[Challenge] Give me your tired, your poor, your block-limited vessels.

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by Slipstream, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Ivo Shandor

Ivo Shandor Commander

I would love to see the devs use this in game and give them permission to use it. I have 2 versions, 1 with O2 station and constructor and 1 without.

Attached Files:

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

In this Forum: https://empyriononline.com/forums/building-and-blueprints.30/ there's Thread for each of the 4 types of Creations named simply like "Small Vessel", "Hover Vessels", & such where ya can Submit .zip of BPs for Submission of Creations to Eleon. This is where the Devs do their looking for these kinds of Submissions. :)

rucky likes this.
  3. dpburke2

dpburke2 Captain

This is probably my favorite challenge in these forums. Not that I design for this. I have many BP, both completed and planned, that violate these restrictions, some to the extreme. But a challenge like this is a wondrous reminder that not everything needs to be that way.

Here a couple more of my BP that fit within the challenge. And they fit within because their very design either forces compliance or there is no need for them to go to extremes.

For the Phased Stroke, I must thank Dinkelsen for the inspiration.
    Now I pushed 20 thrusters for mine, but the symmetry for felt more correct this way. Built primarily as a defense post, I focused primarily on turrets that fired both in space and in atmosphere.

Creative7_2017-12-11_21-29-09.jpg

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1229204426

However, the Phased Stroke was built in conjunction with a ground base. So it wasn't just the shape of the CV that was a source of inspiration, except my CV actually lands on the landing gear.

Creative2_2018-01-27_23-07-02.jpg

The Hawk Talon is my Mini Nymph HV done up as a SV instead.

Creative2_2018-01-29_08-46-47.jpg

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1285635781

4. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

LX-1 repair-salvage ship
    [​IMG]
    UEC Slip Fighter
    [​IMG]

5. Max Archer

Max Archer Commander

I saw this thread pop up in my notifications and it made me want to take another crack at the "challenge." I decided that I wanted to build a CV that used 20 small thrusters and 4 RCS, could be built at as low of a level as possible, and used minimal resources, but which would also be a full-featured useful starter CV and would have a bit of style. Here's what I came up with:

[​IMG]

I'm calling it the Wraith - a big black flying wing needs a ghost-y name - and I like it a lot more than I thought I might. It comes in at level 10 and just over 1500 iron, and should be easy to build without leaving your home system. It flies surprisingly well, more thrusters would be nice (and I designed it with obvious places to put them) but it's not bad at all with the current setup. It's also got all the usual stuff you'd want in a CV - a cargo hold, living quarters with two fridges and a food processor, a large constructor, medic station, O2 station, etc. Oh, and it can even carry a couple of SVs or HVs on top. There's an elevator and door to get up there.

[​IMG]

Anyway, I'm pretty happy with this thing. I think it'll be my new go-to starter ship. You can check it out on the workshop here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1290267861

[​IMG]

6. Ivo Shandor

Ivo Shandor Commander

7. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

Tyrax Lightning and Ivo Shandor like this.