Building

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by EleonGameStudios, Jun 26, 2015.

1. harke

harke Ensign

So like in space engineer ?

2. Geneticus

Geneticus Lieutenant

Not really. SE doesn't have any kind of Tiering. and each block in SE is it's own frame. I'm talking about a typed frame that can be turned into many different blocks once the player has the parts.
    So, the Frames would be general.
    • Lighting Frame could be turned into all of the different lights
    • Power Frame could be tanks or generators
    Or :
    • Tank frame could be turned into water, O2, or fuel tanks
    • Interface frame could be turned into an O2 Station or Med Station
    • Armor fame could be finalized as exterior or interior
    More like a placeholder for several potential blocks, but not all blocks.

Or in other, other, other words you place the frame then come back later and tell it what block it actually is.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
    Shadefang and Coleo20 like this.
  3. harke

harke Ensign

Ok I understand, I'm not realy for the frame thing, but an upgrade system would be nice :)

4. Geneticus

Geneticus Lieutenant

Consider this scenario:
    I walk to one of the alien towers at the start. But I don't have the stuff to make a base out of it when I take it over.
    Instead I could carry some semi-generic frames, then get the components I need from the drones nearby and make a base out of it instead of having to run back to the starter ship to make the blocks I need, then run back to the tower.

5. Geneticus

Geneticus Lieutenant

How about a de-constructor block? I have containers filled with weapons and ammo I'll never use. I'd like to get the resources back to make something else. This also applies to accidentally created blocks(wrong ship version) and components found on drones/containers.

6. Geneticus

Geneticus Lieutenant

Need some love on the constructor. A click modifier to move a stack directly to inventory would be nice. Pickup and drop is getting old fast.
    Also a move all inventory to container ( not hotbar items) would be super awesome.
    Basically better ways to move stuff around...

Eviscerator likes this.
  7. mcsproot

mcsproot Commander

Shift clicking the item in the constructor/cargo box (etc) inventory moves it to player inventory. Shift clicking an item in player inventory moves it to the hotbar, even if using a container interface.

Shadefang likes this.
  8. CthulhuDawn

CthulhuDawn Ensign

PLEASE change the coloring system, I really want to be able to color my ships like in space engineers, where I can choose the color I want and color both the normal blocks and all of the other parts :D btw awesome game

Prawn and Devlah like this.
  9. Haraldson

Haraldson Ensign

1: Dont work with that confusing shortcuts like GV SV BA and so on . . . a new Player dont understand what the system want from him

2: singelblockbuild okay but why not given forge like a 3x3 plate or a 1x5 pillar so i can build from a element system like in Rust so i can place wands and grounds and so on . . . so its easy to build in my optinion

3: more tooltipps what the game want from me . . . why cant i build on this terrain and so on . . . show the requirements and so on

CthulhuDawn likes this.
  10. McMadCamel

McMadCamel Ensign

Alot of great features, with being able to drag out a line of blocks etc to place many at once.
    I'm missing the aspect of having to weld up the placed items, i'm having a hard time with the blocks just appearing out of no where (only in survival of course) it proberly shouldent be a welder, but some sort of "matter gun" which builds the block up.

Other then that i'm enjoying it, lots of shapes to play with, and awesome with the furniture.

11. Geneticus

Geneticus Lieutenant

Maybe a self building animation like you'd see in an RTS game...

McMadCamel likes this.
  12. McMadCamel

McMadCamel Ensign

Or that :)

13. AprilMAXRush

AprilMAXRush Ensign

In fact I have found INS, DEL, HOME, END, PGUP, PGDWN all rotate the blocks is several axis.

14. AprilMAXRush

AprilMAXRush Ensign

The drill works for some items but not other. I cannot remove the fuel cell or the storage boxes once placed.

15. Geneticus

Geneticus Lieutenant

Are you right clicking with the drill?

Devlah likes this.
  16. Devlah

Devlah Ensign

When placing a new base-structure from the ESC menu, it would be nice to have the structure attached to the cursor rather than simply dropped immediately. This would allow more precise placement when creating new structures. Perhaps it would be easier to make building contextual.

For example:
    Allow players to place blocks on terrain (all blocks).
    Create a different core block for each entity type (GV_Core, SV_Core, CV_Core, BA_Core) each with it's own resource/component/power requirements and model.
    The blocks do not become an entity until the core block is placed.
    Use the existing rules for block placement to determine if a particular core can be placed.

For example:
    If you build a structure that contains a mixture of SV parts and BA parts and you place a SV core, it won't allow it until you remove the offending parts. The interface should tell the player which parts are invalid for this particular core. Since you aren't allowed to build a capitol ship on a planet (even though they both use mostly the same parts), placing a CV_Core on a structure in a planetary instance would return an invalid placement error (and it should say as much on the screen when it happens).
    Once the core is placed, and all requirements/restrictions are met, then (and only then) is the collection of blocks a single entity.

In this way, we can build both vehicles and structures from the ground up with minimal fuss.

Shadefang likes this.
  17. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

This is a pretty good idea, bulding in survival would be alot better with that system.
    I agree the ''build the block in the constructor and just place it'' system in survival is fiddly, and feels like minecraft a little.
    The MATTER GUN idea is very cool.
    It also means less work for the constructor, and in dedicated servers less work for the cpu.
    Less stuff in the constructor means the constructor menus can be cleaned up and the constructor would be much easier to learn for new players.
    The survival system becomes a little more similar to SE, but this is something SE did pretty good, so its not a bad thing, it also means people coming from SE to Empyrion will find learning the build system much faster and easier.

IN CREATIVE.

It would be nice to have a setting that allows fuel tanks to never run out of cells so building a big map with many stations, you dont have to kepp running around to each station to re-fuel it.
    It would also be really awesome if the speed limit could be raised in creative to 100m/s for suit flight.
    And it would be nice if we had a simple copy and paste system, my understanding is you guys [at Eleon ] are working on a pre-fab system, I read that as a blueprint system where you can copy and paste and upload to workshop. I hope Im right !!!

18. Ambush In The Night

Ambush In The Night Lieutenant

I totally agree with you, it will add more immersion in survival mode.
    Instant building block is nice for creative mode but I think too easy in survival. With SE, I love playing in hardcore (realistic inventory, speed produce...) because it brings a lot of challenge.

Another idea, it would be interesting to creat electricity lines to supply power at some important blocks like constructor, food processor, fridge, oxygen station, medical station... This will avoid "magical" electricity.
    Interior Block requires cables and could be used to it!:D

19. harke

harke Ensign

why not a builder like in subnautica ?

[​IMG]

Devlah likes this.
  20. BlackStar7713

BlackStar7713 Lieutenant

Good idea, but I could imagine having to run a power line to every single light could be rather annoying