Creative - the "save blueprint" function does not work well

Discussion in 'Backlog' started by bbk.3164, Dec 28, 2022.

1. bbk.3164

bbk.3164 Commander

Build: 1.9.1 4013
    Mode: Creative
    Mode:

SERVER NAME:
    SEED-ID:

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: no

Reproducibility: maybe on weak PCs
    Severity: often

Type: Creative - the "save blueprint" function does not work well

Summary:

Description:

I have been observing this problem for many years - since 2015 (!)
    Sometimes - it's very difficult for me to save the blueprint, because from far away - the system simply does not respond to pressing the key to save the blueprint! then I have to get very close to my building, and then - the system already understands and allows me to save my blue print (!!!)
    Because of this - I'm having trouble! from afar, so that the whole building is on the screen part - very often it IS NOT POSSIBLE to activate the "save blueprint" function, then I come very close, and only a small fragment of my building remains on the screen!

... BUT - with a short game - I can sometimes save a large building even from a distance of 50-100 meters !!

I assume that this function (save blue print) has a limitation - some distance from the player to the structure ... but then WHY does the system NOT REACT when I try to save a small platform, 10x15 blocks in size, from a distance of about 10 meters ?????? ???????
    then I come up to 7 meters and the function WORKS!!!!!!!

Why is this happening ???????
    ... or - a request to the Developers - to improve the functionality of the "save blueprint" code from a long distance (!)

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) I have a weak laptop, maybe this affects the "save blueprint" option ?!
    2) try on a weak laptop to save any building from different distances.
    3) it is possible that at the beginning of the game - everything will work, but then, after a while - the system will stop responding, and you will need to get CLOSER to save the blue print ?!
    4) try to stand in one place and build something, remove blocks with a multitool, and through the construction window "H" with the "Cancel" key, and then try to save such a blueprint!
    ... I once had such that several times I did not move the character, and the save WORKS (!)
    ... but then saving stopped working! I got closer to start the save !
    .... but once, when from the middle distance - the save DID NOT START - I just moved on, and again returned to the middle distance, and the save HAPPENED (!)
    5) try to save the blueprint NOT with the Alt + O key combination, but with another key! Is it possible that the game ALWAYS responds to the "Alt + O" key, but works crookedly with alternative keys ?!