Coop mode and solo story missions

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Siri, Jun 18, 2021.

1. Siri

Siri Ensign

Just wanted to give my 2 cents on this topic. First I would like to say that I love the game!! I exclusively play this game in coop with my hubby. When I play survival I need purpose so I like to play the story missions, I get bored real fast if I don't have a good story to follow. However I absolutely hate the flying mechanic and it makes me sick so my hubby does all the flying for me.

In past alphas, we have played the game for a few years, we have been able to play the solo missions successfully in coop mode. We recently came back to check out the new changes and story mission and our goal was to get me through the missions even if he could not do them since we know they are solo. Everything was going fine in 1.5 up until chapter 3 mission. The mission just would not start for me. I had to kick him out of the game and restart in solo to get it going. We are going to try to do it together later but if he cant help me or if we have to keep shutting the game down and restarting it in solo mode for me to start the missions that is really annoying especially since we have done these missions successfully in past iterations of the game in coop with out having to log out and log back in.

Hope the devs read this and take this into consideration to fix this.

KRanKO5 likes this.
  2. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Did you go to the trading station in the orbit and the Chapter 3 did not start? (Check the description in the pda )

KRanKO5 likes this.
  3. TheGazbeard

TheGazbeard Lieutenant

On a multiplayer dedicated server, we all had that same problem until we got the server admin to restart the server (not just the game's software server, but the whole physical machine).

Something about the start of that mission chapter has a non-start glitch dragged from the previous chapter.

4. CoopedUp

CoopedUp Ensign

It's been quite a while since I've played, but have they finally fixed/added it so you can play story missions in Dedicated Servers? Or did the one that was hosting it have to alter something in the game files to allow players to access the missions?

5. TheGazbeard

TheGazbeard Lieutenant

He edited something in the files - something about using multiplayer not random ... or something like that.