Configuring alien turrets

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by Haravin, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Haravin

Haravin Lieutenant

I'm trying to make a colony on a zombie infested planet, and I want the colony to have autoturrets that constantly shoot the zombies. The problem is, whenever I leave the playfield, the alien turret configuration seems to reset to attacking everything, including the player. Is there something I'm missing?

2. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

So you have your base, a green player core yes ?
    And you have the turrets set up so they target alien zombie critters yes ?

And is the playfield is set to PvP ?

And is it a dedicated server ?
    Or is it Co-Op ?
    Or SP ?

As far as I can see, if you answered yes to the first two questions it should be working and you may just have a bug.
    The playfield doesn't need to be set to PvP but for some reason Ive found PvP playfields are more reliable for testing any sort of weapons.

If its a dedicated server you might be able to set the playfield so it never unloads then none of it has to unload reload and that may be a workaround for now to get it working.

I will have to go check it out and see if I can reproduce it, so the better you describe it for me the better.
    Was it a default game, like default map or scenario, which one ? All that sort of info if you can.

I will check this thread in 30 minutes.

3. SilvRav

SilvRav Moderator

And custom build or custom POI written into YAML file?

4. Haravin

Haravin Lieutenant

This is a poi. I got it from the workshop, customized it to have turrets. I want it to have alien turrets that shoot the zombies only, but they end up shooting everything that moves.

5. SilvRav

SilvRav Moderator

So you spawned it in via the BP menu and not via editing the yaml file?

if spawned in, did you set it to faction/pvt/public etc?
    also answer @piddlefoot post - he has some good questions that needs to be answered

6. Haravin

Haravin Lieutenant

How do you edit it in the yaml file? I just want it friendly to players. How do you specify this in particular? I spawned it in with yaml.

The problem is that the turret configuration seems to resset every time i load the playfield. This is for dedicated, but im usting it sp for now.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  7. SilvRav

SilvRav Moderator

ok so it wasnt via the yaml file as i know custom POI spawning via yaml file is buggy at the moment.

maybe answer piddlefoots questions and he can help

8. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

So you edit YAML files with notepad++, its free and its really a must to use it.

An enemy POI needs the Red core to stay powered and not run out of fuel, and so it will attack players.

Spawning POIs in via YAML works everytime for me so I can only assume if it isn't for you your doing something wrong on the YAML file.

We have had a lot of people try and set up POIs so they don't attack the player and just wildlife but so far I haven't seen anyone pull it off reliably.

Not sure why it resets when the playfield is unloaded and reloaded. That sounds like a bug.