline or disabled and only work on player bases if the player is online. i.e. preserve the offline player mode. and work on POI's ...especially Abandoned ones to allow them to be "taken over".

This would allow for interesting "infiltration" missions.... and perhaps allow enemy faction territory to be reclaimed?

13. markis007

markis007 Lieutenant

BTW - is there any way these suggestions and posts can be tagged with the alpha release version (a number of past suggestions have been implemented in later releases and so filtering suggestions on release version can be handy).

14. markis007

markis007 Lieutenant

A very useful base spawn feature would be to have a "ghost" stage which you can walk around to examine the borders and location for exact positioning. It is very common and easy to spawn a base in the "wrong" position/rotation or not quite at the right level. Being able to walk around it (or fly using your drone would be an invaluable positioning improvement). Also a tick box to "preserve air or free space" for structures that are meant to be placed underground would be very useful too.

15. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Captain

16. Track Driver

Track Driver Rear Admiral

I've been advocating the "built-in" look for some time now. Bunks should be included. Also, the outside of toilet and shower blocks should be texturable to blend with surrounding blocks as desired.

StyleBBQ and Kassonnade like this.
  17. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Yes, "bunks", like crew quarters that fit in a 1 block space (BA/CV), with a bed, locker, water unit encased in the wall, etc. So instead of trying to make a ship look "military" would be much easier. Now all furniture and many device look like they belong in cottages or villas, not on a space ship.

18. StyleBBQ

StyleBBQ Captain

Reminds me of some of the barracks we had in the military. One of the newer, 'roomy' ones had 3 guys per room. There were 3 'bays' per room, radial so one bay was North, one East, last South, foot of the beds facing the common area & bathroom. Each bay held your bed, small desk & 6' tall locker for gear/clothes. Bays were roughly 7' deep x 6' wide.
    And if I had to guess, 2-man NCO shipboard quarters weren't even 3m x 3m, more like 8'x7', though no shower/sink/toilet.

19. Track Driver

Track Driver Rear Admiral

Exactly!

20. cpontin

cpontin Commander

Can we get single border and borderless diagonal heavy window blocks please?

This would mean the bars seen across this window could be removed.
    CreativeCoop3_2019-09-13_11-22-43.png CreativeCoop3_2019-09-13_11-22-50.png

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    jesterjunk likes this.