[Community Question] - CC|CE Efficient Layouts

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by Kard, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Kard

Kard Commander

Has anyone been doing any testing on finding the optimal container system arrangement, in terms of efficient use of space?
    Planning my Bases's Storage Warehouse, and figured I'd try implementing the new CE/CC system a bit more. So far, it just seems like there needs to be a gap between each group, which would require a considerable amount of building space compared to the older Cargo system.

Post your solutions, very interested.

And naturally, I'm aiming for a 'legit' solution, not the old 'park an sv/hv in the base and have the ability to store a galaxy in something the size of a bed' gimmick.

ravien_ff likes this.
  2. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

That's basically it, due to the way the devs decided to code modular storage. On the plus side, it does encourage you to firewall between storage containers.

That no longer works anyway since the volume of modular storage blocks is precisely that of the block volume (8000L for CV/BA, 125L for SV/HV). Technically, you could park large storage SVs closer to each other than you can place BA containers, but the downside would be that constructors on the BA couldn't use the SV storage.