Custom Scenario

Discussion in 'Planets & Playfields' started by zaphodikus, Jul 30, 2022.

1. zaphodikus

zaphodikus Captain

In version up to around 1.1 you could copy files to set a custom scenario, and I recall that it would get you the default starter planets as normal?
    I'm seeing a weird thing happen in v1.8. Every time I start a fresh game in my custom scenario, all starter planets are "Easy" and always have freshly randomised names. I'm missing something here, a step that's not been updated in the Custom scenario builder guide perhaps?

2. TwitchyJ

TwitchyJ Commander

If you are trying to get the 4 moons as starters then you will have to copy the files from the 'Default Random' scenario.
    Inside the default random scenario folder is the sectors folder which contains the default Sectors.yaml file.
    That file is what defines the current starter moons.

If you don't include that in your scenario then it will default to the old pre 1.8 starter planets with names determined by the seed.

3. zaphodikus

zaphodikus Captain

THanks Twitchy I figured it out just as I read your reply. Ha Ha. OK. I needed to copy Sectors.YAML over....but all the starts are all "Easy" in my scenario. I'm still missing a few clues....oh we (the devs) changed the default survival to only have one difficulty. When did this happen, any notes how to change it back to have Easy Medium and Hard starts?

(It has been to hot to do any gaming, it finally cooled down this week. So now I'm finally getting around to customizing the starting drop pod)