Capital Vessel

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by EleonGameStudios, Aug 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flip

Flip Captain

It takes forever. Did that with my first CV and took over 3 weeks. Im over it and ready for a way to implement our blueprints in survival without cheating xD

2. Times05

Times05 Commander

Would be cool if we had some sort of resource counter. For example, here's a blueprint of a ship/base and this is how many of each block/resource it needs. Sooner or later devs will have to implement something like that if blueprints will ever work in survival.

Rannoc McMaulin likes this.
  3. Flip

Flip Captain

Any chance you will share the BP? I'd love to explore this ship.

4. Flip

Flip Captain

I just checked out your ship. I love how you did the Sickbay and Storage room. Hope you don't mind if I borrow that idea. :D

5. Arturius1967

Arturius1967 Captain

Here is it,

the most scary, deadly and mysterious alien ship in the Sci-Fi history,

Shadows Battlecrab

from the "Babylon 5" movies / tv-series.

It's huge: width 300 m , length: 180 m, Height: 80 m
    and heavy, Weight: 37 Kt.
    Building time: 2 weeks

I used every free space inside the ship to add RCS's, but it's still barely moving.
    Roll and pitch are acceptable, but yaw is poor.
    Use arrow-keys for better moving.

Best use as mobile space base.
    It has all you need for survival.
    All thrusters are hidden.

2015-09-16_00002.jpg 2015-09-16_00003.jpg 2015-09-16_00004.jpg 2015-09-16_00005.jpg 2015-09-16_00006.jpg 2015-09-16_00007.jpg 2015-09-16_00008.jpg 2015-09-16_00010.jpg

2015-09-16_00009.jpg
    2015-09-16_00006.jpg

You can find a reworked version of this ship in my workshop:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=667066263

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
  6. Times05

Times05 Commander

That is AWESOME. Great work!

Piddlefoot has an awesome Narn Cruiser and I'm working on larger version of Hyperion Class Cruiser (earth alliance). Now we need Omega Class Destroyer (earth alliance), Whitestar, Minbari Sharlin, Centauri Primus/Vorchan ships, something from Vorlons, and of course Babylon 5 station to complete most of the major Babylon 5 vessels.

Honestly, Shadow vessel must have been hardest to design. Vorlon vessels are a bit weird and difficult too, Whitestar has a bit too many smooth arcs.

Boronrus likes this.
  7. Arturius1967

Arturius1967 Captain

Thank you!
    Yes this was a really hard work. The hardest since I started to build ships for this game.
    Especially, because we actually dont have the possibilities to load pictures or models into game for reference.
    what I was doing, I built a draft, then made a screenshot and compared it to a reference picture in my paint software,
    adding a half transparent layer to the screenshot.
    This helped me a lot, but building these feelers was still pain in the hell with the cubes ;)

Image1.jpg

Cain and Memphis like this.
  8. Flip

Flip Captain

Wow. I bet few have thought to replicate that ship before. Nice job.

9. Kaloriaa

Kaloriaa Commander

Wow nice.

10. Times05

Times05 Commander

BTW I fixed it up a bit on the inside. Removed like over 200 RCS.... added a few generators(5) and about 30 small thrusters (you literally had none to the sides), and that thing turns a lot better now, weight is 19ish kt (about 1/2 less).

So it's about as maneuverable as most CVs that size if you want to take a look I'll upload the modified interior version here.

Part of the problem I think was weight, then lack of side thrusters, the biggest was probably lack of power to run all those RCS you had before. That many shouldn't be necessary, even the biggest ship should have below 20.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think there are still too many engines (up/down and forward/back). Only need like 2-3 big ones at the most in each direction.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
    Phoenix, Cain and Arturius1967 like this.
  11. blooddragon606

blooddragon606 Captain

20 bucks says I can buzz through that hangar at 100m/s without making a dent. Hold my drink...

SkyMonster93 likes this.
  12. Memphis

Memphis Lieutenant

This is one hell of a great job. Can image how pain it was to develop ;-)

13. Rannoc McMaulin

Rannoc McMaulin Commander

Retrofitted the MS Hammer to make better use of space. I also wanted a repair bay / workshop for zero G building.
    Changes:
    • Grow area is now up front
    • Forward thrusters have been moved to the side hangers
    • Old forward thruster location was opened up to make a large hanger.
    • New hanger opening is 7 x 3, can be 7 x 4 by giving up some crew area.
    2015-09-11_14-36-07.jpg 2015-09-16_13-57-43.jpg

Attached Files:

SkyMonster93, Lealu, Flip and 2 others like this.
  14. Cain

Cain Ensign

Nova9.png Nova1.png Nova8.png Nova2.png Nova5.png Nova6.png Nova7.png Nova3.png I have attached my Nova Dreadnought EAS Firestorm as she stands (see zip file). She has a couple rear turrets missing and the interior is.... utilitarian. But she is beautiful and certainly has some "Empyrion CV" engineering principles to impart. For instance I'm proud of the relatively hidden "max visibility" bridge, recessed weapons (protected), and would have been proud of my hull design (2 ablative + 1 maintenance crawlspace + 1 inner hull) had it not made her to heavy to turn... Or perhaps she'll make good target practice for a battle crab :). Either way enjoy!

I abandoned her given the unwavering maneuverability challenge. Ironically I was reading up on them and found this excerpt which just sums it up too perfectly:

"The first Nova was defined "maneuverable as a wounded hog" after her shakedown cruise. But there are less maneuverable ships, fielded even by more advanced races. The Nova N, and the Nova Beta, have a decent linear acceleration, given their enormous mass, and a lot of power available: their maneuverability is hampered by the fact that they are slow to yaw and to pitch up or down."
    --http://efni.org/Nova_N.htm

Been focusing on my white star lately with priority given to keeping her as light & maneuverable as possible with armor where it counts and with enormous forward facing fire power (ie rockets) -- in short a minimum crew capital ship killer. Someone mentioned the difficulty of "organic" surfaces and curves for the battle crab and white star. My only response at this time is "yep". Amazing battle crab by the way!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
    Texmaster, Memphis, Times05 and 2 others like this.
  15. Bender

Bender Commander

I try your ship, but sorry, i dont like it. Thrusters inside? Really? And very chaotic rooms. Control panel i very funny too. Sorry man

16. Arturius1967

Arturius1967 Captain

You probably dont even know, what this ship is.
    And there is a good reason for hiding the thrusters...
    ... if you build replicas.

@Cain: great job!
    Thx for sharing

Cain likes this.
  17. Bender

Bender Commander

sorry Arturius1947 but thrusters in the ship are nonsense, they could meltdown blocks and hurting people in finally version of this game. therefore i think i know what I am talk about

18. magnusshields

magnusshields Commander

I like to buzz out the hanger backward honestly that way I don't spill my coffee. Unless you are saying you are going thou the back wall lol

And sorry haven't posted the small CV yet been busy at work.

Flip likes this.
  19. Arturius1967

Arturius1967 Captain

Not if there is enough room behind them. Anyway, It's a game and if it works, why not use it ?
    If you are searching for more realistic physics, then you should play Space Engineers, if you can handle all these bugs.

If you say so ;)

I'm looking forward to your great ship creations / builds.

Rannoc McMaulin and Flip like this.
  20. Bender

Bender Commander

i build many ships, but i build only escape Pods and dropship, no CV, i will just said my opinion. i dont thought that bad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.