changes to new touch/signal destroyed concrete blocks so these become usefull

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by sulusdacor, Dec 27, 2022.

1. sulusdacor

sulusdacor Captain

suggestions:
    1.remove any outside damage even the small AOE/enviromental dmg from the new touch/signal destroyed concrete blocks (or option to turn this on/off depending on block)
    2.let them trigger a signal when destroyed
    3.let us choose which sound this should make if explodes from a predetermined list

for general signals/very easily destroyable stuff (should include the destroyable trapdoors too)
    4.add a console command to turn these things inactive while you work on them

explanation why the suggested changes:

1. we already have big AOE and self exploding blocks. both of these do aoe dmg, even the self one does this slighty (same as the new blocks we have). in general having aoe dmg is a big problem if you want to build/do certain things with signals, because you are either stuck with adding admin core (is a workaround, aka should always be a last resort and not the solution) or "building around" the blast zone (again a workaround to a problem). the problem being there is no "clean" way to remove blocks currently. what we have does AOE. i was hopping when first seeing these new blocks they would fill this gap, but the currently do not. meaning gameplay wise they add nothing really new. i could do what these do before with the explody blocks and signals. especially when building with terrain there is no way to build around the aoe the blocks cause and the terrain deformation, so overall removing any outside dmg would give these blocks a purpose.
    or better give us an option to turn outside dmg on/off, this could just be a check box or drop down with aoe range+strength to choose.

2.yes you can do that with a motionsensor tucked away somewhere. but for quests/tasks like "clean" the rubble, break through wall etc. it would be way easier to just have a signal linked to the block and less signal blocks used when building means less loot for a player and less balancing problems.

3. pack the "stuff is destroyed" sounds we have or some other "marker" sound in a list and have a drop down menue like the NPC spawners have just for sound.
    destroy a block looking like a box -> get an appropiate sound
    destroy an explosive looking setup -> get a boom
    destroy stone looking thing -> get earth sound
    etc.
    these would be nice to do some small tasks and further improve immersion.

4.i like that they do not need a core to work, but it is really easy to accidentally destroy sth in godmode when building and checking things. if i am in a current build with not many of these then it is fine and you can simply remember. but when other people work on them or i go back to a poi i mostly forget to do changes/adjustments this is a problem. + if you have sound off you do not even notice this. so a console command for creative to shut these down when needed and turn back on please.

ravien_ff likes this.
  2. Escarli

Escarli Rear Admiral

Oh definitely this! :D

3. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

If you turn signals off in the control panel do they still trigger automatically?

4. sulusdacor

sulusdacor Captain

yes, similar to the one use trap doors. there is no way to disable these.

5. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    You can work on stuff in Godmode invisible. This should not trigger the destroy/signals at all.

@1: Will remove it (although it is only 1 HP per config)

Need to look into the other changes, but I am afraid this might not be top prio for the devs at the moment.