Control Panel: Shield defaults to ON when no Shield present

Discussion in 'Backlog' started by Phil Lofting, May 22, 2020.

1. Phil Lofting

Phil Lofting Ensign

Another nit-picky one for you, this has annoyed me for ages!

If you have no shield (any object), the Shield option on the Control Panel (CP) defaults to ON. When you set the Shield to OFF, then close the CP, when you go back to the CP it is set to ON again...

Ideally, I would have thought if you don't have a shield then the Shield setting should be locked to OFF. At the very least, it should default to OFF.

Thanks for reading :)

Phil.

runlykhel and Pach like this.
  2. Curben Justic

Curben Justic Ensign

Suggestions than bugs.

3. Phil Lofting

Phil Lofting Ensign

Hi Curben, thanks for reading my post.

In my opinion it's a bug as it's plain wrong (why override my attempt to turn off the Shield?) and not all the other options behave this way.

Phil.

Pach likes this.
  4. Vincere Aut Mori

Vincere Aut Mori Ensign

I agree that it's a bug. If I turn the shield off it should stay off. I have removed the shield entirely while trying to modify my CV and it still keeps turning back on. I have to constantly go back to the control panel and turn it off again even tho it is no longer installed. That's the definition of a bug.

dazkaz, Phil Lofting and Pach like this.
  5. Phil Lofting

Phil Lofting Ensign

Hi,

This was previously reported and still exists in Alpha 12 so, as requested, I am re-reporting...

If you have no shield (any object), the Shield option on the Control Panel (CP) defaults to ON. When you set the Shield to OFF, then close the CP, when you go back to the CP it is set to ON again...

Ideally, I would have thought if you don't have a shield then the Shield setting should be locked to OFF. At the very least, it should default to OFF.

***This also applies to the 'Lights' and 'Turrets & Weapons' options***

Thanks for reading :)

Phil.

Pach likes this.