Capital Vessel

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by EleonGameStudios, Aug 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arturius1967

Arturius1967 Captain

2. gekl00

gekl00 Ensign

A small attempt at making the USS Defiant.
    Built in survival ofc :D

From the beginning it was ment to be a smaller combat CV but it just grew bigger and bigger until it ended up looking like this, its pretty agile for its size and packs a punch when needed :)

You have everything you need in a CV for protection and survival.
    A perfect ship to explore all the planets.

There are more to be done on this ship but I will share the blueprint now so you can do your own modifications if you want.

Resources / Time

Iron Ingot: 4920
    Silicon Ingot: 1900
    Copper Ingot: 1850
    Cobalt Ingot: 1330
    Sathium Ingot: 330
    Neodymium Ingot: 230
    Growing Plot: 28
    Zascosium Ingot: 20
    Erestrum Ingot: 20

Total Production time: 6h 07m.

Steam Workshop
    USS-Defiant-Gen2.jpg

Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
    Rayah likes this.
  3. Ehta

Ehta Commander

Few posts back I promised to give a try at building thick-hull-properly-large-capital vessel, so here's a first try. To be honest it didn't turn out as huge as I thought, since I think you can fit everything necessary and more in half of the size of this beast. Here's a "Mini"-Carrier, with Battle Star Galactica stylish launch tubes for ultra tiny bombers. Even in a ship that is under 50 blocks long you can fit 10 goddamn bombers in, with life support, decorations, engineering, huge amount of armaments and double to triple thick hull everywhere. So no idea what would I put in even larger ship :D Oh, and btw. the color theme is "stolen" from B5 Vorlons.

Bottom deck is lifesupport and engineering, second is the flight deck, with hangar and launch tubes, bridge is on the top for even tiny amount of visibility.

Here's some pics:
    Sidepic, showing half of the bombers securely in their tubes.
    [​IMG]

Top view:
    [​IMG]
    On a approach vector with bomber:

[​IMG]

Doing turn inside the hangar:
    [​IMG]

Rearming and fueling bomber, with 4 more ready in the tubes:
    [​IMG]

Blueprint link:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=628806884

Badomen and gekl00 like this.
  4. Mysh

Mysh Captain

Danger Zone MK III

Here's the reworked "danger zone" (name explained: that's the rather silly name of a room in one of the local gyms where the "harcore training devices" have been placed =D).

2016-02-21_00014.jpg 2016-02-21_00008.jpg 2016-02-21_00007.jpg
    2016-02-21_00011.jpg

This vessel has been designed for planetary landings and as a general purpose support vessel.

- most angles are defended by cannons / miniguns / sentries
    - exit at the bottom
    - space for future expansions or to fit your needs
    - vertical warp drive to preserve space
    - more thrusters on the bottom for high g liftoff
    - constructor and food processor on board (Kitchen in center column)
    - landing pad on top
    - 2 quick access seats near the entrance, space for 6 more people in passenger compartment
    - shields-ready (preserved space in the back)
    - manouverable with 8 RCS distributed in packs of 2 at front middle and back part and 1 in each sidepod.
    - fwd cannons repairable from the inside
    - spacy cockpit with huge visibility - explore the s**t out of everything
    - looks sleeeeek
    - best name

2016-02-20_00010.jpg 2016-02-20_00023.jpg 2016-02-21_00006.jpg 2016-02-21_00009.jpg 2016-02-21_00013.jpg

have fun! :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
    Flip, Furian, Angvir and 1 other person like this.
  5. Serevanth

Serevanth Lieutenant

(CV) ISC-Eusphyra
    2016-02-20_19-30-14.jpg

Here she is, the Interstellar Carrier Eusphyra The fruit of about four months of design effort so I hope you enjoy her.

The Eusphyra is designed as a mobile base of operations meant to move from planet to planet as you and your team explore and conquer the galaxy. She supports two Manta class dropships as well as a large compliment of fighters and shuttle craft. There is a huge amount of storage space throughout the ship as well as congregating spaces for entertaining visitors, or setting up trade meetings. There are four greenhouse pods and an atrium with a fitness track around it. The interior is decorated and laid out to be efficient. Every access point to the ship has a double doored airlock to treat the atmosphere as though it is volumetric even though this isn’t implemented yet, you will often find a storage locker for emergency rations and supplies and an O2 station at most.

