PLZ Retest and Re-Report Cant Resume Story Mission

Discussion in 'Archive (Read Only)' started by Nerd01, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Nerd01

Nerd01 Commander

Build:1.5.3. 3390
    Mode:Singleplayer

SEED-ID:144103

Reproducibility:
    Severity:

Type: Story mission

Summary: Story mission ancient revelations doesn't resume

Description: Started the mission, realized I was short on supplies, returned the planet, gathered stuff and did other missions. But mission didn't resume. I tried to start it with pda commands, but it also didn't work. Then I reset the mission, returned the start point but it also didn't work. I did took some parts including the core of the poi sv, though that might be the reason why it didnt start. There was an option to resume a mission before.

Is there a way to recover from this?

Regards.

2. Nerd01

Nerd01 Commander

I dont understand what kind of info needed. I started a story mission, decided not to proceed yet, did other missions, returned the mission area but couldn't resume game.

3. Nerd01

Nerd01 Commander

Ok. Started a new game, did tutorial missions, got to first story mission. Did couple of steps, and then changed the mission. Now cant resume the story mission, like the last time.

4. japp_02

japp_02 Commander

You say 'other missions'. What do you mean? Or you are following a mission script or you don't and AFAIK you have to do the story missions in the right order, but you can always check the resume point (and the log) in the PDA. If you have deactivated a mission in the PDA you must reactivate it or the mission will not play out.
    If it's not that, then you have missed to go to a waypoint and interact with something, check onscreen in the lower right to see the instructions. In some places you get a waypoint only if you are near enough, that depends on the particular mission.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
  5. Nerd01

Nerd01 Commander

[QUOTE="japp_02, post: 440518, member: 34159" If you have deactivated a mission in the PDA you must reactivate it or the mission will not play out.
    [/QUOTE]

Other missions are the ones you do for zirax, polaris or talon; they are the short ones. When you have a story mission; if you pass to any of other missions, story mission deactivate and there is no way to reactivate it. It only shows th previous entry on story mission and if you don't remember where to go or what to do that's a dead end.

6. japp_02

japp_02 Commander

What if you click on the main chapter? Maybe it's here where you need to re-activate them? If not then it seems to me a serious bug, be sure to send in a savegame so a dev can reproduce your steps.

7. As far as I'm aware,
    If it is a story mission that is activated by the game, as most of them are now, you can't reactivate it once you deactivate it for another mission.
    Most if not all of them have 1-time triggers that start the mission as part of the previous mission (or going to a specific playfield).
    Those triggers usually only happen once, so no way to reactivate the mission if you switched to something else.

I could be wrong, but this is my understanding of how most of the story missions work now. Once a story mission activates you have to see it through to the end in most cases or you lose it.

8. japp_02

japp_02 Commander

You can still reset a mission in the console by entering

help pda

Then chose the right command to reset a certain chapter. You should then be able to replay it as if you never did it before. I don't know however if this works in your case.

Germanicus likes this.
  9. scapino

scapino Ensign

Most of the new missions are auto-start. Just go to the planet/system that the last mission told you to go to, and the story will automatically activate.

Germanicus likes this.