Not a bug Can't place Block While Shields Are Being Raised.

Discussion in 'Archive (Read Only)' started by Casey, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Casey

Casey Lieutenant

Build: v1.5.3 3390
    Mode: Survival
    Mode: Singleplayer

SERVER NAME: Singleplayer
    SEED-ID: 59757

If Applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Minor

Type: Functionality Error

Summary: Can't place Blocks While Shields Are Being Raised.

Description: I've submitted a couple bug reports about shields and placing/removing blocks. With a bit more testing I've found the underlying issue. As the shields are being raised (flashing red), you are able to remove blocks, damage blocks, repair blocks, but not place blocks. Since the shields are not raised yet, and you're able to do all the other actions, you should also be able to place a block while the shields are being raised.

Steps to Reproduce: Go into a BA with shields and open the control panel by pressing 'P'. Turned the shields on and charge to 100%. Turn the shields off. Wait for the shields to go red. Turn the shields back on. Wait until the shields start to flash red. Try to remove a block and you will be able to. Try to put the block back and you'll get an error message "No Possible. Please deactivate polarized hull shield first". Press 'P' and confirm the shields are still flashing red and not raised yet. Go back to ship and shoot a block, and damage is taken. Use the Multitool and repair the block. Try and place a block again, and you get the error message again. Press 'P' and confirm the shields are still not raised.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, and other Relevant Information or Download links:

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
  2. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Not a Bug - you have to switch off shields before placing or removing Blocks and Devices.

3. Casey

Casey Lieutenant

Germanicus - turn off the shield. Then turn it back on. While the shield is activating (flashing red in the control panel), you can remove, damage, or repair a block, but you can't place one. Since the shield isn't "on" yet, it is a bug that you can't place a block.

4. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Why should I? Usually I do repairs when I am in a safe location. In MP it might be a thing, in SP not so much.

An Example:
    Repair a ship(repair bay), Switch all off.
    Replace blocks/Devices, switch of shield.
    Simple as that.

That you can't place a Block while the shield is charging...
    Ttake it as a warning sign that you - accidentally or by choice - tapped X while working.