Filed / Tracking Container listed under wrong structure [8017]

Discussion in 'Tracking / Filed' started by Casey, Jul 19, 2021.

1. Casey

Casey Lieutenant

Build: v1.5.3 3390
    Mode: Survival
    Mode: Singleplayer

SERVER NAME: Singleplayer
    SEED-ID: 59757

If Applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Trivial

Type: Functional Error

Summary: Container listed under wrong structure

Description: Container listed under wrong structure

Steps to Reproduce: Have two "structures" within logistical distance. Could be a base, HV, SV, CV, enemy structure, etc. Find a container in one of the structures and press 'F' to open it. In the screenshots I used an Alien Container (Ultra Rare) on an enemy base since a player can't (to my knowledge) create one on their ship. On the right side of the Logistics, you should see the container. On the right side, change the structure to the second structure (in my screenshot examples, I used my CV). Open the list of containers in that structure, and you'll see the Alien Container (Ultra Rare) listed.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, and other Relevant Information or Download links:

Attached Files:

2. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

I have encountered this randomly a couple of times too. With old save game 1.4 and with new 1.5.3. I did not make a bug report since there is no way to reproduce it and seems only those reproduced are being really dealt with. It is much easier to be noticed on vessels having few cargo boxes/containers.

3. Casey

Casey Lieutenant

Myrmidon - try following the steps I put in the bug report. I can reproduce it every time.

4. ASTIC

ASTIC Captain

Since you can (easily) transfer the content of a container - which you have direct access to - to your network, it is ok if it also appears in the list and of course disappears again afterwards.
    Therefore this is not an "error

5. Casey

Casey Lieutenant

ASTIC - I agree the player should have quick and easy access to the container. And when you first open the container it is listed correctly under the structure that has the container.

The problem is when the player switches from the container's structure to their CV, the container should not be in the CV's list of containers. From a usability point of view, it doesn't make sense to add a container from one structure to the list of containers for another structure. Especially when it is already quite easy to switch to any of the structures/containers within wireless range.