cpu and rcs

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Ronewird, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Ronewird

Ronewird Commander

Ma anaconda home base ( class 8 ) cv was counting for 50 milion with new rules.

I have check every how to make the cpu count down, so i go in creative ( a litte desperate and prone to make a new home base ) and with my surprise i see who a single rcs t2 cost more than one milion. So i change all the rcs on my ship with normal one who count " just " 75k each.

The total was "just" 9 milion and half so inside the max ammount of cpu for my max tier.

So situation look much better for me now.

Is just a litle bit extreme more than one milion for a single rcs t2 ? is it?

maybe is just a bug, becouse i will scrap all of them from mine blue prints :D

2. Krell

Krell Ensign

Nah this tragedy is by intentional design. Not even sure why the left RCS in with its function having been eliminated and transferred into a different game mechanic. Now it's just thruster placement that alters pitch yaw and roll.

Hope this helps.

3. Ronewird

Ronewird Commander

Actually help a lot....it make my blueprints much more light . I will go in creative and if engine placment work like you say. Who need rcs anymore? Lot of energy and resource safe

4. RCS is still in because there are still situations where it's necessary.
    A mining HV for example. Using thrusters alone it's not able to point the nose down to start mining. HV's can't drill down at an angle without RCS, only drill forward.

There are plenty more scenarios where RCS are still needed.
    A SV with only backwards thrusters for example. Let's say I build a SV with one thruster only. It can't turn without a RCS.

5. Ronewird

Ronewird Commander

anyway wih the new system the ships look all drunks.....really....they move like crazy people on friday night....

runlykhel likes this.