Capital Vessel

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by EleonGameStudios, Aug 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mana_Sean

Mana_Sean Commander

The Quasimodo. As usual I like to build so all systems are accessible. Unfortunately workshop is broken so can't publish it. Hope they fix it soon.

Edit: Seems the plants were causing the issue with the workshop somehow. Removed them and published without a problem.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1484931501

CVQuasimodo.jpg CVQuasimodo1.jpg CVQuasimodo2.jpg CVQuasimodo3.jpg CVQuasimodo4.jpg CVQuasimodo5.jpg CVQuasimodo6.jpg CVQuasimodo7.jpg

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
  2. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Updated my flagship CV Anax for the 3rd anniversary update of EGS. All turrets are retractable and added an artillery cannon. Flash lights are used to help on front hangar SV landing and rear HV entrance as well.

Anax 3rd person view.jpg Anax blueprint cost.jpg Anax bridge.jpg Anax control panel.jpg Anax core & warp.jpg Anax front hangar door.jpg Anax lower.jpg Anax operational statistics.jpg

Anax.jpg

Siege Inc., Mana_Sean and NOLOS like this.
  3. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Attached Files:

4. Kahrek

Kahrek Captain

So I took one of my old and admittedly unpopular designs tore up the inside and made a micro CV in two flavors, the standard which unlocks at level 10 and the deluxe that adds mining lasers and a multi turret. These ships are built in 8.5 and make use of the retractable (and now textureable) turrets.

The standard version has the exact same hull layout with the mining lasers, multi turret and repair station replaced by placeholders. Signal logic for the turrets is available on both versions that make it so the multi turret only deploys when the cannon turrets retract. Both ships contain all the CV amenities one would expect for survival in space (minus the repair station on the standard version).

Built from ultra deluxe tissue paper these ships are comfy rides but not made for combat. A link to each version is provided below.

Thoughts and comments or even scathing rebuke are all welcomed.

Cheers,

Kahrek Laume.

Kiren Deluxe (1).jpg Kiren Deluxe (1).jpg Kiren Deluxe (2).jpg Kiren Deluxe (4).jpg Kiren Deluxe (5).jpg Kiren Deluxe (6).jpg Kiren Deluxe (7).jpg Kiren Deluxe (9).jpg Kiren Deluxe (11).jpg Kiren Deluxe (12).jpg Kiren Deluxe (14).jpg

*Basic version*
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1504408373

*Deluxe version*
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1504408268

5. jvpartin

jvpartin Lieutenant

Mining and refinery ship JPA-CV-34.png

JDaremo Fireheart likes this.
  6. jvpartin

jvpartin Lieutenant

7. jones99306

jones99306 Lieutenant

Mohi Sedo Industries
    -------------------------
    Capital Vessels are essential for exploring the galaxy. But, they are also bewilderingly expensive and hard to produce in the early stage. MSI is proud to release this level 10 unlock CV. There are no rare components, is cheap regarding uncommon ores, and should be fairly simple for anyone to build.

Despite its size, there are 18 grow plots and everything you need for a starting vessel. The ship is nimble and quick, but is an exploration vessel rather than a combat vehicle (too much pretty glass for that). Four turrets complete the outfit, with more hardpoints on the underside for extra firepower. The hangar is suitable for starting hovercraft, while the upper deck can handle larger sized small ships. A handy container pierces from the top to the construction area, so unloading ships is a breeze. And, plenty of cargo boxes keep your gear secured.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1504637177
    [​IMG]

8. HurtfulPlayer97

HurtfulPlayer97 Commander

Sephrajin and JDaremo Fireheart like this.
  9. Flare |UKCS|

Flare |UKCS| Ensign

I finished a small (ish) CV, designed basically as a flying hangar for moving my Heavy Assault Vehicle Intruder to and from POI's and move my DiggerHV Mole to ore sites.

The CV is called Condor (HWI TransCV Condor Proto)
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1518157608

NewGame_2018-09-23_13-36-23.png

Specs:

NewGame_2018-09-23_13-35-38.png

Has a large HV Hangar with all your work stuff nearby, like constructor, it has a small SV pad at the rear for a Scout SV (tested with my Screamer SV).
    Below the hangar is a empty space, could be used for grow plots but that is counter to the design reason of this CV, so I left the plots out.
    Above the hangar is engineering and the common room/ lounge with a med bay and crew quarters to the sides, and the main flight seat to the front with a especially generous cockpit viewport.

No pics of the inside as I want anyone who decides to have a look to discover the CV, its layout is simple to get to terms with, and the lighting and decor will let you know where you are easily.

Have a look yourself, comments and criticism all welcome.

Thanks for reading.

Vehicles used to test for size needed :

Heavy Assault Vehicle Intruder
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1507317385

The DiggerHV Mole
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1515445804

FightSV Screamer
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1514340627

Fits all 3 and still room to spare in the HV hangar .

10. Mana_Sean

Mana_Sean Commander

My workshop breaks occasionally so had to delete the other copy of this.

