Change in Low Quality Render Distance?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by XLJedi, Jun 27, 2022.

1. XLJedi

XLJedi Lieutenant

Was this adjusted recently, or is there a setting I need to change now?

The render quality vs. distance (modular wing parts for instance) seems unusually short distance. I step out of the ship just to get a screen shot and if I move back even 10-ish meters (just to get the whole ship in view) the render quality of certain modular wing parts reverts to crude blocks. Some textures are disappearing as well.

Anyone else noticing this?

I mean, I can understand looking at something at distance (50-100m), but I can barely get far enough away from the vehicle to include the whole thing in one frame for a screenshot, and the modular wings are reverting to non-descript crude blocks.

I'm even losing render quality on modular wings just going to 3rd person view! LOL

2. XLJedi

XLJedi Lieutenant

I will add to this that I have "LOD Distance" in options set to "High" and it has no impact on this.

Seems like the LOD Distance is maybe bugged to always be "Low"???

3. Wanev

Wanev Lieutenant

I could be imagining it but I also feel like the render distances are a bit short. I particularly notice it with some of the decos. Textures start disappearing at just a few meters away.

4. XLJedi

XLJedi Lieutenant

They improved it in the latest 1.8.3 patch. At least I can take screenshots now from 10-20m and not revert to crude blocks.

5. Wanev

Wanev Lieutenant

Hm. Interesting. I still think the deco render distance is rather short, especially when I am running on max settings.

6. XLJedi

XLJedi Lieutenant

I think it may be a byproduct of improved graphics. On the one hand, they try to make it look nice, on the other they have to reduce the render distance to maintain performance.

7. john.dire77

john.dire77 Ensign

Low-level programming languages are your 0s and 1s. A processor can run these languages directly without a compiler or interpreter. These languages are very fast for this reason, but can be hard for humans to understand https://mlsdev.com/blog/how-to-build-a-crm

Last edited: Jul 20, 2022