Current block limit per building type?

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by Dakota Darkfire, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Dakota Darkfire

Dakota Darkfire Ensign

Sorry I may be confused can anyone direct me to the current information on the block limit for SV, CV, and BA?
    Or how this is calculated? I keep hearing size class or something and I admit I do not understand that.
    I want to build an armored SV and CV if that helps so I am looking into how big can I go here.

2. stanley bourdon

stanley bourdon Captain

3. Dakota Darkfire

Dakota Darkfire Ensign

Thank you sir yes I did read through that thread but saw no mention of block count limit. As you may already know in PvP you want to put on many layers to protect against damage. So I am wondering just how many blocks I can use.

4. stanley bourdon

stanley bourdon Captain

Is there a size limit? although not directly related to block count but triangle count. things like lights and decor and truss blocks, and the block shapes used as lagshot armour have much higher triangle count than square blocks. And there is an absolute block count or of meters you can go in each direction but I do not know that #. I imagine that any server with a size limit will reach that limit well before you get to dimensions. Hopefully, someone that knows more will answer

Dakota Darkfire likes this.
  5. ion_storm

ion_storm Captain

I recommend to build 1 block below the limit in any direction, because the outer sides of the last blocks often glitch...

6. Dakota Darkfire

Dakota Darkfire Ensign

Thank you very useful information there.

7. Dakota Darkfire

Dakota Darkfire Ensign

What I found so far is 250 l x w x h kind of things on unofficial websites. I would prefer the people who create the game furnish the information so I have accurate info. It may exist somewhere and I may just not know where it is. This could end in a DUH moment for me please excuse me if it does. Thank you.

stanley bourdon likes this.
  8. ion_storm

ion_storm Captain

Dakota Darkfire likes this.
  9. Dakota Darkfire

Dakota Darkfire Ensign

That is impressive.

10. Liang

Liang Captain

Also keep in mind that currently extremely large bases and CVs can cause lag and a very large unground base may not even spawn in via a blueprint as I found out, the hard way.

It is also more than likely that when they hammer out the bugs with Unity 2018 and implement it, it should remove some of the current build size limits.

11. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

Be aware though there is a movement around here to have mandated limits placed on this, as these folks don’t like having to pummel away for an hour to make a dent in your 256-block thick combat steel armor to make you run away.

I get both sides, and only support configurable limitations. But you know, some people....