Filed / Tracking Cored ships keep flying [7746]

Discussion in 'Tracking / Filed' started by Talamar1, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Talamar1

Talamar1 Ensign

Build: 1.3 3209
    Mods: Reforged Eden
    Server: "DaBeast"
    Reproducible: Always

Has happened with Zirax Corvettes, Battlecruiser, Syndicate Munition Ships, etc.

Attack ship and disable (I go after generators), ships core destroyed, loot ship, fly away.. when I get 2-4km out, the ship will start flying around as if it was a normal ship. Approach ship and get to within 1km, ship stops moving.

2. khulkhuum

khulkhuum Lieutenant

Build: Using the most recent.
    Mods: None
    Server: Single Player
    Reproduction: Always

I can add some more info on this matter.

Recently i started a new world with Snow start planet, which surprisingly has a Zirax "Korat-Class Cutter" CV circling around the planet. This is more noticeable after you build your base, because it can start attacking it when "noticing" some activity near it (it usually travels towards the player if you engage with any drones). Additionally, it can surprise you when salvaging for example the UCH Heidenberg wreck...

One of my tactics for getting it to leave me alone was to hop onto my HV (when i didn't have an SV yet) and travel 2-4 km from it. Due to excessive range from player, it shifts to another state and starts moving really fast, ignoring anything on its path (leaving your base alone even if it was attacking it), unless back in range of player or you attract its attention again (as above). After your first encounter, you can literally see the red dot of that patrol vessel from outside of your range, not only when using the detector.

Managed to destroy its core and down it with my SV at one point, but was surprised to see "teh dot" moving again when back at base. Additionally, when salvaging its cannons and some other things, the "entity" (as an enemy on which you can't walk on) overlapped with the CV mechanics, but when i found it at another place where it "flew" (and was resting on ground, because without core duh), there was only the entity and i could walk through it, unable to harvest anything more.

Sadly, somehow that save was corrupted and i suspect that bugged CV was the reason (logs showing a null pointer exception thrown).

3. Talamar1

Talamar1 Ensign

That "entity" I believe is related to the other issue where people can't loot ships until the thrusters are all powered off or removed.