Building

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by EleonGameStudios, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Asheira

Asheira Lieutenant

I' also trying to figure this out.
    For now I'd leave the pillars / subterrean parts away and add them back in after spawning the BP in Survival, after when you have made some holes with a drill.

2. Dyderich

Dyderich Ensign

There seems to be issues with block placement....game goes haywire or you click a block and instead of a single block you get 2-3 blocks and they are not in the location you just clicked. Noticed that trying to place items (windows for example) is horrendous. There needs to be a simpler way of placing items so that you do not have to spend 5 minutes almost trying to get the right combination of turning, flipping and moving around just to get a piece of window the correct location, the correct orientation, etc. and what is worse, is when it always has the issue of placement being used by another object - wish there was a better way to do this.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  3. Asheira

Asheira Lieutenant

Yesterday I've noticed something like you describe @Dyderich .
    After removing some blocks the game didn't always free up the slots. I believe it was Stairs 1x2
    In Creative Mode*

Today I was having trouble to add blocks to a small and newly created SV in Survival.
    Blocks often wanted to go next to where I pointed

4. Zalrik

Zalrik Ensign

I've tried this method but SI seems to be a little buggy yet. Sometimes adding pillars under the structure will cause it to explode.

5. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

THIS Issue drives me nuts & I seriously hope it gets fixed someday.

Zalrik likes this.
  6. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

Blueprint Editor / Save Game Editor

Ok many of the guys here have plenty of time to mix and mash every small detail in a blueprint but for the majority of us time is very short, so if we could have a tool, in or out of the game don’t really matter, that we could use to mass change block in a blueprint, like for example replace all interior blocks for steel blocks, or replace all blue colored blocks for red colored blocks, would be really great.

7. Tyrax Lightning

I think it'd be more efficient to just add this functionality to Creative Mode.

Flermpick, NafreiuX, Asheira and 2 others like this.
  8. NafreiuX

NafreiuX Captain

Just wanted to leave a gratitude to devs here:

Thank you so much for drone building!!! It saves sooo much time and you don't have to worry about lack of light when building in space since the drone has a spotlight :) Before that I had to place tons of temporary lights on a structure or even build a temporary lighting structure.
    Also thanks for bright color spectrum of SI - it also helps to build in the dark :)

9. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

Yes. Very yes. Select some blocks (either by pointing, drawing a rectangle, or console commands) and then use console commands like fill, clone, flip, rotate, replace, delete, attrib...

10. Tako

Tako Lieutenant

I have a bit of an issue when repairing blocks. When I repair a block which has a pattern, it is being reset to it's original texture which is quite annoying. I need to stay replacing the textures every time and in some cases need to also change the color back to how it was before the repair.

11. archaicgentleman

archaicgentleman Ensign

I have an issue with CV, SV and HV blocks all having the same hitpoints - what's the benefit of building a big CV supercarrier if a tiny, harder to hit, more maneuverable SV can just duck in and blow it away.

Should be BSG style - need like 20 fighters to destroy a capital ship - or another cap ship.

12. Laendra

Laendra Lieutenant

RE: Blueprints. You shouldn't be able to build a blueprint if you don't have the requisite tech researched.

13. Tyrax Lightning

It DOES allow that? That sounds Bug Report worthy.

14. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

It is, but the fix will need a lot of work, because what will happen is they will make it so it doesn't let you build it without the techs unlocked and it will introduce a new bug: players won't be able to tell why, because they can't even see what components are used in the blueprint. So it will have to also generate and show you a list of things you don't have unlocked. And then for UI's sake it should also include a button to automatically unlock needed techs. And then this will introduce the "able to unlock techs even though I don't have unlock points" bug.

15. BoomPanda

BoomPanda Lieutenant

Creative: Mirror mode needs to support odd and even ship/station widths. Right now, you can only center on a block/row. This needs to be able to be set on the side of a block as well, to support odd widths.

Block rotation is clunky. Having to change axis, then rotate is annoying. Need to be able to have seperate hot keys for each axis of rotation (x/y/z).
    Blocks are hard to see when placing in low light mode, especially in the default color. Better highlighting of blocks during rotation, especially when dealing with odd shapes, would help.

Flermpick and Frigidman like this.
  16. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Agreed, but don't you mean for even widths? ;)

It used to be 6 hotkeys to rotate blocks. And it was deemed a real pain... so they changed it to 2 hotkeys. After some time, you get used to it... but they do need to adjust the 'axis line' so that its visible when the block is buried or the sides are blocked by other blocks. Many times I cant tell what rotation it will be.

Sounds good to me too. In survival mode, the person drone helps a great deal with this, but the overlay of yellow tends to wash out block surfaces even more... so yeah, definitely needs some tweaking on the visibility-before-placement front!

Flermpick and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  17. BoomPanda

BoomPanda Lieutenant

Yes, that.

I thought that was the case, but it'd been a while since I played. That being the case, I think an option setting (2 or 6) would be fair, or even "Change rotation axis with hotkey, rotate with mouse-wheel" would be a big improvement.

18. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Totally. Options for something that everyone has their own preferred-way, is good to have. Especially with something as touchy as controls.

I've used the mouse-wheel rotation in StarMade and it actually seems to work too... but also has its flaw of having to roll through almost all the angles sometimes to get the one you want... BUT, it eventually lands on it in short order. Where in EGS sometimes I'm hitting axis change, rotate roate, axis, rotate, axis over and over and OVER AND STILL dont get the right rotation! LOL!

19. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

ARG.... the Thin Slope cannot be used in a diagonal anymore without ugly gaps :(

20160522101623_1.jpg

20. Loden1111

Loden1111 Ensign

I inadvertently dropped over 300 bars of Silicon into the Blueprint/Factory hopper as the blueprint called for that many Iron. As they were not used on the input blueprint, they are just there, and there appears to be no way to get them out. I strongly suggest there be a means to retrieve them.

Thanks in advance! Great Game!