The main hangar bay has a closeable door (blueprint uploaded separately), and the Eusphyra also is equipped with 12 function Escape pod tubes (blueprint for the pods also uploaded separately). She is not designed for planetary landings but should have enough thrust to stay aloft in an atmosphere. A surface support base / port for her will be uploaded in the future. In the photos here I have docked her at the Migotzu Orbital Hub orbiting Ningues for scale.

I won’t go into too much detail on the rest, you can enjoy the walk through video I uploaded to preview her.

She is available on the Steam Workshop for download and subscription, or you can look me up there, also under Serevanth. I would appreciate your comments on her both here and on her workshop page. I have also attached the blueprints for her and the components that go with her to this post.

A few more spoiler shots:
    2016-02-20_19-29-30.jpg

2016-02-20_19-31-27.jpg

2016-02-20_19-32-27.jpg

2016-02-20_19-33-51.jpg

2016-02-20_19-34-49.jpg

Attached Files:

6. viking17791

viking17791 Lieutenant

It was an impressive ship, great job you have done with this:)

Serevanth likes this.
  7. Xenophon

Xenophon Commander

A small CV kind-of shaped after Romulan Warbird:

[​IMG]

Uses new hull blocks so it cant be painted completely (yet).
    Has no weapons but a lot of places you can put them with some ammo boxes already.
    Inside is suposed to have farm blocks but its annoying to have to wait hours to make some and you maybe dont even need them at the time. You can also just place hull blocks there if you want more protection from below or fill it with constructors and other things.
    Reason for no weapons and no farm blocks is so that you can use it at beginning as first CV and late game as small mobile base with farms and fancy plasma lasers etc.
    Has 5 fridges, cargo boxes, food processors, adv. constructor, oxygen station, warp drive, oxygen tank, medic station, 4 seats, gravity generator.
    Can accelerate and deccelerate very quickly and turns fast. A bit cranked on some inside rooms and has problem staying above ground on heavy gravity planets.

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=630704592

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  8. blutiger

blutiger Lieutenant

@Serevanth That is one beautifully designed ship - looks amazing! The front of the ship is reminiscent of the Terran Battlecruiser so I took an instant interest at first sight because of that.

The design of your rear thrusters looks spectacular and the white outlines around the outside of the hull are pretty cool! Man 4 months of labor - your effort definitely shows through and through much props to you for being able to build such a gargantuan beast of a ship. The component/module aspect of it is interesting. Will definitely be checking that part out.

I'll be taking this for a test run (in creative of course, I can only imagine the blocks required to build this!).

Thanks for sharing your hard work and please keep sharing any other creations you might dedicate yourself to. Thanks!

Serevanth likes this.
  9. redbaron

redbaron Lieutenant

Looks great, I am starting one sa well though not nearly as far done.. let me know when you are done I would like to see what you have come up with

10. Serevanth

Serevanth Lieutenant

Thank you very much for the compliments. I would very much like to know what you think when you've checked it out. I have not saved up enough in survival yet to build it but for its size I think it's resource cost is surprisingly low.

It weights in at just over 50 Kt and pulls just over 9mw. That power consumption can be significantly cut by pulling out the antennas I used all over in decorating. Did you know they pull 20kw each it's unreal and they don't do anything!

blutiger and redbaron like this.
  11. Ehta

Ehta Commander

Here's something I used my weekend on. Largest ship I've built so far, it's getting already so large that I'm running out of imagination on what to put inside. Continued with same color theme and general shape as with the carrier.

Features 2 to 4 blocks thick hull, with armor plates inside as well, living areas that can house whole armies, enough turrets and armaments to pulverize small planets, small hangars can house 12 Mini-Bombers or Mini-A' and main hangars are big enough to park two Mammoth tanks or Swedish Volvos inside :D

Next thing would apparently be a small vessel large enough to actually fill those hangars. Here's some pics:

[​IMG]
    General shape

[​IMG]
    Front-quarter pic:

[​IMG]
    Two Mammoths and few small vessels in port-side main hangar

[​IMG]
    Starboard side main hangar with Volvo inside with small fleet of Mini-A's and Bombers.

Link:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=630889998

12. redbaron

redbaron Lieutenant

thanks for the input on the antennas, if you note any other power drains let us know!

13. eninrebmun

eninrebmun Commander

These are a couple of CVs I use in survival. They are based off a ship platform by WarMachine (Corsair) posted earlier in this thread. They have been updated, so check his workshop for the latest builds.

