Filed / Tracking Can not board Zirax ships after disabling [8195]

Discussion in 'Tracking / Filed' started by glen670618, Oct 18, 2021.

1. glen670618

glen670618 Ensign

For more information see here Bug Report Template

Build: 1.6.2
    Mode: Survival Solo
    Mode:

SERVER NAME:
    SEED-ID: Standard from Vanella

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:

Reproducibility:
    Severity:

Type:

Summary: Every time you attack a Zirax ship in any sector space. You can damage it you can even disable it. however, you can not board it. A invisible forcefield will not allow you to enter the ships.

Description:

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Jump into any Zirax controled space.
    2) Attack the ships.
    3) Attempt to board.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

Longcut, DeadManWalking and Vollinger like this.
  2. Taelyn

Taelyn Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    • Administrator
    I currently cant reproduce this. Can you please attach the SaveGame where this happens

Germanicus likes this.
  3. Garaman

Garaman Captain

This is likely the issue where knocking out the generators or core of a ship but leaving thrusters intact can mean the ship still spins, resulting in ghost blocks that show up as "container" when you point to them and block your entry. It can usually be worked around by attaching your own core and shutting off thrusters, or destroying the thrusters. Once the ship stops it behaves normally. Relogging will also sometimes stop the rotation of the ship, so loading from a savegame may not manifest the bug.

As an aside when the ships get in this mode the drone can god-mode through the entire ship at will.

4. Movado

Movado Lieutenant

This can easily be reproduced by targeting generators, and only generators, in a CV fight. It you kill all generators before the core, this issue presents itself nearly every time.

I still think the simple solution is for the game to automatically turn the thrusters off, on any enemy vessel that loses its generators. The issue is always tied to the thrusters being turned on, in the P menu.

I have 100% success in avoiding or fixing this by turning off thrusters. I also never kill an enemy CV by targeting generators. I always core during combat.

Germanicus likes this.
  5. Taelyn

Taelyn Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    • Administrator
    We found a way to reproduce it, will be fixed as soon as it's possible to do so.

6. RedScourge

RedScourge Commander

Any progress on this? This is easily one of the most frustrating issues with space combat.

...That and the one where sometimes you're firing at a ship which you cannot harm, but which can harm you, I believe because the server actually thinks it is somewhere else, so the server must think your shots are all missing, but all of the other ship's weaponry still hits you. I assume that this one was reported long ago, but I can't seem to find it.

Movado likes this.