Changing Base Core

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MikeCobalt44, Jun 5, 2023.

1. MikeCobalt44

MikeCobalt44 Ensign

Hey Everybody :), Recently I've started Reforged Eden and I'm building a Base in Creative mode; I liked it so far but wanted to move it's location higher. I copied what I had and moved the copy straight up. Now after changing my mind I deleted the original (core & blocks) and found I cannot build the top because the copy with a now standard core still believes it's core is way down on the ground. I'd rather Not delete everything just to start over and build it all again. Is there a way to refresh or make the object realize its core is now within itself?

2. TwitchyJ

TwitchyJ Commander

Try using a multitool at this point to pick up just the core and then place another one down (not with copy/paste).

It should update and fix itself then.

3. MikeCobalt44

MikeCobalt44 Ensign

Thanks for your response. Earlier I did Retrieve that copied core and placed a standard core but the object never changed. Later on I thought copy and Lower the floor so I could continue building (specifically the top) so I copied but as soon as I pressed "Cut" the object disappeared and the panel went dark (Nothing to paste). Tried again on an earlier save but same process happened.

Since I've started a completely new base but this time *On the ground to ensure that doesn't happen again. The thing here is this base is planned to have a somewhat detailed bottom, not the usual sitting on the ground. I've had a somewhat similar situation happen before at another base. That one is very tall so I tried regularly moving the core higher so I could get the full height possible. I moved the core, added the blueprint then rezzed that but the maximum buildable height (From an earlier time) never changed. I'm just thinking am I just doing it wrong or is this a thing...

Last edited: Jun 5, 2023