A "Generation" vessel designed to travel the universe. Too big to land on a planet so no HV access. Yet to populate with people and aliens but will definitely do that. I like to tinker with it as i get new ideas so contents may change.
    Edit: Also trying to fit some more fuel tanks in somewhere. Unfortunately signal logic baffles me so no signals at all. If anyone wants to do something with signals to this i would be most appreciative.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1464998423

colossus1.jpg colossus3.jpg Yes that is a swimming pool :)

colossus4.jpg

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  11. Rifter

Rifter Lieutenant

Hi guys, been working on a CV for past several weeks. I just started playing again from over a year break from the game. I unveil, the SPACECAKE!

This is a CV for your whole crew, will support a few up to a dozen or more crew members. This is not for single player, is more for a group, or creative mode. Im not up to date on alot of the newer signals and stuff since i been gone so long from game so forgive me if my levers are not as great as they could be using the newer signal logic and such...

Anyways It will support up to a half dozen SV and a half dozen HV or more if you get creative with wall and ceiling docking. So everyone can take there own vehicle from planet to planet no one has to leave anything behind, and with all the seats on the hanger deck you can deploy multiple SV and HV within seconds of landing.

Has a separate hanger inside for the captains personal escape SV with an elevator to the command center that will allow the captain to get from his seat commanding/flying the CV to his seat in the SV in less than 10 seconds, so rest assured if SHTF the captain will survive! LOL.

Its a pig on fuel, im not going to lie, so you have a lever in the main bridge which should be used for landing on a planet but turned off for space flight, the lever will toggle on and off the atmosphere thrusters, toggle them off for space flight and your fuel consumption is 10x better than what it is with all thrusters powered. And in space even with them off i consider handling and accel/decell to be more than adequate just remember you are flying a small village sized craft it handles like such!

Its durable too, can loose either "wing" engineering section and still function fine. And even if it gets so bad, from a failed attack or whatever situation that you loose the main hanger and both engineering sections and maybe even the bridge, its designed so you can cut off just the command center Hull section, slap 6 thrusters on there and it will fly, everything needed is in the command center hull for a basic small CV.

Thats the titan mid part i converted to a base in the background on the left there for a size comparison, its not a small CV.... LOL.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Anyways lots to take a look at if anyone wants to build it in creative to check it out. Hopefully i have uploaded it correctly to this post. I have tested it in both creative and survival it is spawnable. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Careful with the red alert lever in the command center, its only there for dire emergencies when you need everyone in their seats and on a turret ASAP. Because trust me the lights are so obnoxious that no one will want to look at them and will put themselves on a turret!

EDIT

I think this is the correct workshop link for this

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1525350450

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
  12. Bautisa46

Bautisa46 Ensign

20180930064000_1.jpg 20180930064000_1.jpg 20180929103758_1.jpg 20180930064000_1.jpg View attachment 50376 View attachment 50376 https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1526711352

This is an updated version of the ship found in the mine field orbiting the planet in story mode..i decided to rebuild it myself for experience..i used https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=926414080 as a reference to help with the damaged hull..This version is the original no extras or changes made like in the previous version..I did not copy and paste..it took much longer to assemble but it was worth it..

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  13. Flatliner

Flatliner Lieutenant

Neal, NOLOS, Sephrajin and 3 others like this.
  14. Paganizer

Paganizer Commander

Sephrajin likes this.
  15. Flatliner

Flatliner Lieutenant

Bigfeet, Neal, NOLOS and 1 other person like this.
  16. JDaremo Fireheart

JDaremo Fireheart Captain

Some really fantastic builds happening. Though most are a little big for my liking . . . well, I like, but too much elbow room for 1 or 2 players. LOL

I've been piddling around with one of Piddlefoot's Alpha 4 builds (heh, piddling with piddlefoot . . . LOL) . . . Anyway, and I can honestly say that it amazes me the difference in the mindset of building back then and now with the stronger blocks. After 10hrs of just converting the blocks over, I'm setting to clean out the excess and I'm finding 4-6 layers of hull blocks because of the lack of heavy blocks. There's so much more room in the ship now to truly call it a carrier. And I absolutely love the new combat grade windows. They need more shapes and end blocks for the angles, but I love what you can do.
    Here's a link to the original carrier he made, which was Bare Bones and Hull Only . . . Thank the Night Mistress . . .
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=651777280

Here's a shot of the hull after conversion, and one of the new Main Bridge with battle Bridge right below (single line of windows)
    20181004143003_1.jpg 20181004162901_1.jpg

This is one build that's going to take some time to finish, and I'm really enjoying it for a change.
    Thanks, Piddlefoot.

Sasquatch, Siege Inc. and Sephrajin like this.
  17. Bautisa46

Bautisa46 Ensign

Andipro and Siege Inc. like this.
  18. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

19. Bautisa46

Bautisa46 Ensign

I originally converted the base file into a CV..so it's the same as the base model

20. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

What for? Using the CV prefab is much easier....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.