Fixed Co-op crashes

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Jualter, May 11, 2020.

1. Jualter

Jualter Lieutenant

I got this crash in A12.3 or so but haven't seen it since. My brother logged on to my Coop server and then he got it too. After that, every subsequent login/server start is okay.

On a related note, I did get this in a brand new game I started today in A12.4 2891.
    Freedom mode.
    Non-modified config.

The errors say something about "dedicated" server but, just to be clear, I always run the coop server on the same computer on which I play the game.

I'll attach what I can here but see the link below for game files:

Server_Error_1.png Server_Error_2.png

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w4n5no88c4lkt53/AADNwhCoZt4KUvay3QPzlQ_ha?dl=0

Attached Files:

2. Jualter

Jualter Lieutenant

Update:

I had a friend join my 2891 Survival game (NOT the one listed in the previous post). He got the same error mentioned above, as this occurs every time for every player when they first join. I told him he could just reconnect to the server and we could go on as normal. However, he had other issues. When he loaded in, it gave him the alarm sound and messages to steer his escape pod, even though it had already crash landed before he was booted from the server. Now, it appears as though he is inside his pod, but there is no character and he could not continue play.

However, as soon as he hit the use key (default 'F'), his character appeared. Also, the tutorial mission prompt keeps appearing and, even when declined, keeps popping up, which happened to me too. Perhaps this has something to do with it?

3. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Hey can this be disconnected form the PC when trying again in the same save or a new one ?

"
    Joystick disconnected ("CH PRO PEDALS USB ").
    Joystick reconnected ("CH PRO PEDALS USB ").
    "

you may also need to remove the "inputconfig_v35" from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Saves

& let a new fresh one be generated.

1 of the exceptions I have found is fixed in one of the next releases but there is another one that I can trigger also that appears in the dedi log I'll check this out tomorrow.

4. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Please retest in the next EXP release phase 4 the exceptions in the logs have been fixed.