I was looking for a small CV to scout out and mine/hunt on hostile planets. My small CV designs just didn't look good, and I really liked his, so I stole... er... borrowed the platform and modified to suit myself. Eventually I decided to expand it and live full time in the extended version. So now I have both models. C2-S (meaning my second CV and S for starter), and C2-E-S (extended with farms and a hangar). Yeah - exciting naming schemes. ;-)

Blueprints are in my workshop:
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198004723825/myworkshopfiles/?appid=383120

Attached Files:

WarMachine and Angvir like this.
  14. Angvir

Angvir Lieutenant

The second picture looks like the Cobra MK III from Elite: Dangerous. I like it!

15. WarMachine

WarMachine Captain

Posting this to help someone out, but anyone is free to use. Its to help beginners that want to build big, just build your hull around it, delete the colored/excess blocks, and then build the decks. Its +max (over 1/2km long) length front to back, 100 blocks wide, rotation and power ready. It mostly just a 6 point spike with markers for front, back, and top to keep oriented while building the hull. Sizing tip; use a SV to measure the lenth you want your ship. Place the SV next to the core then move 1/2 length you want your ship away from the SV, cut out blocks there and make a new marker on each side.

Moved to workshop
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=632375923

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
    blutiger and redbaron like this.
  16. Ehta

Ehta Commander

I've been crafting gazillion different small vessels and kind of needed something that can ferry a fleet of them into any other planet for getting nice photos on the blueprint and yes it's important :D I've also come into conclusion that capital ships with weapons are kind of silly. They seem to make barely any more damage and turrets seem quite pointless compared to the resource cost they end up eating, unless you have tons of players aboard (and even then the bug prevents you from landing and leaving planets due to restriction that you can't leave players behind on planet. This bugs currently if you have turret on the ship, it will complain that you are leaving someone behind even if everyone is aboard in passenger seats) Anyways I continued on the general shape and color them of the carrier and cruiser on this large-ish cap ship.

So here's The ORAS-V, Orbital Rearm And Supply-Vehicle. It can ferry any sized small vessels (would also be able to carry small capital ships, but alas you cannot currently dock cap ships in the other cap ships) between planets and there's enough space to rearm, repair and supply any kind of vehicles on the deck.

Landed on Akua:
    [​IMG]

Flight deck illuminated on Omicron orbit:
    [​IMG]

Blueprint link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=632127715

17. WarMachine

WarMachine Captain

So finally she's here, the Martian flagship MCRN Donnager at full scale.

MCRN Flagship, the Donnager from Syfy's The Expanse - Full scale 1/2km long

PvP and PvE combat capable. This isn't a joke; reinforced hull, armored core room, protected and centralized engendering, powder room (Ammo room), and fuel room. There are two back up engineering and fuel chambers along with a spare powder room. Well over 5 to 10min of being hammered my the AI alien station and satellites (not fighting back) she only had minor damage. Flipped the guns on and she wasted everying in 30 sec.

Mars hates Earth because they have a bigger fleet, Earth hates Mars because they have a more advanced fleet.
    The Donnager is the flagship of the Martian Navy, and their war deterrent. It was the most advanced and powerful warship in the Martian fleet until its destruction. It housed over 200 marines, multiple shuttles, and up to 4 MCRN corvettes, including the MCRN Tachi. Like all expanse ships, its a stacked design like a skyscraper (still forward is forward during flight).

A lot of decks, along with empty spaces to build in. I built the rooms that where needed and some set peices, but many more can be added. The hangar is massive, just removed the blocks to open it up. The cockpit is in front of the RCS units on the bridge. It can go planet side, but I do not suggest it. If you do take her planet side, land her on the tail engines As per lore it was built in space and only ment for space. It can reach max speed, but turns like a whale.

I don't think their is enough resources on a survival server to build and maintain this unless you have a large and dedicated faction, but she would make a killer base of operations. 77,700 blocks 111kt 900mw

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=632591925
    2016-02-25_00028.jpg

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  18. redbaron

redbaron Lieutenant

Very nice work!

WarMachine likes this.
  19. eninrebmun

eninrebmun Commander

Mother of god. I got so lost in there. Amazing build. I think I finally ended up in some sort of gravity vortex in one of the lower engine nacelles. Glad I was in creative, or I'd have died from sudden falling stops many times just getting through that thing.

WarMachine likes this.
  20. blutiger

blutiger Lieutenant

@Serevanth Will do! Yeah I recall hearing about that watching a video on YouTube (antenna power drain) . Looking forward to giving it a whirl this weekend if I have some free time and will definitely give you some feedback.

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.