Fixed in NEXT update Console key may be required to progress Clear Skies 2 but not implemented

Discussion in 'Tracking / Filed' started by TheLyric27, Apr 14, 2024.

1. TheLyric27

TheLyric27 Ensign

Build: v 1.11.5 4470
    Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME:Clear Skies (Akua)
    SEED-ID:852252

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: N/A

Reproducibility: Easy
    Severity: Medium

Type: Oversight

Summary:An unimplemented feature makes the 2nd mission of the easy scenario uncompletable.

Description: The 2nd quest of the Clear Skies questline has the Talon guard captain ask you to investigate an abandoned comms tower. Once you arrive, there is a communications console inside which you have an 80% chance of hacking successfully. If you are unlucky like me, the console will lock on a failed hack attempt and prompt you to ask IDA for help, and then you're given a tutorial prompt about hacking, F.I.R.E sticks, and console keys, which alludes to console keys being offered by quest givers or perhaps as a quest reward. However: the Empyriopedia confirms that neither of these are implemented, meaning locked consoles are permanently unaccessible, and that the storyline is softlocked. This can be worked around by manually checking the task as completed, but as a game that's out of early access, this kind of oversight shouldn't get past basic QA testing. It's the second mission of the first quest line in the lowest difficulty scenario; if there's a 20% chance to fail the hack then a tester should have backed up the save and reloaded until they failed on the first hack to make sure it was recoverable if you had bad luck.

PS: Despite the bits of jank I do still really enjoy the game so far, ~15 hours in just over the past few days (lost some hours tracked on Steam because of a power outage :/). I'll be eagerly awaiting updates and continuing to play, even if I have to come back here to report some problems :)

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Progress to Clear Skies 2
    2) Go to the comms tower and make a backup
    3) Attempt the hack and reload the backup until it fails.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Germanicus likes this.
  2. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Hey @TheLyric27 !

Thx for bringing that to our attention. I made an update to this quest for the next update.
    a) For everyone starting this mission, the captain will now give an override key so the hacking will always succeed
    b) For ongoing savegames (like yours) the captain will give you the card when you return to him and speak to him again after you already accepted the mission.

:)

Germanicus likes this.