Changing Reputation with Civilian and other Factions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thor'sHammer, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Thor'sHammer

Thor'sHammer Commander

Hi all!

Playing PVE and are just starting to explore other systems. I went to POL territory and found an all metal planet (WOOT!) and ran into the Civilian Hospital (& Waystation).

They are Neutral to me and I wanted to raise my rep but can't find anything in my searches, only for Zirax, Pol and Talon factions.

I know I can use the command console, but that seems a cheat. How the heck do you raise rep on a metal planet?? I killed some predators near some bases but 1. They're not showing as 'Territories', and 2. It did nothing other than kill the creature so no response to the action.

The planet is Ishrymad in the Tarro Gamma System.

Does trading raise rep? I seem to recall it used to ... or am I wacked??

Thx.

2. Treeost

Treeost Ensign

Go thru your factions list, check each one slowly. On the right side will tell you what happens when you do certain activities. I think if you look at pirates, and kill a pirate it also affects your civilian faction negatively. I am not sure I found anything to raise Civilian rep yet but it is early in my game.

3. Thor'sHammer

Thor'sHammer Commander

I'm familiar with the Factions list, but that's pretty much on the Starter planet & moon; like harvesting a tree is GOOD for Zirax but BAD for Talon.

Not many trees on an all metal planet ... LOL.

Besides, they don't show any territories on this planet, unlike the Starter, just a building plopped down with some traders inside, not "land claimed" surrounding it.

At least the Oxygen is free ...

Thanks for the try!! :)

4. Darinth

Darinth Commander

Those conditions listed in the faction list are how you do so. If they don't have the land claimed on the planet and the only methods to increase rep involve claimed land... sadly I don't think there's any way to increase rep there. You'll have to find them somewhere else where they have claimed land.

5. Thor'sHammer

Thor'sHammer Commander

Yeah, just posted a long reply on a necro post about reputation. It's got some real problems. Once you leave the Starter system you pretty much have to rely on murdering others to gain reputation.

At least they introduced the Seals of Credibility system , a good start, but as I mentioned in this post, there are ELEVEN ways to lose rep with the Talon and TWO to gain it. Kinda unbalanced ....
    https://empyriononline.com/threads/faction-reputation-loss.91936/#post-383101

EDIT: Fixed spppelling

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
  6. xerxes86

xerxes86 Commander

And the two to gain rep are pathetic.

Thor'sHammer and Yiggy like this.
  7. Torthan

Torthan Ensign

Seems like the whole faction thing is still in need of some serious development.

8. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    You actually mean the CIV faction? They are a static faction - you cannot change reputation with them.

Check the Faction Overview > all the factions there are dynamic and you can change REP

9. Snuffy

Snuffy Ensign

So one of our faction members accidentally (noobie) made us unfriendly with the free colonists .... is there ANY way to gain rep with them ?

10. jadefalcon

jadefalcon Captain

Sometimes the only / best option I found is to go to their territory and kill predators. Time consuming but works eventually.

11. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Check the factions tab and pay attention to the effects of each of the factions. Often, you can raise rep with a faction by killing members of, or destroying blocks belonging to, other factions.

As an example, I raised my Polaris rep by a considerable amount by simply going around and wrecking a few Zirax Defense Stations. It actually also raised my Pirate Clans rep as well.

I will have to check again, but I seem to recall that killing Pirates and destorying Pirate POIs will raise your rep with both Free Colonists and Traders Guild. And, of course, vice versa: killing a bunch of Free Colonists (INFERNO Nightclub anyone?) should raise your rep with the Pirate Clans.

Will check again later today to confirm.

Edit: Can confirm, in a current Survival game, killing Pirate Clans members will increase your rep with Free Colonists, but destroying Pirate Clans blocks does NOT. So go find some pirates and get to killing!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2023