Can't replace or delete forbidden blocks

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯, Oct 4, 2019.

1. nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯

nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯ Captain

So i have this huge CV (sc=191) I sarted building it in Alpha 7 but it contains forbidden blocks.

When i use prefabinfo it says the forbidden blocks are: WalkwaySmallBlock (Walkway & Railings)

I replaced all of them i found (round about 900) but still it still says, it contains forbidden blocks.
    So i tried the replace command like >replaceblocks ID WalkwaySmallBlocks empty<
    then it says: replaced 0 blocks
    Still i saved it and checked it again with prefabinfo
    As expected it didn't work. So does anyone have an idea how i may delete or find the forbidden blocks?

2. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Hard to help you without having the blueprint or knowing what you put in there...

nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯ likes this.
  3. nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯

Hey, first thanks for responding but i am not sure what you mean but i give it a try.
    The Blocks that are causing trouble are the old Walkway & Railing Blocks that were useable for HV, SV, CV and BA. These days (/Alphas) there are two kinds of Walkways, those for HV & SV and those for CV and BA.
    So the >replaceblocks< command somehow doesn't work it replaces 0 of the blocks. therefore i am looking for another way to find these damn old blocks or any other way that spares me to search the whole ship again and again.
    I still can send you a copy of the Blueprint if you can tell me what you want to do with it / how it helps.

4. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Tell me if I understand you well.

You replaced faulty walkway blocks (~900 of them) but when searching with the prefabinfo command, it showed there were still forbidden blocks, but you don't know what kind of blocks these may be, since the replaceblocks command returned "replaced 0" regarding the Walkways and railings?

I'm trying to remember what other categories of blocks/ devices could be deprecated since alpha 7, but would be best - and tedious - to check the release notes since alpha 7...

5. RazzleWin

RazzleWin Rear Admiral

Don't forget plants. Those still trip me up when I make changes in game and forget to remove them before saving.:eek:

Kassonnade likes this.
  6. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Ok. I searched the localization.csv file for the right names to use with the replaceblocks command (I hope).

For the "blocks group" the name is "WalkwayBlocks".

The other blocks names are the following:

RailingDiagonal
    RailingDiagonalGlass
    RailingDiagonalGlassInv
    RailingL
    RailingLGlass
    RailingLGlassInv
    RailingRound
    RailingRoundGlass
    RailingRoundGlassInv
    RailingSlopeGlassLeft
    RailingSlopeGlassLeftInv
    RailingSlopeGlassRight
    RailingSlopeGlassRightInv
    RailingSlopeLeft
    RailingSlopeRight
    RailingVert
    RailingVertGlass
    RailingVertGlassInv
    RampSteep
    WalkwaySlope
    WalkwaySlopeNew
    WalkwayVert02
    WalkwayVertNew

So just in case you require other specific block names, they are all in the localization.csv file, 1st column

...\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Content\Extras\localization.csv

---------------------------
    Edit: if you attach your bp to your post I can check it for you.

7. nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯

Kinda yes, the thing is the prefabinfo command still says the forbidden block(s) are WallwaySmallBlock (Walkways & Railings) despite the fact that 0 of them get replaced and that i replaced all manually ( of those i found, this thing is really huge. Theoretically it could be that there is one railway that jumped into a hollow wall because of an error or a misplaced symmetry plane)

Still i am confused that prefab tells me waht kind of blocks are forbideen but the replace command doesn't find any.

There are no plants.

8. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

The WalkwayLargeBlocks and WalkwaySmallBlocks are "group" names, not the specific block names. The specific names start at line 145 in the localization.csv file, while the "group" names are at lines 3938 and 3939.

You could also try to re-install an older version of Empyrion (in the "Betas" tab, Steam) and remove the blocks with the command from there ?

9. nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯

Thanks that might be worth a try, i just hope that there are also all the old names but should be as otherwise they couldn't work anymore right?

Thats very kind of you but until this giant beauty is finished i sit on its blueprint like a pinguin on its first egg.

But here you have a screenshot, on the left you see a Hakon aka CV_Prefab_Tier4a Birdplane 9.3_2019-10-04_03-17-55.png

Kassonnade likes this.
  10. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

I think they kept the old names, but only added a flag for "large" and "small" blocks groups. So the prefabinfo might give you only the "group" name of faulty blocks, but will not replace the whole group; only individual block's names.

11. nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯

Also a good Idea, i will try the other one first then this one tomorrow or on Sunday :)

12. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Maybe you already saw this, but just in case you didn't (as the old "help" page I bookmarked doesn't exist anymore):

https://empyrion.gamepedia.com/Replace_Blocks_Command

13. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Walkway & Railings might look like half windows. They are usually placed as fences inside vessels.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  14. nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯

Birdplane 9.3_2019-10-04_17-06-05.png Okay now its getting weird i placed all the Large Walkways & railing in a line on my Ship to see the names of the allowed blocks. Then i just wanted to go through all of them replacing a not represented walkway name with one that i have in my line.

And i ended up with tht screenshot above. On the right you see <WalkwayVertNew> that i replaced afterwards again. on the left you see what the first placed <WalkwayVertNew> that was changed to <WalkwayVert02>. As you can see chaging vom <..vertnew> to <...vert02> is allowed but i can't change it back to <...vertnew> despite the fact that i can place them on my ship manually.
    So this looks like a bug to me sourced in incorrect group assignation and a Walkwayblock i haven't seen before. Or am i missing something?

@Taelyn sorry for marking you here but should i open a bug report for that?

15. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Yes please :)

16. nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯

Yeah looks like the replaceblocks command cannot help me, as the Small and Big Walkways & Railings have the same name in the localization.csv. Which is actually a bit weird to me as Small Steel block as example have their own "code" But even worse i cannot replace any block to some of the Walkway and Railing blocks as the game doesn't allow this for obvious reason.
    So my "bug" doesn't even get recognized as a bug as this whole thingy is just a result of sloppy coding? :confused:
    See not a bug bug report.

So as it seems i have two options left:
    1. Search the ship for other Walkways and Railings i have missed earlier
      (Which gonna s*** as i have some hollow walls* where theoretically some unwanted Blocks could be hiding)
    2. Use the replaceblocks command to delete all walkways and railings
      (Wich gonna s*** as that would be ~1000** Walkways and Railings i would need to build in again)
    *Funfact: "some" means here that the whole ship has a double layered hull.
    ** Do 1000 out of 240000 matter?

PS: Yes i know a ship of this size isn't really useful for playing at all but it's fun building it. And someday i want to fuck up a small Server that forgot to enforce a size class limit with it.

This old Picture shows "proof" of the two layers: 20180828002044_1.jpg