UPDATED Crashed Bird not showing location of freighter

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WesternDevil, Jun 20, 2022.

1. WesternDevil

WesternDevil Ensign

So I made it to Omicron. Didn't find the last 3 pda logs cause I got bored of searching for them, and just went to the space station to head to Omicron. I get to Omicron, go to coms tower, get sent to the village, clear the tower, head back to village, heal the parasite, talk to chief, talk to blacksmith, and that's it. The quest Story Chapter 2: Crashed Bird is visible, but it says that "Mission will be activated by game" and I should "follow the yellow 'wreckage' marker and you will possibly find a trace of your fellow comrades".

Problem is, there is no yellow wreckage marker. I've explored about half the world in a blueprint sv I had ready before coming to Omicron looking for every wreckage I can find and looting it. Still nothing. I remember there used to be a base building tutorial that would have me put a core, generator, and fuel tank to power the comms station, so I did that and still nothing. I'm stumped. I can't find the freighter, and can't proceed with main story mission. I assume it's something dumb that I'm missing, but I have no idea what it is. Can someone please shed some light as to how I get this story mission to actually direct me to the wreckage?

Edit: So I've visited every POI on the planet and scanned it, even the enemy one's, and there is no wreckage to go to. No clue why quest isn't updating.

Edit 2: I tried multiple seeds and used GM mode to speed my way to Omicron and still had issues. I have since uninstalled the game, deleted all my save files and the entire Empyrion folder, removed all workshop mods, reinstalled the game, added back the workshop mods, and now it works. Just gonna leave this here if anyone experiences same issue.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
  2. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Can you please open the console while you are on Omicron and type in "stats" and send in a screenshot of this? Maybe it is a seed where the Wreckage was not placed...

3. WesternDevil

WesternDevil Ensign

I can tell you that I tried multiple seeds and used GM mode to speed my way to Omicron and still had issues. One of the seeds just kept repeating the "Go to the Tower" mission.

I have since uninstalled the game, deleted all my save files and the entire Empyrion folder, removed all workshop mods, reinstalled the game, added back the workshop mods, and now it works. I wish I could have take a screenshot of the info you wanted, but I deleted everything before I saw your message. Game works now though. Thanx for the reply.

Hummel-o-War likes this.
  4. Shiono_the_Shade

Shiono_the_Shade Ensign

I am having the exact same issue
    No Marker
    found the Old Junk that has the infinite loading teleporter
    and speaking of Junkpile the location is hyper dense with it and another named Pile of Junk and a ton of wreckages, not the right one though, all within a couple hundred meters of Damaged Comm Station (also would include that screenshot but this forum is not letting me atm since I already have the other file apparently XD)

UPDATE: SEEMS I ALSO HAD TO DO AS WESTERNDEVIL AND COMMIT TO A COMPLETE FRESH REINSTALL OF EMPYRION, INCLUDING GOING AND REMOVING THE REMNANT STEAMAPP FOLDER OF THE GAME LEFT AFTER UNINSTALL.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2022
  5. Zeppelin

Zeppelin Ensign

Having the same issue here, no marker.
    [​IMG]