Builders Wishlist

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Hummel-o-War, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Leftcoast

Leftcoast Lieutenant

Yes, this function needs to be added. I was thinking should also allow us to apply the plane of symmetry and the give us the option to pic geometry to be mirrored. This could have many useful sub functions too, for example; mirror all, mirror only selected, it could also have an append or replace toggle and more.

My issue with the current mirror function is that I often do a lot of deleting of blocks while fleshing out a build on the left hand side first, this isn't conducive to using the mirror function as it is now at least as best I understand.

2. Precipitator

Precipitator Ensign

My biggest wish off the top of my head would be having infinite stack sizes / not using items in creative mode. An example of a game that uses this is Minecraft in case you are unsure of what I mean. There, even if you only have one block, you will not use it up if you are in creative mode.

SacredGlade likes this.
  3. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

Still wanting an "Anti-Block" or a means to remove terrain from a large area. This would be quite useful for base-building, creating landing areas, and for creating in-ground facilities that ensure block alignment. The "Flatten" function of the drill is kind of.. meh as it exhibits its own particular behavior, and can generate some terrain that looks like bare rock, which can be undesirable in some locations.

Khazul and Monroe like this.
  4. boo

boo Commander

- new work with containers, box and whatever things that can store items

with mass and weight On, how my little fridge in my sv can store more ammo than a ammo box ?, can you upgrade the ammo box to store more ammo than a ... fridge ?

5. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

There are three types of Container Controllers. The standard Container Controller than everything goes in, the Wood and Ore Container Controller that Harvester devices (Drills/Laser Drills/Lawnmowers) deposit what they harvest into, and the Ammo Container Controller that, yep, works like an ammo box.

All three of these can be Extensioned to tremendous capacity.

Here's the thing: When placing Container Contollers and Extensions, you want to place the Controller first, then the Extensions. IF you do it the other way around, the Extensions do not register with the controller. This is, however, easy to fix: simply remove one adjacent Extension (touching the Controller that is not registering correctly) and replace it. This will reinitialize the Controller and it will show the correct capacity.

6. Doc 447

Doc 447 Ensign

Would it be possible to have the same behavior for Asteroids as what is in place for Mining Ore on a planet. On a Planet (or moon) when you deplete an ore location, it's automatically removed from your map. However if you mine out an Asteroid it stays on the map. Even if you take everything crushed stone and all.

7. jesterjunk

jesterjunk Captain

The marker for each asteroid is not removed because each asteroid regenerates.

Each asteroid in space is counted as an Point Of Interest (POI) entity, and just like regular POIs, when they are damaged a timer starts after which the POI is regenerated.

The default is every 3 hours after first damage for asteroids.

After the timer runs out the asteroid should regenerate / replenish.

Example from one of the playfield.yaml files for an Orbit playfield:

Value: 180 = 180 minutes = 3 hours
    Code:
       -  Type: AsteroidVoxel02Promethium
          Prefab: AsteroidVoxel02Promethium
          Name: Promethium Asteroid
          Pos: [-3937, -3027, -2603]
          Properties:
          -  Key: RegenAfter
             Value: 180

8. Shadex Demarr

Shadex Demarr Lieutenant

Would really appreciate the ability to place Base starter blocks the same way you do any other in any direction you choose. Right now they will only allow you to place them north south east or west. All other starters face whatever direction you are facing. Thank you.

9. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

Cuttings (selections) that can be saved to files outside of blueprints. They can never be pasted into a normal game, they can only be pasted onto an existing structure in creative mode (ie subject to same rules as copy/paste).

10. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

Mirroring - we already have rotate. Can we please have mirror selection about an axis.

Related, can texture and symbol mirroring be fixed to work properly? To often I have to disable symmetry due to textures or symbols not being correctly mirrored.

11. DOWStrider

DOWStrider Ensign

Something like the mobile work light but it extends the base WiFi so the ships can be further away.

Smaller copies of the furniture for hover and small vessels. I like to start with a hover vessel first and wait a while to build a bad.

Variable length landing gear so you can park on terrain that isn’t perfectly level and still have a fairly level ship.

12. Dem

Dem Commander

With A12 AI/NPC will use player turrets, now it is player turn ; Can we use alien turrets on our ships ? :D

13. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

I don't use the flatten function of the drill at all as it seems to always make a horrible mess. I wish they could do something more like the terrain smoothing in cities skylines resulting in smoothly flattened terrain. They seem to already have this to an extent for placing a base, but I guess chose to just make the drill function horribly though very coarse interaction with the voxels.

Jacoviz likes this.
  14. Ralph_on_me

Ralph_on_me Lieutenant

I was thinking about some kind of visor/post combo where you can stake the post and then you can see both how far and what degree you're at from that post. You'd have to be able to choose if you wanted the post centered or on the edge of the block like we can with the symmetry feature.

15. SmaugBR

SmaugBR Lieutenant

Hello,

Just a quick request. Please, allow us to:

Plant Fiber > Spoiled Food > Bio Fuel

instead of:

Plant Fiber > BioFuel

It avoids us wasting stockpiled Spolied Food and gives us a better way to produce fuel from surplus or food which spoils during missions.

Thanks.

16. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

How about a slider in game options, not on a yaml, to turn CPU off in creative.

Think about players.

Why would a player who plays in survival, either SP or MP, doesnt matter, with CPU off, , , want to then play with CPU on in creative ?
    Go figure.

Is it not more logical to simply allow each player to decide without making one option much harder than it needs to be, in an attempt to steer everyone onto CPU by default ?

17. Balthazod

Balthazod Lieutenant

I never got to work either

18. Balthazod

Balthazod Lieutenant

Auto detect edges so so blocks start in a logical orientation they always seem to be in the position that requires the most effort to get them to line up with the existing block.

Jacoviz likes this.
  19. Nerd01

Nerd01 Commander

Hover vessel dynamic is ok, but we need more options. Some regular wheels would be a nice start. Some tank tracks and mech legs would be perfect. Although these are technically new blocks, they will also require new mechanics to work so not really off topic. 3 different type of each would be good, 3 different sizes for wheels and tracks, 3 different types of legs like chicken walker and humanoid leg. They dont have to be too big, something between avatar movie mech legs and star wars at-st legs would be enough. Mechs would also make combat more immersive. Hover craft not really good at close range combat, which almost always what ends up happening with any fight.

Jacoviz likes this.
  20. foxi5

foxi5 Lieutenant

- When the 'N' key is pressed, it locks your rotation, movement. Understandable. But for the love of god, can the movement keys unlock you from the 'N' -freaking hold. WASD = cancel N-Lock

Alendi Istari likes this.