Can you apply ownership to an Orbit or a Planet?

Discussion in 'Planets & Playfields' started by Jackall, Sep 6, 2017.

1. admiral_slapper

admiral_slapper Ensign

Agreed, with (1) it would quickly become repetitive, but (2) there's so much more room for variety in the possible experiences a player can have.

But with (1), I have an idea how that could be fun, whether it controls ownership, or is a standalone feature within the game, or gives some other unique reward:

You could make it a multi-faction instance - by this I mean you need >x players/factions to queue and enter the instance at the same time to activate it, similar to some of the popular MMOs like WOW, guild wars etc.

The players, whether on teams or solo, could be spawned at opposite points of a POI and be forced to have a first-person-shooter battle (or preset SVs/CVs?) for control of the station, various game modes could be included (king of the hill, juggernaut etc.)

2. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

I really like the Idea of a faction block :) But i also like the Idea of a "Timed Capture Point" POI that x person has to hold for so long. Variety is the spice of life! And pvp really has none as it is.

Couldnt both happen? having orbital and planetary capture modes mixed into other spaces... Kind of gives two different tiers of play. Some planets can be occupied but not captured (Pay a tax to keep others from building or mining but if they destroy your Faction Block its over :) And some Orbits could be captured (POI X gets a faction block in it... After its there for X hours they own the POI. This locks down the planets in the sector, and the benefits are a bit better because well, more planets.)

Man wouldnt that be cool for 8.0? Plant your flag and all hell could break loose hahahahaha.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017