Collection Points. Hostile or not? Make your mind up!

Discussion in 'Experimental Features Discussion' started by Scoob, Dec 2, 2022.

1. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Hi,

Collections Points. They cannot seem to make their mind up whether they're hostile to the player or not. I visit one, look around - opening NOTHING, just looking - and am ignored by the androids wandering around. Then, suddenly several of those Sentry Bots spawn and start shooting me. I shoot back, destroying them, yet all androids remain passive, not attacking. I continue playing, just walking / jet-packing around the POI and, out of the blue one android of several goes hostile on me and begins shooting. Moments later, all is well again.

What is the intent of these places? Hostile by default or not? I've taken no initiating hostile action, androids were totally passive to me wandering around. No indiction was given that I shouldn't be there, until those Sentry Droids spawned in. Are these POI's even owned by a Faction? No new Faction was shown as discovered when I encountered the first one, I only know Pirates on this fresh Skillon start for some reason. Are these places Pirate-aligned? They don't show as such.

2. The Big Brzezinski

The Big Brzezinski Captain

Perhaps they're intended to appear decrepit and malfunctioning. Whatever purpose or masters they served was lost long ago.

Germanicus likes this.
  3. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    The Collection Points are not owned (they are set to Alien = static hostile to players). The floating robots do not have an attack, so they remain passive. Only the combat robots will attack. (Or do you mean the damaged assault cyborgs? They should actually shoot at you..)

Germanicus likes this.
  4. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Sorry, I didn't get a notification of replies for some reason.

The only npcs on this POI that would consistently shoot at me were the little rolling sentry bots - they started shooting as soon as they had LoS on me. The walking Cyborgs totally ignored me initially and I wandered around without issue...until they eventually agro'd. It's not like they didn't see me beforehand lol.